Blues Trade Proposals Part XII

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 16m
Sens GM Bryan Murray says he had a deal that made sense potentially with Nashville for Spezza but Spezza wouldn't waive to go there

Another Spezza suitor bites the dust.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Quite obvious Spezza wants to come to STL but we aren't willing to pay Murray's price. Kinda feels like the Iginla negotiations.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Chances are Ottawa holds on to him or deals him to Phoenix now. I think we are out.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Chances are Ottawa holds on to him or deals him to Phoenix now. I think we are out.

And he can veto that trade as well as soon as July 1st, right? :laugh:

I'm going to end up with my first infraction if I keep going against TMI in the main thread. :help:

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Why would we be out? If Spezza wants to end up in STL, he will end up in STL until we officially say we are out. If he isn't willing to go to Nashville I'm not sure why he would be willing to waive for the Yotes.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I want Spezza even more now, would be funny if he walks as a free agent though and comes here.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Yeah now that we don't have a pick to trade away this year and stocked up on prospects I really want Spezza now.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Still think Stastny is Plan A. I truly think Rattie is the hold up. A guy that scores 31 goals as an undersized rookie in the AHL carries considerable value in trade and to the team in the future. I don't think Army wants to give him up.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I want Spezza even more now, would be funny if he walks as a free agent though and comes here.

Exactly...Sens fans always had the false conception in their minds that they held the power. WRONG! A player is only worth what a team is willing to give to get them, and when that player has say on what teams can acquire him...Well, good luck playing hardball.

I liken it to knowing your opponent has pocket aces. Sure, they have better cards than you, but if they don't make a strong play on them early, they can easily be busted out on the flop, turn, or river. You may only take a small pot, but at least you know that you did get something back on that hand.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I tried to explain to some of them how negotiating works. Some of the fans got the message but a lot of them did not.

It may be because of my experiences, but it really didn't seem all that difficult a concept to grasp. Perhaps fandom blinds them. Perhaps not.

Also, someone give Easton a sweatband. The man has had to do more work in here in one day than I think we've made him do in about 2 months.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The bromance support group between nsh and ott fans is too much lol. Awesome that Spezza still said no.

I've become tired of how anything short of Schwartz is trash. Could have been a solid top 9 in Berglund and 2 promising prospects in rattie and Fabbri. But of course, now Fabbri is a meh prospect that he's Note property.

I don't see how we could acquire spezza now. Once Stastny is gone, that's it for top centers and spezza's value will go back up. Dallas is the only option I see, I've heard NYR but never seen an offer. ARI shows no interest in a 1/2c. And I doubt Chicago will burn futures for him knowing they won't afford his next contract

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Still think Stastny is Plan A. I truly think Rattie is the hold up. A guy that scores 31 goals as an undersized rookie in the AHL carries considerable value in trade and to the team in the future. I don't think Army wants to give him up.

While I agree that he doesn't want to trade Rattie, there have been reports from scouts that Murray keeps trying to bring up Schwartz and DA has none of it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That proposed trade of Berglund, 21, and Rattie for Spezza looks awful for the Blues now that Fabbri fell to 21. Thrilled we didn't do that.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
I want absolutely nothing to do with Spezza in a Blues uniform, so I hope someone else steps up to the plate on him real damn soon so this drama can end.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
While I agree that he doesn't want to trade Rattie, there have been reports from scouts that Murray keeps trying to bring up Schwartz and DA has none of it.

Well, he can keep dreaming.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That proposed trade of Berglund, 21, and Rattie for Spezza looks awful for the Blues now that Fabbri fell to 21. Thrilled we didn't do that.
Nah dude, all three of those players are lucky to even become 13th forwards in the NHL. It's a terrible package, Spezza is the 3rd best player in the NHL behind Crosby and Malkin. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad