Blues Trade Proposals - Part VII

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I could see one of Miller, Halak, or Hiller being one of the goalies with Allen next season.

We could potentially grab Dubnyk like we didn't with Elliott. I think he is still a good goalie stuck behind that junior team in Edmonton.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I could see one of Miller, Halak, or Hiller being one of the goalies with Allen next season.

We could potentially grab Dubnyk like we didn't with Elliott. I think he is still a good goalie stuck behind that junior team in Edmonton.

I agree on Dubnyk, but I'd rather have him as a cheap back-up with upside (like Elliott was). I don't think it would be wise to go with him as the starter.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In my scenario, he'd be #3 and would have to prove that he can be a good NHL goalie in camp. No way in hell would I have him as a 1 or 2 option to start camp. He might get a chance somewhere else, but with the season he's having, I doubt it.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006

I think next year will go something close to this. I'd like to see a solid veteran that can give you some really solid starts while serving as a mentor to Allen.

The Blues can save a lot of money at the goaltending position next year while potentially not losing anything in performance and use the saved cash to invest in a center.

I think the biggest item Alklha and I disagree on is how high the blues view Allen internally in the short run.

Regardless, I think this has been exhausted. We'll see how it plays out.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I think the Blues think that Allen will be a future starter, and is their future starter. They traded away the other candidates and Binnington and Lundstrom are still years away form making an NHL impact.

Though I think Dubnyk is a good goalie and will rebound from being on an abysmal Oilers team, I just don't see the team putting most of the games on the shoulders of Allen. I just can't imagine a goalie like him, so young and inexperienced taking this team to the cup next year.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Feel like I'm being Punk'd. I think Dubnyk is literally the worst goalie in the NHL. I would literally rather roll Allen/Binnington as a combo than have that stiff anywhere near the team. Without hesitation I think he is the easiest goalie to light up. Feels like the Blues blow his awful self out every time they play.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Feel like I'm being Punk'd. I think Dubnyk is literally the worst goalie in the NHL. I would literally rather roll Allen/Binnington as a combo than have that stiff anywhere near the team. Without hesitation I think he is the easiest goalie to light up. Feels like the Blues blow his awful self out every time they play.

Yeah I was hoping I wasn't alone in thinking this :laugh:

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box

I think your spot on. I think he would struggle to stop a beach ball. Not that thrilled with any goalie candidate being talked about either.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Glad I'm not the only one. Dubnyk/Allen tandem would be horrendous. The Blues play great defense, and we'd still make the playoffs, but not a chance in hell that team makes a serious run.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
This may sound slightly hypocritical based on my comments on Halak previously but if Halak is NOT the guy, go get someone who will be the guy, not another tandem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad