Blues Trade Proposals Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Pietrangelo leads our team in blocked shots by a wide margin, with half again as many blocks as the next closest player.

:dunno:

It was meant to be funny, (as I at least find it impossible not to laugh at the Chris Farley Chippendales skit) to try to lighten the mood around here. The place turned into a No Fun Zone last night, and into the early morning hours

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It was meant to be funny, (as I at least find it impossible not to laugh at the Chris Farley Chippendales skit) to try to lighten the mood around here. The place turned into a No Fun Zone last night, and into the early morning hours

Blues lost, what do you expect lol

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Blues lost, what do you expect lol

Well for one, we out scored them for the series against Quick. That's huge, and cause for a little excitement & laughter imo. Seeing how many thought breaking that mental wall down was probably our biggest hurdle as a team. They succeeded with flying colors, bad D, stupid penalties & bad goal tending lost us that game, all extremely fixable with the personal we have. But our offense proved on back to back occasions they are more than good enough to beat Quick and the Kings (and without Frank or Schwartzy having to score the second night), Blues fans should think about that and be thrilled. The D, just just has to play a bit more physical, and tighten up a bit, and get our #1 goalie back, and we're gonna be in tremendous shape.

That's cause for happiness and laughter in my book.

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well for one, we out scored them for the series against Quick. That's huge, and cause for a little excitement & laughter imo. Seeing how many thought breaking that mental wall down was probably our biggest hurdle as a team. They succeeded with flying colors, bad D, stupid penalties & bad goal tending lost us that game, all extremely fixable with the personal we have. But our offense proved on back to back occasions they are more than good enough to be Quick and the Kings (and without Frank or Schwartzy having to score the second night), Blues fans should think about that and be thrilled. The D, just just has to play a bit more physical, and tighten up a bit, and get our #1 goalie back, and we're gonna be in tremendous shape.

That's cause for happiness and laughter in my book.

Logic doesn't apply when the Blues lose.

Every loss...expect a dumpster fire lol

cardsfan

May 22, 2013
This is my Let's Build Stastny a Line idea. Let me know what you think.

Part I. Paajaravi for Chris Stewart (Sabres retain lots of salary)

Just ... why not? Why not try it? Why not see if Stewart+Stastny is something that inherently works. Peter Stastny seemed to think it did when he complained so much about the Avs trading Stewart. If it doesn't work, fine. Stewie splits time with Jaskin/Lindstrom/whoever alongside Staz. I know there's some pride involved, not admitting (again) that the Miller trade didn't work, and maybe Stewie doesn't deserve another chance. But still, such low downside, and I'd love to see him fulfill some of the potential he had. (Remember the 23 points in 26 games his first year?) ... Also, good samaritanwise, I almost feel bad for Paajarvi at this point. Send him somewhere he has a reasonable chance to play a role, develop into a player. Way it's going here, I'd be shocked if he's ever a regular in our lineup, considering the NHLers currently ahead of him and the prospects that will soon be.

Part II. Berglund+mid-round-pick for Eriksson

It'd feel pretty lateral overall, but Eriksson might be a bit more of a natural alongside Stastny-Stewart, and as a winger in general. (That's also the downside, because Bergie gives us a good insurance policy at C). I imagine Boston would be doing it to then flip Berglund+D'man to Edmonton for either Hall (if the d'man is Dougie Hamilton and there's picks involved, too) or Eberle (if the d'man is Bartkowski or Krug). .... I want to hate this idea, but I just have a feeling that Eriksson would work under Hitch and alongside Stastny.

Also helps that both give us some financial flexibility as we move into the Tarasenko-Schwartz-Allen era, shedding us of the Berglund contract.

That'd leave us with:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Eriksson-Stastny-Stewart/Jaskin/Lindstrom
Ott-LaPierre-Reaves/Porter

Last edited:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
This is my Let's Build Stastny a Line idea. Let me know what you think.

Just ... why not? Why not try it? Why not see if Stewart+Stastny is something that inherently works. Peter Stastny seemed to think it did when he complained so much about the Avs trading Stewart. If it doesn't work, fine. Stewie splits time with Jaskin/Lindstrom/whoever alongside Staz. I know there's some pride involved, not admitting (again) that the Miller trade didn't work, and maybe Stewie doesn't deserve another chance. But still, such low downside, and I'd love to see him fulfill some of the potential he had. (Remember the 23 points in 26 games his first year?) ... Also, good samaritanwise, I almost feel bad for Paajarvi at this point. Send him somewhere he has a reasonable chance to play a role, develop into a player. Way it's going here, I'd be shocked if he's ever a regular in our lineup, considering the NHLers currently ahead of him and the prospects that will soon be.

Part II. Berglund+mid-round-pick for Eriksson

It'd feel pretty lateral overall, but Eriksson might be a bit more of a natural alongside Stastny-Stewart, and as a winger in general. (That's also the downside, because Bergie gives us a good insurance policy at C). I imagine Boston would be doing it to then flip Berglund+D'man to Edmonton for either Hall (if the d'man is Dougie Hamilton and there's picks involved, too) or Eberle (if the d'man is Bartkowski or Krug). .... I want to hate this idea, but I just have a feeling that Eriksson would work under Hitch and alongside Stastny.

Also helps that both give us some financial flexibility as we move into the Tarasenko-Schwartz-Allen era, shedding us of the Berglund contract.

That'd leave us with:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Eriksson-Stastny-Stewart/Jaskin/Lindstrom
Ott-LaPierre-Reaves/Porter
I'd be ok with the Ericksson swap, but I'd much rather rent Jagr for the right side (sounds like MPS and a pick value could get it done if I remember what their fans were saying).

Ericksson - Stastny - Jagr

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I thought Peter Stastny was upset about Shattenkirk leaving and that he basically thought EJ was a bust. I never heard comments that made me think the Stewart involvement was a big component of his complaint.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'd be ok with the Ericksson swap, but I'd much rather rent Jagr for the right side (sounds like MPS and a pick value could get it done if I remember what their fans were saying).

Like now Stastny cannot get out of himself all potency. Feels like Paul's capacity its getting wasted on 3rd line now with Bergy + Jaskin/Jocke. We have seen on couple games some chemistry with Bergs, but think about if he wingers like Eriksson + Jagr. Enough sayd? :bb:

Army needs to pull out upgrade 3rd line. They are okey now, but if we want to destroy CHI/KINGS post-season we need upgrade there.

Our d-core is good now when Gunnar comes back and if we get some problems on poff's you can always bring gritty rookie fellow Lindbohm help against nasty Kings or Hawks. Lindbohm vs. Shaw. :sarcasm:

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I wouldn't say overhaul the defense, but a change in philosophy is necessary. Especially if we fall in the first two rounds.

We've closed the gap on skill (a little room for improvement but not much considering how we made Quick look human. If we can do that to him, imagine what we'll do to Crawford). Our team defense and goaltending is solid.

We'll see if the defense and the philosophy therein will hold up.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I liked what I saw from Berglund-Stastny-Jaskin the other night. I'd give them some more time because what I think Staz needs more than anything is just a chance to get some continuity with the same wingers.

If that doesn't work, I'd go for Jagr as a rental ahead of Chris Stewart. Have zero interest in bringing him back unless the Sabres retained like 75 percent of salary.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I liked what I saw from Berglund-Stastny-Jaskin the other night. I'd give them some more time because what I think Staz needs more than anything is just a chance to get some continuity with the same wingers.

If that doesn't work, I'd go for Jagr as a rental ahead of Chris Stewart. Have zero interest in bringing him back unless the Sabres retained like 75 percent of salary.

50% is the max in the new CBA.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Is that value acceptable because Jagr has nothing left to contribute? Or they're over-rating Paajarvi? Its not a high price, and I can't think Magnus has much if any trade value at all.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Is that value acceptable because Jagr has nothing left to contribute? Or they're over-rating Paajarvi? Its not a high price, and I can't think Magnus has much if any trade value at all.
Perhaps they're overrating MPS a bit, but they are pretty desperate for wingers. They know Jagr isn't going to fetch a first, so there's only so much you can ask for.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range

Stewart was healthy scratched on a team that was expected to be one of the three worst teams in the league.

He managed to spend more than one season aimlessly floating on the Blues.

N.O.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Also, unless Chiarelli has utterly lost his mind the Blues aren't getting Eriksson for Berglund and extras.
Or if Armstrong has scandalous pictures or something.

Of course, if he has then I'm all for it.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
yikes I think JJ for JBo is a big time downgrade. Just my opinion though

Eh, I think it would be pretty similar. Both high end #2s who could be decent #1s on low level teams. I'd rather have Jaybo though.

Wonder what Blues could give up for a Sekera rental.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Eh, I think it would be pretty similar. Both high end #2s who could be decent #1s on low level teams. I'd rather have Jaybo though.

Wonder what Blues could give up for a Sekera rental.
Hopefully nothing because that's the last thing we need.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sekera would be too expensive and redundant.

We're not doing anything on defense especially top 4. I'd still like to see Mcquaid instead of Cole. I was a big fan of Cole but the fact that he's in rotations says he's done with the Blues imo.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
How would he help us?

I really don't understand why anyone is looking for a top-4 defenseman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad