Blues Trade Proposals Part XXIX

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
The remarks about how much we might miss Shatty reinforce the concept that we really must get something for him...sooner rather than later.

We can't afford to pay him $6.5ish or higher to play on the right side behind Petro and Parayko....nor are there any indications that he would necessarily even sign a deal with DA. Losing him for nothing is the situation we must avoid.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Id like to know the Blues record vs the Pens in recent years. . It seems like the Blues have handled them pretty well lately.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The remarks about how much we might miss Shatty reinforce the concept that we really must get something for him...sooner rather than later.

We can't afford to pay him $6.5ish or higher to play on the right side behind Petro and Parayko....nor are there any indications that he would necessarily even sign a deal with DA. Losing him for nothing is the situation we must avoid.

I bet there are several offers on the table right now. Armstrong is going to wait and let teams bid against other, but he wont wait too long so he's now stuck. I think Shatty will be moved within 7 days

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I miss Cole. I was always one of his supporters who wanted to see him stay and be developed. Loved his size and toughness

Haha wrong thread. My bad

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I miss Cole. I was always one of his supporters who wanted to see him stay and be developed. Loved his size and toughness

Haha wrong thread. My bad

rQNoC7e.png

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/02/04...will-have-company-on-sellers-list-soon-enough

There’s talk the Blues gave a team in the East permission to talk contract with defenceman Kevin Shattenkirk a couple of weeks ago but the deal fell through and he remains on the market. The Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers, Devils and Sharks all need help on defence. At this point, it may make sense for Shattenkirk to wait until July 1 to sign anywhere because he’s the top blueliner available

If true, looks like Shatty was talking to an Eastern team during the past few weeks and it fell through. (Via Bruce Garrioch, Ottawa Sun, he is a recognized Media source for the Sens)

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Blues are sellers.

Shattenkirk for Senyshyn, Lauzon, + 2017 1st.

Berglund for Edmonton's 2018 2nd.

Gunnarsson for Montreal's 2017 3rd.

Swing a deal with Yzerman to get Tyler Johnson and take an extra salary off their hands like Coburn or Garrison.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues are sellers.

Swing a deal with Yzerman to get Tyler Johnson and take an extra salary off their hands like Coburn or Garrison.

Before we trade Shatty Yeo needs to teach him how to BIC his head.

bluesfan3109

Let's Go Blues!!!
Jan 26, 2015
STL/IL
Blues are sellers.

You forgot Lehtera........someone, anyone, please take him

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If the Blues could land a Tyler Johnson or equivalent, I don't mind Lehtera being the 3C. He's still overpaid for that role but it's serviceable.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
What teams are the most likely TDL destinations for Shattenkirk now?

I've really warmed to the idea of Kapanen + pick from Toronto, any chance that could happen still?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I've really warned to the idea of Kapanen + pick from Toronto, any chance that could happen still?

Boston
Toronto
New York

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

I've really warmed to the idea of Kapanen + pick from Toronto, any chance that could happen still?

Possible, only if a long term deal is agreed upon first. Toronto would be idiots otherwise. They don't need a rental

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012

I'm right there with you and realistically think we can get JVR and KK. JVR fits our core age, and KK can hopefully become our 2RW. If this is the return, we can later figure out the LW logjam (fabbri-->C, or move him or Schwartz for a C)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad