Blues Trade Proposals Part XII

Turk Sanderson

Jun 14, 2014
Macoupin County, IL
Same style, but when I watched games of Tarasenko in the KHL, it was clear that Lehtera had NHL ability, but Enlund did not.

There's a poster on the STLtoday board who lives in Moscow and watches all of Sibr's games. He would disagree with your negative assessment of Enlund. He told me in a pm that Enlund could definitely play here. He doesn't claim that Enlund is as good as the other two, but he's good enough to free up Schwartz to play on another line, without killing Lehterasenko.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Could always put Steen back with Lehteräsenko and slide Schwartz up with nuts and Oshie.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There's a poster on the STLtoday board who lives in Moscow and watches all of Sibr's games. He would disagree with your negative assessment of Enlund. He told me in a pm that Enlund could definitely play here. He doesn't claim that Enlund is as good as the other two, but he's good enough to free up Schwartz to play on another line, without killing Lehterasenko.

Fair enough. I've seen him play, Alklha has, and we have some Russian posters on here as well that say similar things about how he wouldn't be successful here. I'll respect that poster and your opinion, but I'll trust what I saw and what others that I have experience discussion things with.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

People's opinions differ. I've seen him enough to be confident that he wouldn't cut it in the NHL, but I hope he proves me wrong if he ever gets a chance.

It is easy to overestimate how easy it is to move from the KHL. I would be very surprised if there were any KHL/Finland fans out there who would say that Enlund is a better player than Kontiola... and Kontiola couldn't even put up a point in the AHL after being given a $1.1m contract. So to say that Enlund could "definitely" play in the NHL is a pretty obvious exaggeration on his part.

Turk Sanderson

Jun 14, 2014
Macoupin County, IL
People's opinions differ. I've seen him enough to be confident that he wouldn't cut it in the NHL, but I hope he proves me wrong if he ever gets a chance.

It is easy to overestimate how easy it is to move from the KHL. I would be very surprised if there were any KHL/Finland fans out there who would say that Enlund is a better player than Kontiola... and Kontiola couldn't even put up a point in the AHL after being given a $1.1m contract. So to say that Enlund could "definitely" play in the NHL is a pretty obvious exaggeration on his part.

It's a unique situation with him, because he's played alongside Lehtera for several seasons now, and they have "chemistry". At this point we have nothing else. No other line is putting up anything, and the plug-and-play guys aren't fitting in either. In the mean time, Hitch will continue to shuffle guys around, trying to find "chemistry" Enlund just turned 27, and requires no compensation with Winnipeg. What's the downside to taking a look?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Well, but you can use as an example Komarov or Sekac instead. Especially the latter, who never was as good as Enlund in the KHL. But now Habs fans consider him as a 1st line material.

But I agree that Enlund isn't the right cure.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There's the KHL side. I'm not an expert on his contract situation, but we'd have to wait until his season is over and that's if he has an out clause, buys his contract out, or if his contract is expiring.

Turk Sanderson

Jun 14, 2014
Macoupin County, IL
There's the KHL side. I'm not an expert on his contract situation, but we'd have to wait until his season is over and that's if he has an out clause, buys his contract out, or if his contract is expiring.

His contract is up this year. Sibr is in sixth place in their division, I'd think that they would welcome him buying himself out.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
His contract is up this year. Sibr is in sixth place in their division, I'd think that they would welcome him buying himself out.

^PLOT TWIST!

If Enlund can be had for Lindstrom's money, we need to dump Paajarvi and give him a shot. Who knows? But worse case scenario is we bring up Jaskin and send down Enlund by the end of the season and then look to make a trade/explore Rattie.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Well, but you can use as an example Komarov or Sekac instead. Especially the latter, who never was as good as Enlund in the KHL. But now Habs fans consider him as a 1st line material.

But I agree that Enlund isn't the right cure.

Of course there are other, but the 2 you mention have other things going for them. Komarov has always looked an NHL player, I argued the Blues should have went after him in the summer because he would be Sobotka 2.0. Sekáč never had the production of Enlund in the KHL, but he was still only developing at 21. Enlund can make some adjustments to his game at this point, but he is largely the player he is going to be.

I'm pretty sure that you can only buy yourself out of your KHL contract during a set timeframe after a season, you can't do it mid-season without the clubs agreement.

Sibir might be in 6th, but they are obviously going to the playoffs and will be aiming for 4th place in the Conference, which is very achievable. Sibir beat Kazan in the first round last season, they were unlucky against Avangard the year before... they will be confident they can do something in the playoffs.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Could always put Steen back with Lehteräsenko and slide Schwartz up with nuts and Oshie.

The STL line is a night and day difference when it's Steen instead of Schwartz, they're just not near as effective. And the last time we made that move Schwartz's offense did carry over very well on the line he was plugged into.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The STL line is a night and day difference when it's Steen instead of Schwartz, they're just not near as effective. And the last time we made that move Schwartz's offense did carry over very well on the line he was plugged into.

It's not a night and day difference, that would imply the line is completely awful when Steen is on there. He fits in just fine on that line, both he and Schwartz play similar roles.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
As "loaded" as our roster is....we are limited with moves.

Honestly put the SOB line back together and keep the STL line together. Stastny can just be sol, he hasn't done himself any favors. He's suppose to drive the offense on his line and he hasn't been good lately.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm sure it would, but there's no way I'd do that. Holy hell. Getting Kessel would be nice but then we really have to bank on Jaskin and Rattie replacing Berglund and Lindstrom because there's no Barbashev and Fabbri to take over. And now looking at Backes, those two are a big part of our future. Plus then we'd likely have no way of getting back into the 1st round at the draft, etc, and our prospect pool would be back to being poor. I just think that move sets us back. Wait until the offseason if we feel we need to make a shakeup like that.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It's not a night and day difference, that would imply the line is completely awful when Steen is on there. He fits in just fine on that line, both he and Schwartz play similar roles.

I disagree, the offensive output of the STL line with Steen in Schwartz's place was quite a bit lower from what I can recollect. It was a noticeable difference when Schwartz was added back to it.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Back to Kessel Discussion for a second...

Something like Steen + pick 2 of Rattie/Barbashev/Fabbri + 2nd or 3rd get it done?

Obviously depends how highly they rate the prospects, but that could certainly be in the ballpark. But, I agree with Meatwagon, both Fabbri and Barbashev are off the table for me. I'd move both Rattie and Jaškin ahead of them.

I disagree, the offensive output of the STL line with Steen in Schwartz's place was quite a bit lower from what I can recollect. It was a noticeable difference when Schwartz was added back to it.

Steen on that line is just too small a sample size to focus on. If the other lines are still struggling in 4 or 5 games then we are really going to have to start searching for something, and moving Schwartz to try and find a spark is the most obvious way. As much as I'd rather avoid messing with that line.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Toronto would have to like Oshie+Berglund+Jaskin/Rattie+Vannelli/defensive prospect+pick(s). We still aren't deep enough at center/forward to move Fabbri or Barbashev, especially when there's a decent chance that Fabbri will end up staying on the wing in the NHL. Maybe we don't have to go that far.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think that package would be beaten. I wouldn't see it happening without wanting 1 of the kids plus our new shiny toys in Barbie and Fabbri. I mean it's Kessel....he's a sure thing.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We'd get beat by anyone that is offering someone in the age range of 20-24 that is in the NHL and has potential. His value will be roughly similar to Carter's when he went to Columbus, but would be a little bit more. Only way we can get Kessel cheaper is if he forces his way to a smaller market contender with his NMC.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We'd get beat by anyone that is offering someone in the age range of 20-24 that is in the NHL and has potential. His value will be roughly similar to Carter's when he went to Columbus, but would be a little bit more. Only way we can get Kessel cheaper is if he forces his way to a smaller market contender with his NMC.

Basically like Spezza did and I could see that. But would Toronto let him back them in a corner like that? It would suck bad to lose both Berglund and Oshie......but adding Kessels game breaking speed and shot would be nice. I'm sure he'd like Stl....perennial failures and 90% of the city doesn't care.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Doesn't matter of Toronto lets him, he could say I only want to go to 1 team and their choice would be to keep him or move him. It's probably unlikely that he gets moved anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad