Blues Trade Proposals Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
It doesn't matter who we trade Berglund for. I'll be happy for him when he scores the series winner against us in the future.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
then again, the Sabres also make the playoffs every year when you simulate the season

I'd obviously love to have him though

Ducks are also a lottery team on mine lolz....

A serious idea now though

Berglund+Oshie for Boedker+2015 2nd...maybe another plus. Idk the value difference between oshie and Boedker.

Schwartz Lehterä Tarasenko
Boedker Stastny Fabbri
Steen Backes Jaskin

Could flip a few guys around but Fabbri and Boedker add a ton of speed.

Maybe porkasenko goes on a diet and gets faster too :sarcasm:. Jaskin's skating could also improve over the summer hopefully

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
We just need OEL...do you know how easy it is to get him in NHL 15? Dudes a stud and goes for scraps.

Surely it works in real life too

Back in earlier versions of NHLxx (for example NHL 04) the computer would pretty much accept any trade as long as the guy's rating was within 1 point of the guy you were trading. So you could always start with a plug, say a 70. Trade him for a 71. Then him for a 72. Do this 25 times (often with the same team), and suddenly Todd Rierdon becomes Scott Niedermayer. I say we do that.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Here's to thinking that the blues will get what most fans want for oshie+berglund.:naughty:

Here's to thinking that most blues fans won't miss Berglund.:cry:

Here's to no one acknowledging my playoff stats of berglund, steen, backes, and oshie, but also to everyone who still has two of the latter three in the lineup and complains about our playoff performance next year (again).

Oooooh that 3rd round pick is so desirable! Adding Berglund to an Oshie doesn't get a game changer! Sobotka doesn't replace Berglund! They fill different niches... can we talk about this?

Because Oshie is prime trade bait, and Backes is as well... though it is difficult to trade a captain.

I don't understand the mindset of "let's flip 26 YO bergie for a third round pick and sign glen cross with his salary", No one ever said that, but people think they can get something for Berglund, and still wanna try for a cup with Backes and oshie. Or people think throwing berglund in with oshie makes a good deal, because sobotka is coming back (which isn't for certain, and fills a different role than berglund).

Sure, we can act like we're the hawks, paying 6 mill to Karasenko and Toewartz (while the hawks are paying 10) and sliding under the radar.... able to feed another season of butt goals and deflections off defensemen that make Beglund look like a tradeable asset.

I'll let go of the Berglund, because I have already accepted that he has been traded. But I ask you all, what did we get? And I ask you again to develop the same faith in the same team with unrealistic expectations for prospects to step up. Does anyone see my point?:(

edit: i meant to say we should trade berglund and oshie for malcolm subban and brad marchand, and lose to the avalanche next year..... sorry, forgot i was a blues fan who should think that Berglund is a first liner, but isn't putting up the points. He doesn't play defense, he's worth a pick in this draft, let's trade him and keep everyone who is older. Let's shark out! Are you all kidding me? let's get serious about our team here!

Last edited:

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Here's to thinking that the blues will get what most fans want for oshie+berglund.:naughty:

Here's to no one acknowledging my playoff stats of berglund, steen, backes, and oshie, but also to everyone who still has two of the latter three in the lineup and complains about our playoff performance next year (again).

Oooooh that 3rd round pick is so desirable! Adding Berglund to an Oshie doesn't get a game changer! Sobotka doesn't replace Berglund! They fill different niches... can we talk about this?

Because Oshie is prime trade bait, and Backes is as well... though it is difficult to trade a captain.

I don't understand the mindset of "let's flip 26 YO bergie for a third round pick and sign glen cross with his salary", No one ever said that, but people think they can get something for Berglund, and still wanna try for a cup with Backes and oshie. Or people think throwing berglund in with oshie makes a good deal, because sobotka is coming back (which isn't for certain, and fills a different role than berglund).

Sure, we can act like we're the hawks, paying 6 mill to Karasenko and Toewartz (while the hawks are paying 10) and sliding under the radar.... able to feed another season of butt goals and deflections off defensemen that make Beglund look like a tradeable asset.

I'll let go of the Berglund, because I have already accepted that he has been traded. But I ask you all, what did we get? And I ask you again to develop the same faith in the same team with unrealistic expectations for prospects to step up. Does anyone see my point?:(

edit: i meant to say we should trade berglund and oshie for malcolm subban and brad marchand, and lose to the avalanche next year..... sorry, forgot i was a blues fan who should think that Berglund is a first liner, but isn't putting up the points. He doesn't play defense, he's worth a pick in this draft, let's trade him and keep everyone who is older. Let's shark out! Are you all kidding me? let's get serious about our team here!

Ok, sure. Um

We can't win with this core.

How's that? :)

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

We need to drop salary. It isn't optional. Tarasenko is getting a big raise this year, coupled with minor raises to Allen and Bortuzzo. Next year Schwartz will be getting a big raise, then there is the likes of Backes, Lehterä, Jaškin and Gunnarsson to consider. The cap might not see any rise for the 2016/17 season which would make shifting contracts very difficult. We have to have some flexibility.

Your stats on Berglund's playoff production are a flawed look. He produced big against the Sharks and was nothing more than solid, but unproductive, against the Kings and 'Hawks. Trying to paint him as a playoff performer on the back of a series against the Sharks 3 years ago and this series against the Wild doesn't carry much weight.

Arguing that he is better than guys we are ripping for being complete no-shows doesn't really add much weight to the argument either. Also, it's highly unlikely that Berglund would have had the success he has had in the postseason if he had been used in the roles that Steen or Backes have faced. Trying to compare a guy being paid $3.7m on our third line to guys earning $4.175m and $4.5m and playing on the first line doesn't make sense.

If Berglund produced consistently in the regular season, there would be a good argument to keep him. If he was a big playoff player, there would be a good argument to keep him. Underproducing in the regular season, then playing like he should in the playoffs isn't good enough to justify his salary on the third line.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Is this a drunken rant? I seriously can't figure out what you're saying here.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yes, we need OEL because he's obviously better than Pietrangelo. :sarcasm:

Pie goes all sorts of Norris in NHL 15. By the 2nd season he's 91 OA

OEL Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson Shattenkirk
Kulikov Bortuzzo

That's my defense lol. Zadorov in the system. Yea...I edit the rosters before I start :)

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Pie goes all sorts of Norris in NHL 15. By the 2nd season he's 91 OA

OEL Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson Shattenkirk
Kulikov Bortuzzo

That's my defense lol. Zadorov in the system. Yea...I edit the rosters before I start :)

Yet he never seems to win the Norris in NHL 15. It's just like in real life where points are the only thing that matters. I had Shatty put up 65 points one year and was a +33 and still didn't win the Norris, all simmed.

EDIT: Karlsson won that year with 74 points and -3

Also my OEL better than Petro reference was from the "Top 90 D List" on the main boards where apparently OEL and Gio are better than Petro.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yea OEL is great offensively but isn't in the same realm as Pietrangelo defensively. He's so damn elusive in the d-zone with getting the puck and sending it up ice

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Yet he never seems to win the Norris in NHL 15. It's just like in real life where points are the only thing that matters. I had Shatty put up 65 points one year and was a +33 and still didn't win the Norris, all simmed.

EDIT: Karlsson won that year with 74 points and -3

Also my OEL better than Petro reference was from the "Top 90 D List" on the main boards where apparently OEL and Gio are better than Petro.

Giordano was making a strong argument this season at least, and I think he would have been in the discussion for Norris if he didn't get hurt.

Pietro can have the exact same season, and if the Blues are in the SCF he will get more recognition. It is what it is.

Really still not sure if dustman is pro or con on Berglund. I can't unriddle that post.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's pro Berglund, I'm not opposed to keeping Berglund but his stats don't scream Playoff beast and the fact of the matter is the Blues don't trade Oshie and Backes without getting a 1c back, they will simply be a worse team with Stastny - Lehterä -Berglund/Sobotka down the middle

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Yea OEL is great offensively but isn't in the same realm as Pietrangelo defensively. He's so damn elusive in the d-zone with getting the puck and sending it up ice

It's the same thing with McDonagh, people love to say he's better than Petro. Yet watching this Rags/Caps series I see so many times McD trying to move the puck up the ice through the other team and I would just sit there and say to myself "Pietrangelo would never had done something THAT stupid."

This play is the one that comes to mind.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
He's pro Berglund, I'm not opposed to keeping Berglund but his stats don't scream Playoff beast and the fact of the matter is the Blues don't trade Oshie and Backes without getting a 1c back, they will simply be a worse team with Stastny - Lehterä -Berglund/Sobotka down the middle

I don't see how we can keep Berglund and give raises to the four players that are due to get them soon.

We have to free up money somewhere. I'm not sure keeping Berglund is an option.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It's the same thing with McDonagh, people love to say he's better than Petro. Yet watching this Rags/Caps series I see so many times McD trying to move the puck up the ice through the other team and I would just sit there and say to myself "Pietrangelo would never had done something THAT stupid."

This play is the one that comes to mind.

It happens every year in the playoffs. The guys who are still playing when it's down to 4 and 2 teams get magnified and glorified. McD is one such example. I'm sure Hedman will be that this year.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
It happens every year in the playoffs. The guys who are still playing when it's down to 4 and 2 teams get magnified and glorified. McD is one such example. I'm sure Hedman will be that this year.

Exactly, people who say Petro is overrated are people who don't watch him very often if at all and just look at stats. Heck, even Wild fans said he was the best dman in that series. If we could make it past the first round and get more national exposure more people would realize how good he is

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If he would get his offensive game going. He'd be a 60pt shutdown mobile dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad