Blues Trade Proposals Part XXIX

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Landeskog also plays well on RW. If only we could fuse with Colorado...

The ColoLouis AvaBlues

Fabbri Duchene Tarasenko
Schwartz Stastny Landeskog
Steen Berglund Perron

On a serious note, I think the only untouchables on this team are Petro, Tarasenko, and Parayko, but I'm willing to include Fabbri and Schwart on the next tier in that order due to how I see them project. I think Parayko and Fabbri will both make Petro and Schwartz less necessary down the line.

I would be willing to trade anyone not in the big three for Duchene and/or Landeskog. Just for fun, here would be my max offers.

:blues
Duchene

:avs
Schwartz+Lehtera+Dunn

Landeskog

Schwartz+Shattenkirk+1st

Duchene
Landeskog

Schwartz
Shattenkirk
Lehtera
'17 1st
Dunn
Thompson

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Duchene

Gunnarsson
Dunn
Kyrou
1st

How far off am I value-wise?

I realize CO will be asking for a premium to trade Duchene within the division, so this probably isn't enough in reality. My thinking is they have the right side of their D pretty set with EJ and Barrie, so LHD might be appealing to them. Gunnar is still considered a solid top 4 Dman by some and Dunn gives them a good prospect moving forward. Kyrou is Kyrou. 1st is a 1st.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Duchene

Gunnarsson
Dunn
Kyrou
1st

How far off am I value-wise?

A lot. Avs don't want Gunnarsson as the main piece, Dunn isn't hyped enough, and Kyrou is an unknown.

If we're trading defenseman, we have to include Shattenkirk for at least his resale value, IMO. Gunnarsson could be a piece but he has to be the second or third best piece.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
A lot. Avs don't want Gunnarsson as the main piece, Dunn isn't hyped enough, and Kyrou is an unknown.

If we're trading defenseman, we have to include Shattenkirk for at least his resale value, IMO. Gunnarsson could be a piece but he has to be the second or third best piece.

So adding Binnington + 2018 2nd probably doesn't get it done then? Haha I'm admittedly not great at gauging trade value. Although looking at the offer, it seems like classic quality for quantity where one team wants to receive a premier player without giving up significant value.

I'm not opposed to including Shattenkirk, he might even be willing to resign in CO long term. However, I really think we are going to miss his contributions to our offense, particularly on the PP, when he is gone. Not sure the Avs would have much interest in Shattenkirk if he did not want to resign there.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
To Blues

Pierre Turgeon

To Alumni

Jori Lehtera

:laugh: Dude Pierre was so good. Guy can still wheel out there. I was thrilled when he was announced as a participant and he sure didn't disappoint. 47 years old and the guy can rip. What an awesome event.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I choked up. Brian Sutter getting emotional. Turgeon wheeling around, Chase scoring, Walt and Jackman... Wow. So proud to be a Blues fan. This oeganization has given me reason to be proud. Ok enough .... Stanley Cup please!:)

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
:laugh: Dude Pierre was so good. Guy can still wheel out there. I was thrilled when he was announced as a participant and he sure didn't disappoint. 47 years old and the guy can rip. What an awesome event.

I choked up. Brian Sutter getting emotional. Turgeon wheeling around, Chase scoring, Walt and Jackman... Wow. So proud to be a Blues fan. This oeganization has given me reason to be proud. Ok enough .... Stanley Cup please!:)

I choked up seeing him out there and then I absolutely lost my mind when he scored. Then he ends up with the game winner.

And then Tkachuk has on a Demitra jersey. Very emotional day. When the Blues do eventually win it all, there will be serious waterworks.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Lehterasenkshow maybe I'm reading this wrong but is that trade proposal Schwartz+Shattenkirk+1st for Landeskog? I'd rather have Schwartz than Landeskog but at worst they are close. why would we add so much that's crazy?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
No trade with The Avs make any sense. They'll want Parayko or a projected top pairing LHD, which is either not available or we just don't have.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It might be better to fast forward to Mar 1st so we can all be disappointed in the TDL results.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I don't see how Landeskog is an upgrade over Schwartz, that trade is outrageous

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Lehterasenkshow maybe I'm reading this wrong but is that trade proposal Schwartz+Shattenkirk+1st for Landeskog? I'd rather have Schwartz than Landeskog but at worst they are close. why would we add so much that's crazy?

I was just trying to offer max trade value for each player. I think I would be willing to add more value to the Duchene deal but it's difficult with Colorado needing a placeholder at center in return and the salary cap. Landekog, IMO, is more desperately needed by the Blues than they need Schwartz. We need a Backes replacement, and I think Landeskog could be just that and more - value might be off but I was getting tired of being accused of being stingy and under-value the almighty elite talent on any other team while the rest of the world continues to ignore players like Parayko, Schwartz, Shattenkirk, Fabbri... Anyone not named Tarasenko and maybe then some. At this point I'd rather over-exaggerate on a forum but know internally that I'm overpaying just to get past the usual ten pages of "you gotta give to get" and "my player's a 60pt player that has never reached 60pts".

Last edited:

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Why would the Blues even attempt to trade for Landeskog? Comparatively where do you see him vs Fabbri & Schwartz? I get that Landeskog has size but what other advantage over Fabbri & Schwartz? On top of that he's yet another LW. Explain how Duchene, an instant #1C on the Blues, would be less of a need than Landeskog.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Why would the Blues even attempt to trade for Landeskog? Comparatively where do you see him vs Fabbri & Schwartz? I get that Landeskog has size but what other advantage over Fabbri & Schwartz? On top of that he's yet another LW. Explain how Duchene, an instant #1C on the Blues, would be less of a need than Landeskog.

Landeskog would be less of a need than Duchene - but maybe not as much as we might realize. However, I do agree that I am effectively offering more for Landeskog instead of Duchene because of the salary cap and Colorado likely needing a stop-gap C. There's probably an easy way to offer more for Duchene as a max offer - maybe Schwartz-Shattenkirk-Lehtera-1st for Duchene-Colborne-Gelinas or something.

I see Landeskog as a large, great two-way player than can play BOTH wings just as well, is a great net-front presence, and has a good shot/passing ability. He's probably closer to Schwartz than Fabbri, but with a little less offense and more defense/size. He's signed to a similar deal as Schwartz is (except longer), but he's, imo, likely to be a better all-around player. Landeskog might even become a better offensive threat than Schwartz. . . his numbers are actually similar if not better.

Fabbri will always be better offensively and have better vision - he's the playmaker we need at center if he can ever transition. Maybe he'll be that 1C for us? However, I think Fabbri will be about what Duchene is as a 2C if he can't ever reach elite center status. This is why I would keep Fabbri over Schwartz.

If we trade for Landeskog, we'd put him on RW.

Steen Lehtera Tarasenko
Fabbri Stastny Landeskog
Jaskin Berglund Perron

Again, I'd rather have Duchene, but barring that, I'd think trading Shattenkirk in a package for Landeskog not only useful, but a good trade to be made if we can't use him in a way to get a center.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Landeskog would be less of a need than Duchene - but maybe not as much as we might realize. However, I do agree that I am effectively offering more for Landeskog instead of Duchene because of the salary cap and Colorado likely needing a stop-gap C. There's probably an easy way to offer more for Duchene as a max offer - maybe Schwartz-Shattenkirk-Lehtera-1st for Duchene-Colborne-Gelinas or something.

I see Landeskog as a large, great two-way player than can play BOTH wings just as well, is a great net-front presence, and has a good shot/passing ability. He's probably closer to Schwartz than Fabbri, but with a little less offense and more defense/size. He's signed to a similar deal as Schwartz is (except longer), but he's, imo, likely to be a better all-around player. Landeskog might even become a better offensive threat than Schwartz. . . his numbers are actually similar if not better.

Fabbri will always be better offensively and have better vision - he's the playmaker we need at center if he can ever transition. Maybe he'll be that 1C for us? However, I think Fabbri will be about what Duchene is as a 2C if he can't ever reach elite center status. This is why I would keep Fabbri over Schwartz.

If we trade for Landeskog, we'd put him on RW.

Steen Lehtera Tarasenko
Fabbri Stastny Landeskog
Jaskin Berglund Perron

Again, I'd rather have Duchene, but barring that, I'd think trading Shattenkirk in a package for Landeskog not only useful, but a good trade to be made if we can't use him in a way to get a center.

Those forward lines doesn't look any better than what we have now, and we traded Shattenkirk and a first in order to make it happen. It just doesn't make any sense.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Those forward lines doesn't look any better than what we have now, and we traded Shattenkirk and a first in order to make it happen. It just doesn't make any sense.

Again, I'm just throwing out max value that we could offer. I doubt we'd need to offer Schwartz, Shattenkirk AND a first for Landeskog. Probably Schwartz+ to get them to drop their captain and a longer deal. Shattenkirk is gone anyway, and if we're going after players that can help us now and in the future that aren't centers, there's no better fit than Landeskog in a Shattenkirk package. I'd be all about trying to keep Schwartz and work a purely futures/Shattenkirk package.

Landeskog

Shattenkirk (he can then be flipped at the TDL for 2 1sts of value; Army would never do it unless we are for sure out)
STL '17 1st
Dunn

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Av's currently have EJ & Barrie on the right side. Both are signed long term. The trade rumors hovered around Barrie for a while but he just signed a 4 year deal this past July.

Where does Shattenkirk fit on the right side with the Av's? I just don't see it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The Av's currently have EJ & Barrie on the right side. Both are signed long term. The trade rumors hovered around Barrie for a while but he just signed a 4 year deal this past July.

Where does Shattenkirk fit on the right side with the Av's? I just don't see it.
The only way it works is if they flip him to another team.

#nothappening

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
hahaha

I was still going off your original idea:

"Schwartz+Shattenkirk+1st"

No worries, it's not just you. Shattenkirk only has values after being liquidated into picks, and while it might not be likely, this was a continuation off of last thread where I was trying to put together a package that didn't involve Parayko, yet was offering (in my estimation) more than what Duchene is worth on the market. If we're going off of what is MOST likely, then we're looking at getting Nothing. Barring that, we'll probably get a former Dallas Star or Henrik Zetterberg. . .

If we're being honest, the most likely thing is we do nothing and there is really no point to this year. But, if we'll dream just a little, I think we have the assets to potentially trade for either Landeskog or Duchene - it's just not likely enough value without Parayko and not likely enough to happen (from the Blues end) with Parayko.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
To OTT:
Shattenkirk
Lehtera

To STL:
Turris/Hoffman/Brassard

Both teams are contending at the TDL, but as bottom seeds. Ottawa gets a little more help on an anemic d-corps (Karlsson aside, of course) without taking a massive hit at center. Blues upgrade at Center and get more out of their top 6 as a consequence, which has been our downfall every year. Turris and Brassard are both two years removed from 40+ assist seasons. Turris is a bargain at $3.5mil until the end of the 17-18 season. Brassard and Hoffman are both $5+ until '19 and '20 respectively (cheap for a 1C, compared to what Stastny costs us). Ottawa has the cap room to take back two contracts for one. Turris and Tarasenko can get together and laugh about the days when David Rundblad was supposed to be better than both of them.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
To OTT:
Shattenkirk
Lehtera

To STL:
Turris/Hoffman/Brassard

Both teams are contending at the TDL, but as bottom seeds. Ottawa gets a little more help on an anemic d-corps (Karlsson aside, of course) without taking a massive hit at center. Blues upgrade at Center and get more out of their top 6 as a consequence, which has been our downfall every year. Turris and Brassard are both two years removed from 40+ assist seasons. Turris is a bargain at $3.5mil until the end of the 17-18 season. Brassard and Hoffman are both $5+ until '19 and '20 respectively (cheap for a 1C, compared to what Stastny costs us). Ottawa has the cap room to take back two contracts for one. Turris and Tarasenko can get together and laugh about the days when David Rundblad was supposed to be better than both of them.

Hoffman is probably the most likely of the 3 to be available, and he is a LW'er.

I imagine that Turris is the same situation as Tavares; he isn't available unless he makes it clear that he isn't signing an extension.

They just traded for Brassard, so I doubt they move him now.

That is before we factor in that if they resigned Shattenkirk, which is the only incentive for them to do this, then they'd be taking on ~$6m in salary in this trade. I don't see that happening with the revenue problems they have in Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad