Blues Trade Proposals Part Too Many to Count II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Shatty and Rattie ---> NYI

for

Barzal/Dal Colle/Strome/Picks.... some combination of these assets.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
PART I

My current take on options for Shatty that I see as semi-realistic possibilities. Not that I want these to happen, just that I see these as potential values depending on salary cap, team needs, and targeted types of trades.

Detroit
They are looking for D. There is no question about it. The question is what they are willing to give up. They are also very tight against the cap. Basically we need to have a neutral or less salary trade with them for anything to happen.

Shattenkirk ($4.25M @1 Yr) for Gustav Nyquist ($4.75M, 3 Yrs with a NTC starting next year.)
Gustav can play all three forward positions and should put up similar points to Shatty. We could use a C/RWer, so it could make some sense. I would still like to see a plus added from DET. Is that a second rounder and a 3rd this year?

Shattenkirk ($4.25M and Jaskin ($1M) for Anthony Mantha ($.86M ECL), Thomas Tartar ($2.75M, 1Yr, RFA) and Brenden Smith ($2.75M, 1 Yr, UFA)
Smith is in there to balance salary. He walks after the year. Tartar give us a decent scorer that points about as much as Shattenkirk. Not a big fan of him, but the real get is Mantha. Mantha is probably a RWer moving forward, but maybe there is hope he can become a C. I don't think the Wings will like loosing Mantha, but Jaskin has size they are missing and Shattenkirk fills a big need.

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Holland is knowed for big trades. :laugh:

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Detroit_Red_Wings/1

I guess Robert Lang and Domink Haske trades were big ones? Hmm, 12-years ago Holland has trade some kind of significant. So why not? Shoot my I forget Datsyuk trade.

He also used to run a Cup favorite for over a decade and had a steady stable of elite prospects coming up through the ranks. That isn't the case anymore.

He targeted Jay Bo at the same time as us. He traded a decent haul for Legwand and gave a first for Kyle Quincey. Kyle lol Quincey.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Do you guys think there is any real chance to get any of those trades done? DA strikes me as the type of guy that prides himself in "weathering the storm" and not making knee jerk or desperate moves. I especially think he probably looks at the Miller trade as solid proof that mid season trades don't pay off. He seems like he tries to get everything done in the offseason and then leave the coach to work with what he has. Probably makes him feel safe that he won't be booted for making a bad midseason acquisition that goes bust.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
PART II

New Jersey
Their D looks rough. The right side isn't terrible like the left, but they really don't have any standout players. Trading Larsson for Hall was a wise move, but left a bigger hole in their defense. They also have a on of cap space. I am less optimistic about their desire to make a move in comparison to DET, NYC and BOS.

Shattenkirk for Michael Mcleod (ECL), 2nd and Kyle Quincey ($1.25M, 1yr, UFA).
Quincey would just be a trow away. He could serve as another depth D man and I am pretty positive NJ would like t get rid of him. Mcleod is the get. He has great speed and some pretty strong playmaking. I am however, a bit concerned about his shot and concerned about how valuable his speed will be in the NHL. It seems like he generates most oh his scoring on odd man rushes. That won't happen as much in the NHL.

I don't really see anything else from them that makes sense and that they would be willing to send our way.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Fleury is not a good goalie. He is way overhyped and over paid. And why Schultz?

Fleury is better than either goalie on our roster, and Schultz is in there to balance the deal and give us a 3rd pairing RD. Just frustrated ATM.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Other than the obvious move of trading Shatty, I would like to stand pat until we change coaches. DA will do more harm than good with a trade at this point and nothing makes me believe Army can find a player who is going to miraculously make Hitch be able to coach a faster style.

Put another way, a trade will probably make little difference with Hitch at the reins and we will probably lose the trade in the value category.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Something needs to be done because we're not going to make the playoffs at this pace and we're certainly not going to make it out of the first round. We're barely keeping our heads above water and eventually we're just going to drown. It would be nice to actually get a return for a free agent than what Armstrong usually does.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I am asking the following questions because I am not very good at coming up with possible trades.

What is Steen's trade value? In other words, what would the Blues get back for him? I understand this is a function of each trade partner's roster and cap availability.

Steen has four years left on his contract after this season at 5.75 per ending as an UFA.

Thoughts?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I am asking the following questions because I am not very good at coming up with possible trades.

What is Steen's trade value? In other words, what would the Blues get back for him? I understand this is a function of each trade partner's roster and cap availability.

Steen has four years left on his contract after this season at 5.75 per ending as an UFA.

Thoughts?

He has a full NTC until his last year, so unless he gets fed up with the team or the team makes him feel poorly, I think our opportunities are severely limited.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It sucks because Shattenkirk is one of the few on this team that actually produces offensively on a fairly consistent basis. Especially right now.

But we really have no choice but to trade him.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Shattenkirk is currently our worst dmen at d-zone. Okey maybe he's better then Lindbohm or Edmundson, but not better then Gunnar and no need to speak about Parayko, Jbo, Pietro.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Shattenkirk is currently our worst dmen at d-zone. Okey maybe he's better then Lindbohm or Edmundson, but not better then Gunnar and no need to speak about Parayko, Jbo, Pietro.

He is still one of our top leaders in point production. He is projecting upward of 50 points on a team that is failing to score.

I agree that he has not been good defensively, but we can't forget the things he does well. It will impact our team when we loose him or trade him.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He is still one of our top leaders in point production. He is projecting upward of 50 points on a team that is failing to score.

I agree that he has not been good defensively, but we can't forget the things he does well. It will impact our team when we loose him or trade him.

Hey, could you check out what are his 5on5 stats vs. PP stats as point wise? Some memory has that Shattery was very productive last year at PP icetime compare to 5on5.

stlblues5

Apr 27, 2016
St Louis
Here's how I see the lines if the Shatty/Gallagher pulls through (probably the most likely scenario with Montreal)
Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Lehtera-Gallagher/Steen
Perron-Berglund-Gallagher/Steen
Brodziak-Upshall-Yakupov

Yakupov's contract expires after this year, and if we plan on re-signing him we'd have to dish Jaskin or Brodziak. Also, if we trade Shatty, a Parayko re-sign is vital.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Here's how I see the lines if the Shatty/Gallagher pulls through (probably the most likely scenario with Montreal)
Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Lehtera-Gallagher/Steen
Perron-Berglund-Gallagher/Steen
Brodziak-Upshall-Yakupov

Yakupov's contract expires after this year, and if we plan on re-signing him we'd have to dish Jaskin or Brodziak. Also, if we trade Shatty, a Parayko re-sign is vital.

Shattenkirk/Gallagher.....what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot