Blues Trade Proposals Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The only thing that has become clear to me since the end of the season in following these boards: there are no moves that are even remotely obvious that look to improve this team.

The easiest move is the head coaching change.

More likely than not, Armstrong is going to have to bide his time on moving players like Oshie. A hockey trade is tough to orchestrate, and usually simmer for weeks/months before both parties are ready to pull the trigger. Trading for futures (like possibly Berglund) is the more realistic off-season moves.

I think Armstrong is correct in his appraisal that getting Tarasenko's salary sorted out is going to be mandatory before he can get too fancy with other roster moves. I really don't envy him his job right now, but I hope he can hit a home run.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The situation is...

• The Devils can sign him to a contract, and he'll be eligible to play as long as the League clears the contract.
  • All 30 GM's allow him back as an UFA. No chance of this happening, the Devils are not going to let an asset leave for nothing.
  • Sit out a year and only the Devils need to allow him to be an UFA. Which is no different from the first option, except he loses a years salary.
  • Wait until he is 35, when he can return as an UFA.

So Kovalchuk is pretty unlikely.

Ward would be my preference as well. More likely that he'd be willing to take a shorter term deal than Williams.

If the cap is rising to $71.5m, then that give enough teams flexibility to offer stupid contracts in UFA.
Devils could sign and trade him though? I'm not saying Kovalchuk would solve our problems, but if Army was highly interested in him, Devils could get some youth out of him as I doubt he fits in their future

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Wonder if Chris Krieder would be available from the Rangers in a trade involving Oshie. He has the speed as well as the grit, and can actually produce in the playoffs.

If the Rangers are looking to move pieces they deem important it will only be because they need to drop salary. I suppose it's not impossible Kreider is moved next offseason, but he's cheap next season.

Someone like Carl Hagelin is interesting because he might become too expensive for them, but we don't have an abundance of cheap assets...

Devils could sign and trade him though? I'm not saying Kovalchuk would solve our problems, but if Army was highly interested in him, Devils could get some youth out of him as I doubt he fits in their future

As long as the NHL allow his contract, they could sign and trade. However, I don't imagine that Kovalchuk will be too interested in taking a discount, and at 32 the back end of any contract could be ugly.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I agree, the Rangers may be looking to trade away players that may become too expensive. I know they've made it farther in the playoffs and such but I feel like we make good trade partners. Oshie and something else for Hagelin/Krieder and something else could be a start.

bluesfan3109

Let's Go Blues!!!
Jan 26, 2015
STL/IL
I agree, the Rangers may be looking to trade away players that may become too expensive. I know they've made it farther in the playoffs and such but I feel like we make good trade partners. Oshie and something else for Hagelin/Krieder and something else could be a start.

This. I like this. I like this a lot. We need some speed. We cannot keep up with teams like Minnesota and Chicago. I'm not saying trade all our big guys and go all out speed, but we need to have a better mixture than what we currently have. I would love Kreider, but I don't see NYR giving him up, but I could see a deal around Hagelin/Oshie happening.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What is Buffy situation? I know its division trade, but still there could be good reason both side trade. What Buffy would cost to us?

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
What is Buffy situation? I know its division trade, but still there could be good reason both side trade. What Buffy would cost to us?

I love Buff, he would cost a lot to get, especially as a division rival but if we could make it happen with Oshie + I'd probably do it

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Buff as a forward I guess? Zero use for him on defense honestly...

Yep on forwards to Buff I meant it, but thinking of more that its impossible to make it happend. Maybe 3rd team should include there.

My head hurts so much, try to look every team what could be fit our top RW spot.

I Don't envy Army job right now.

Btw, that Panarin is gold mine what he has showed on WC. Why on earth Chicago and now they can easily release cap and maybe use Sharp to get prospects + picks. Damn it.

Thousand times, Army pick Donskoi. Give him same kind of deal like Jocke get last season. Low-risk high-reward.

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Yep on forwards to Buff I meant it, but thinking of more that its impossible to make it happend. Maybe 3rd team should include there.

My head hurts so much, try to look every team what could be fit our top RW spot.

I Don't envy Army job right now.

Btw, that Panarin is gold mine what he has showed on WC. Why on earth Chicago and now they can easily release cap and maybe use Sharp to get prospects + picks. Damn it.

Thousand times, Army pick Donskoi. Give him same kind of deal like Jocke get last season. Low-risk high-reward.

This times 100. I think a lot of GMs would see that a change needs to be made, and then not have the patience to make a good move, instead making a FAST move that turned out to not help.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Nothing against him personally, but I really hope he becomes Lindstrom. If he'd gone to any other team (except maybe the Kings) I'd wish him well.

Yea that's what I meant lol.

I was patiently awaiting the hawks to regress for awhile. I wont buy the hype train till he displays it here.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I forgot about the cap, I did. Thanks for letting me know in a friendly way.:handclap:

EDIT: i think you could fit this under the cap actually.... and to be honest, the blues lineup needed to be dropped in a blender.

So you think we can give Tarasenko an appropriate raise, resign Bortuzzo and Allen (who'll get raises as well), and then sign Ward or Willams while remaining under the cap?

Very optimistic. It's more likely we'd have to trade someone to stay under the cap.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So you think we can give Tarasenko an appropriate raise, resign Bortuzzo and Allen (who'll get raises as well), and then sign Ward or Willams while remaining under the cap?

Very optimistic. It's more likely we'd have to trade someone to stay under the cap.
We could only sign one of them if Oshie was moved

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We just need OEL...do you know how easy it is to get him in NHL 15? Dudes a stud and goes for scraps.

Surely it works in real life too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad