Blues Trade Proposals Part Too Many to Count II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Here's how I see the lines if the Shatty/Gallagher pulls through (probably the most likely scenario with Montreal)
Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Lehtera-Gallagher/Steen
Perron-Berglund-Gallagher/Steen
Brodziak-Upshall-Yakupov

Yakupov's contract expires after this year, and if we plan on re-signing him we'd have to dish Jaskin or Brodziak. Also, if we trade Shatty, a Parayko re-sign is vital.

Remind me why Montreal would trade Gallagher for a UFA-to-be Shattenkirk?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Don't have the cap space for it, can't see Montreal retaining.

Say we toss in Jaskin or run a team without 3 scratches on it or Montreal balances enough to make cap work. There's ways to make the minimal amount needed to make it cap compliant.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
There are no words to describe how much I despise the Lehtera contract.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah even with our lack of center depth, we need to do anything we can to lose Lehtera. We can sign other players or make a trade if we really need a 35-point centerman. But he's gotta go, somehow. If he's protected in the draft, I'll really have no faith left in Armstrong.

People were getting on Jaskin for having 3 points the other day when Lehtera has the exact same amount, lol. And he plays higher up. Just not good.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Yeah even with our lack of center depth, we need to do anything we can to lose Lehtera. We can sign other players or make a trade if we really need a 35-point centerman. But he's gotta go, somehow. If he's protected in the draft, I'll really have no faith left in Armstrong.

People were getting on Jaskin for having 3 points the other day when Lehtera has the exact same amount, lol. And he plays higher up. Just not good.

He has basically been living off the first half of that first season when the STL line was the best line in the NHL. Unfortunately teams figured out how to defend the drop pass and that was the end of that. :shakehead

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Is there any way we can work a deal for Zibanejad or Stepan for Shatty? I recall hearing something about Army would let Shatty work on am extension deal with a team he trades to, so maybe Rangers would lose a C for an extended Shattenkirk?

Just throwing ideas around. They may have NTC's, idk for certain.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Is there any way we can work a deal for Zibanejad or Stepan for Shatty? I recall hearing something about Army would let Shatty work on am extension deal with a team he trades to, so maybe Rangers would lose a C for an extended Shattenkirk?

No, New York isnt going to trade their 1/2C for a guy they feel they can get as a UFA

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Meh, why do that when they could just sign him over the summer and give up nobody.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Really the only thing I could think of is Shatty lights up the points and NYR begins struggling and need him asap? Huge stretch, but it's all I got lol.

Shatty is putting up good numbers, hell he's putting up better offensive numbers than our forwards. He will be a good chip at the TDL, but the question is, will DA deal him. I don't know at this point.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Shatty is putting up good numbers, hell he's putting up better offensive numbers than our forwards. He will be a good chip at the TDL, but the question is, will DA deal him. I don't know at this point.

We should just turn him into our #1C and we would have no issues. He's had a really good start to the season so far. If DA won't deal him, I'd hope he can keep it up and give a real shot at a cup run

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We should just turn him into our #1C and we would have no issues. He's had a really good start to the season so far. If DA won't deal him, I'd hope he can keep it up and give a real shot at a cup run

So you think this might be 'The Year'?

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
So you think this might be 'The Year'?

I thought 2012 was going to be 'The Year' too if that matters much lol. I think if they can figure themselves out and clean up their execution we can look a lot better than last year by April-June

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Shattenkirk + Lehtera to NJ for Zacha + Quennville + 2017 2nd (Shattenkirk agrees to an extension with NJ)

Berglund + Schmaltz + rights to Sobotka for RNH

Gunnarsson + Rattie + Barbashev for Fowler

Fabbri RNH Tarasenko
Schwartz Stastny Yakupov
Steen Zacha Perron
Upshall Brodziak Reaves

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo
Fowler Parayko
Lindbohm/Ed Bortuzzo

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Shattenkirk + Lehtera to NJ for Zacha + Quennville + 2017 2nd (Shattenkirk agrees to an extension with NJ)

Fabbri RNH Tarasenko
Schwartz Stastny Yakupov
Steen Zacha Perron
Upshall Brodziak Reaves

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo
Fowler Parayko
Lindbohm/Ed Bortuzzo

Great post the value wise you finally cracked it.

Post this in the main board.

Make Blues Great again. :bb:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Fabbri RNH Tarasenko
Schwartz Stastny Yakupov
Steen Zacha Perron
Upshall Brodziak Reaves

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo
Fowler Parayko
Lindbohm/Ed Bortuzzo

Take away everything else coming to us with New Jersey and they still don't do it.

Could probably get Edmonton to consider the second one.

Third one seems odd to me. There are very little prospective players up front in the pipeline, so i'm hesitant to trade of Barbashev, but while there's no chance of losing Gunnersson in the draft, there's a very real chance of losing Bouwmeester/Fowler if not protected. I'd rather not lose one of them for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad