Blues Trade Proposals Part XII

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Have you watched Enlund play this year? I haven't. I don't say he can be NHLer and I have never think anything like that, but maybe I should watch some Sibir games. I think he will play rest of his career in the KHL. I think there is zero chance he would come to the NA. But yeah, I watch him play in the next game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Kessel also thrives off the give and go. On paper he would be perfect for Stastny

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Done deal?

I'd take Phil over Oshie, but we wouldn't like the cost.

irtBAXyjeapkW_zps5d9e507d.gif

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
So I wasn't gonna post anything until after the 4th game on the road, but I really don't see tomorrows game changing my mindset on how the team is playing.

Just gonna come right out and say what I believe...
- Steen is without a doubt our best player. [Currently]

The STL line is our best LINE, but no other guy on the team goes out there and gives it their all each and every shift. Steen plays with a hatred, you can see it in every hook, slash and check he gives.
He is in the face of every team, and is bringing an intensity to every shift.
- I want him back on a line with Backes.
Backes is not 100% We all can see that. But even a Backes at 80% alongside Steen is what this team needs.

- I want secondary scoring. I am tired of trying to find the right spot for Berglund/Paarjarvi/Jaskin and Lindstrom beside the likes of Steen/Backes and Stastny/Oshie.

- I want a 4th line that RESPONDS to garbage that happens to our best players, I love Reaves, can live with Lapierre as he is good on the PK, and in the FO circle. I don't like Ott at all.

I think there are at LEAST 5 teams that could offer us something in the form of a package trade that could fill holes I think we have, but it would take a bold trade to do it.

Here are my projected lines should bold trade scenario #1 ever come to happen.

Steen-Backes-Simmonds
STL
B. Schenn- Stastny-Oshie
xxx-Lapierre-Reaves

J-Bo-Shattenkirk
Gunner-L.Schenn
Jackman-Cole

I am sure at this point you are either scoffing or going hmmmmm...
If you are unsure about B. Schenn, read up about him. Flyers fans are high on his work effort, and he has pretty good hands. I think he would fit nicely beside Osh and Stas.
Not much has to be said about the first 2 lines...
Luke Scheen would be a 2nd RHD , and yes I know a pretty big request for him to jump to the 3-4 dman responsibility, but with 3 lines that can score AND play a 2-way game, I think it would work.

Would Philly do Brothers Schenn and Simmonds for Pietrangelo + ?
[Maybe we add something like Paarjarvi-Rattie]
They definitely could use the Cap space, and we can surely give Berglund away to another team to match what we would be paying for these 3 contracts.

Anyways, in my mind not such a huge stretch as Philly is in tough, they have a lot of holes that need filling.

Thanks for reading, and again don't get stressed out if you think this is a dumb T/O, tell me why. I love talking hockey. :yo:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
That trade makes the Blues a worse team.

We lack elite offensive talent, and we have built a defensive team with forward depth to compensate for that. It's the only way to be able to contend without elite forwards. You don't trade away the foundation of your defense for more forward depth and a #5D.

My opinion is that thoughts of trading Pietrangelo are insane. But, if you want to explore that scenario, then we sure as hell better be getting elite player back. I mean, if you were talking about Pietrangelo & Berglund for Hall++ and a way to get Myers on the relative cheap... I could see the rational behind that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What Alklha said. Trading Petro isn't going to happen would would be incredibly dumb IMO, but at least get an elite forward and a 2nd pairing dman in a deal or 2.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hehe, Enlund scored another two (he's 5+5 in the last 9 games now). There will be even more people now thinking Blues should get him...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad