Blues Trade Proposals Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

byfuglien

Mar 23, 2014
Europe
I really wouldnt mind us trading Oshie. Young american stud that we prob could get a good return form. Good player and fun to watch, but never going to be a consistent contributor and might be "hot" enough on the marked for us to reshape the top 6 a little. Throw in Berglund and promote Jaskin.

I feel we are a bit of a "pretender" team this year aswell. Deep team that has lots of potensial, but not really that "cutting edge" to win tight series against the likes of hawks or kings. We dont have that top D og goaltending that grinds it out when we're under siege and a wast majority of our top guns are very inconsistent. On our day we will beat anyone, so we defo are one the the top teams in the leauge, but it is thoose "close" days that kills you. Its not like its a lack of trying, we're just not quite good enough to win the SC imho.

Would rather bust trying than keep what we have and never win it.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Blues scored 8 goals in 2 games to one of the best NHL netminder, and people keep talking about getting better offense... To me the main problem of the team this season is defense. Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester don't play like a top pair. And goaltending without Elliot doesn't impress as well.

byfuglien

Mar 23, 2014
Europe
I know, but are there any top D-men avaible? Better then the ones we have? Watch the hawks, its not their offence that is superior, its their D core and Crawford LEADING to all that offence magic. When their forcheck is on notice that teams dont get a sniff in their sone, its almost impossible to set up play they are so smooth out of their own sone. Not even to mention their gapclosure. Keith-Seabrook and Hjalmarsson-Oduya is the heart of that team and has the balance we dont. They are awsome at pinching and holdning the line, understanding that the occasional breakaway arent going to kill them in the long run. We one the other hand backs of pressure every effing time and allow the rushes and teams to set up play in our sone.

A restructure of our D dosnt have to mean that much trading (and yes, we have LOTS of great attributes at the club allready) but it starts with a new headcoach. Yes i said it, i have 0 faith in Hitchcock. I might come across as very negative and overreacting, but is just the damn feeling of seeing us beeing close, but yet so far away that kills me. I know it isnt easy, but unlike 80% of the rest of the leauge we have many of the pieces allredy in place.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I really wouldnt mind us trading Oshie. Young american stud that we prob could get a good return form. Good player and fun to watch, but never going to be a consistent contributor and might be "hot" enough on the marked for us to reshape the top 6 a little. Throw in Berglund and promote Jaskin.

I feel we are a bit of a "pretender" team this year aswell. Deep team that has lots of potensial, but not really that "cutting edge" to win tight series against the likes of hawks or kings. We dont have that top D og goaltending that grinds it out when we're under siege and a wast majority of our top guns are very inconsistent. On our day we will beat anyone, so we defo are one the the top teams in the leauge, but it is thoose "close" days that kills you. Its not like its a lack of trying, we're just not quite good enough to win the SC imho.

Would rather bust trying than keep what we have and never win it.

We are playing an AHL defenseman in Butler on the 2nd pairing. We played our best hockey with all of our top 4 intact.

Oshie has 9 points in his last 8 games and is rounding into form. I am not sure you are going to find a better fit with the SOB line and I don't want to make a change to make a change. So is the top line of SOB. Losing Schwartz hurt on a number of levels - he is the best d forward on the STL line that isn't strong in the dzone.

I have slowly lost faith in Hitch also. He doesn't adapt well in a series.

It is an 82 game season, we aren't going to win them all. We are going to have great games like Tuesday and games like last night that we lose. The Penalties in the 3rd really hurt us with momentum. Giving up a goal right at the beginning of the period through us off and change the momentum we had taken back in the 2nd.

The funny thing is, we had scoring from all 3 lines last night. Strong PP play. And fans are wanting to add another forward. Last year at this time, lots of fans here were calling for Miller. That didn't work. Way too much grass is greener on the other side of the street.

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011
If Berglund - Stastny and Jaskin can continue to play like they played last night, I'm not in a hurry to make any trades. But for now, that is a considerable if.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Blues scored 8 goals in 2 games to one of the best NHL netminder, and people keep talking about getting better offense... To me the main problem of the team this season is defense. Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester don't play like a top pair. And goaltending without Elliot doesn't impress as well.
I think it may be time to split them up again, at least for awhile. I thought Shatty played well with JBo early in the year, and I think Petro could benefit from having someone a little more physical like Butler (or a lot more physical like Lindbohm) on his pairing. If last night's game taught us anything it is that 19-27 might be a little too soft a pairing, especially on the PK, against a big, physical team. This may be a case where the individual parts are greater than the sum rather than the other way around.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I think it may be time to split them up again, at least for awhile. I thought Shatty played well with JBo early in the year, and I think Petro could benefit from having someone a little more physical like Butler (or a lot more physical like Lindbohm) on his pairing. If last night's game taught us anything it is that 19-27 might be a little too soft a pairing, especially on the PK, against a big, physical team. This may be a case where the individual parts are greater than the sum rather than the other way around.

Pie is just not good this year in front of the net. I get the feeling that he just feints at shot block attempts, when in actuality he wants nothing to do with taking a shot in the shins/foot. Which is why shots conveniently miss his body by 2 feet.

Basically, this is Pie trying to make it "look" like he's attempting to block a shot
ChrisFarleyDance2.gif
lol

RR10*

The best for this team would be to trade Pietrangelo while he still have great value before other organisations find out he's not the player they think he is. We have Shattenkirk on a good contract and I don't think he's a worse defenseman.

I also think Bouwmeester is overpaid and not so good. He gets paid more than Seabrook which is a joke tbh.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Bouwmeester doesn't get paid more than Seabrook, his contract was also signed with a higher cap. There isn't a comparison, there is nothing wrong with the contract.

Pietrangelo has certainly had his struggles this season, but if you want to talk about trading him then you have to come up with a realistic replacement. Shattenkirk gets significantly easier minutes, changing that is going to impact on his performance and production.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Lurker from the Devils board, just wondering, Friedman said you guys would need cap relief for Oshie, do you think a deal could be made with NJ for prospects/picks maybe even a Jagr thrown in due to his contract being up in one year ?

I would absolutely love Oshie, but im not sure if we would have the assets necessary to acquire him sadly.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Lurker from the Devils board, just wondering, Friedman said you guys would need cap relief for Oshie, do you think a deal could be made with NJ for prospects/picks maybe even a Jagr thrown in due to his contract being up in one year ?

I would absolutely love Oshie, but im not sure if we would have the assets necessary to acquire him sadly.

The way I see it we have two options if we want to move Oshie:

A. During this season, move him plus other pieces to upgrade his spot on the wing.

2. After the season, move him for a younger/cheaper/worse winger plus futures.

I think a lot of us would love to see #68 in Blue though maybe for something around Paajarvi and a pick?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
The way I see it we have two options if we want to move Oshie:

A. During this season, move him plus other pieces to upgrade his spot on the wing.

2. After the season, move him for a younger/cheaper/worse winger plus futures.

I think a lot of us would love to see #68 in Blue though maybe for something around Paajarvi and a pick?

We definitely cant upgrade your winger spots :laugh: so that isnt happening.

Lou hates selling, but I would love Jags to go to St.Louis. Already cheering for you guys cause of Marty, so I would be really happy to see Jagr go there

Paajarvi + 2nd or so would probably get the job done. Not really sure of Jagr's value around the league, just a guess.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Bouwmeester doesn't get paid more than Seabrook, his contract was also signed with a higher cap. There isn't a comparison, there is nothing wrong with the contract.

Pietrangelo has certainly had his struggles this season, but if you want to talk about trading him then you have to come up with a realistic replacement. Shattenkirk gets significantly easier minutes, changing that is going to impact on his performance and production.

Out of pure curiosity, what would it take from the Sharks for Pietrangelo? Obviously no one on our end is untouchable but I'd like to hang on to Nieto, Wingels, Hertl, Sheppard, and Dillon.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

We have no cap worries for next season, those don't kick in until 2016. Friedman coming out and saying that a contending team have made a player available during the season because of cap issues that are 18 months away is nothing short of insane.

Oshie would only get moved for something that was deemed an upgrade this season.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
We have no cap worries for next season, those don't kick in until 2016. Friedman coming out and saying that a contending team have made a player available during the season because of cap issues that are 18 months away is nothing short of insane.

Oshie would only get moved for something that was deemed an upgrade this season.

Ahh, so its media making up a story essentially which is a non story for now. Didnt know that, just knew what he said.

Thanks

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Out of pure curiosity, what would it take from the Sharks for Pietrangelo? Obviously no one on our end is untouchable but I'd like to hang on to Nieto, Wingels, Hertl, Sheppard, and Dillon.

I don't think trading Pietrangelo now while he's in kind of a slump is the best option. While some around here thinks he is terrible, I think he's just got some kind of mental block that is messing him up. So I think it would still take a big time overpayment. Something like Vlasic+Couture for Petro+Oshie+something would be what I would want, but I can definitely see why the Sharks would not be so interested in that.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

I'm the last person to ask :laugh: I'm not interested in trading Pietrangelo because he isn't playing great in December.

It would need to be Couture+, and that doesn't make sense for either team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don't think trading Pietrangelo now while he's in kind of a slump is the best option. While some around here thinks he is terrible, I think he's just got some kind of mental block that is messing him up. So I think it would still take a big time overpayment. Something like Vlasic+Couture for Petro+Oshie+something would be what I would want, but I can definitely see why the Sharks would not be so interested in that.

I'm the last person to ask :laugh: I'm not interested in trading Pietrangelo because he isn't playing great in December.

It would need to be Couture+, and that doesn't make sense for either team.

I have zero problem with Couture+, personally. :laugh: But yeah losing Vlasic and Couture both would be a no-go.

Had to ask. I know you guys would never ever trade him but he's been a favorite of mine since forever and he'd be perfect for us.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sure....Pie wouldn't be getting pounded as much. But how would we go about acquiring him

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I would move him for Jbo straight up.

Johnson-Pietrangelo
Lindbhom-Shatty
Jackman-Cole (that is if we don't move him)

Lindbhom has shown me he's ready for the big time and we need more of a physical presence on D.

Butler came out of nowhere, but he's been a nice surprise as well. Equally as difficult to play against.

Then adjust for when Gunnar gets back and next season and beyond looks good.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Pie is just not good this year in front of the net. I get the feeling that he just feints at shot block attempts, when in actuality he wants nothing to do with taking a shot in the shins/foot. Which is why shots conveniently miss his body by 2 feet.

Basically, this is Pie trying to make it "look" like he's attempting to block a shot
ChrisFarleyDance2.gif
lol
Pietrangelo leads our team in blocked shots by a wide margin, with half again as many blocks as the next closest player.

:dunno:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would move him for Jbo straight up.

Johnson-Pietrangelo
Lindbhom-Shatty
Jackman-Cole (that is if we don't move him)

Lindbhom has shown me he's ready for the big time and we need more of a physical presence on D.

Butler came out of nowhere, but he's been a nice surprise as well. Equally as difficult to play against.

Then adjust for when Gunnar gets back and next season and beyond looks good.
Why would Columbus do that? Have to worry about that NTC too. I'd be interested honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia