Blues Trade Proposals Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
But why the Hawks? Because he has the best chance for a championship with them? What is this, the NBA?

LOL, no but if you read the Carolina Hurricanes roster, it sure sounds like the NBA. Malone, Jordan, Hainsey, Nash....

Panarin v Tarasenko could be a cool playoff storyline.

I speak in riddles when it comes down to what the Blues should do with the lineup because I've been drunk since they lost Game 6 and I really can't figure out what to do.
I'm not really seeing the need to free up money until next year.

Would love to trade with the lightning, sens, Isles, or capitals:nod:

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
Backes and Oshie for Eberle and Edmonton's 16th overall pick.

Edmonton gets grit and defensive players while the Blues get more skill and performance under pressure.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That's terrible..... Oshie+ for Eberle...sure but both Backes and Oshie for Eberle and a first that does us no good for a few years...

For that package I want RNH+

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
That's terrible..... Oshie+ for Eberle...sure but both Backes and Oshie for Eberle and a first that does us no good for a few years...

For that package I want RNH+

Well, considering how Backes and Oshie have done absolutely nothing for the Blues in the past 3 postseasons, it's really not bad. Also, you have to factor in how good this draft is going to be. That 16th overall pick is similar to a 10th overall pick in an average draft year. Think about that.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Well, considering how Backes and Oshie have done absolutely nothing for the Blues in the past 3 postseasons, it's really not bad. Also, you have to factor in how good this draft is going to be. That 16th overall pick is similar to a 10th overall pick in an average draft year. Think about that.

Every attempted point in this paragraph makes no sense whatsoever. The proposed trade is awful

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Jordan Eberle has never played a PO game so he could easily fold just like Oshie. Outside of the top 10, the elite talent isn't really there unless someone falls.

As I've said. Backes+Oshie for RNH+ push for Pitts 1st settle for Oilers 2nd.

Oiler fans would love Backes and would consider RNH, but Backes's contract is a hold up, Oshie is worth more then the 1st so I'd like to say it evens out.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Jordan Eberle has never played a PO game so he could easily fold just like Oshie. Outside of the top 10, the elite talent isn't really there unless someone falls.

Oiler fans would love Backes and would consider RNH,
but Backes's contract is a hold up, Oshie is worth more then the 1st so I'd like to say it evens out.

Not for RNH they wouldn't. They wouldn't do that package for RNH and have said so more than once. It would have to be Chiarelli wanting to add toughness to make something like that happen.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
I do have a better proposition. It's called not trading a very good player in David Backes for a draft pick that might help the team in 3 years

Are you really going to continue to consider David Backes a really good player after these last 3 playoff series? Did you watch a single game? He has done absolutely minimal when it matters. You have absolutely no argument as to why Backes is a very good player.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015

Oiler fans would love Backes and would consider RNH, but Backes's contract is a hold up, Oshie is worth more then the 1st so I'd like to say it evens out.

Eberle was team canada's most clutch player on multiple occasions during the WJC. You can't logically say that he is "just as easily to fold" as Oshie is. That's simply not true.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Are you really going to continue to consider David Backes a really good player after these last 3 post season playoffs? Did you watch a single game? He has done absolutely minimal when it matters. You have absolutely no argument as to why Backes is a very good player.

He is a good player, this isn't an argument. Does he need to be better in the playoffs? Yes. Does trading him without replacing him make the blues worse? Quite obviously

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
He is a good player, this isn't an argument. Does he need to be better in the playoffs? Yes. Does trading him without replacing him make the blues worse? Quite obviously

Oh so now Backes is just a 'good player'. Is he very good or is he just good? Seems like you're lowering your standards a bit here.

Now the argument comes down to whether or not you would be willing to trade 2 'good' players for a player with more skill and a good draft pick. That doesn't seem so absurd now does it? That's interesting.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not for RNH they wouldn't. They wouldn't do that package for RNH and have said so more than once. It would have to be Chiarelli wanting to add toughness to make something like that happen.

That's not what I've read before. His contract is what made it a no go. That was just for Backes with no one else added.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Eberle was team canada's most clutch player on multiple occasions during the WJC. You can't logically say that he is "just as easily to fold" as Oshie is. That's simply not true.

Eberle is a soft area sniper. He won't have the time and space that he's use to, so yes I can logically say he may not be a force in the Playoffs. Look how Tarasenko struggles to fight for his ice in the POs, and he's much bigger and stronger then Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad