Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Another caveat to the Hoffman situation is that he cant simply dump his fiancee. Under common law, They are together. He's screwed either way financially. I want an Oshie level return on Hoffman....

Not necessarily. Spousal support in common-law marriages is rare in Ontario, nor is their communal property in Ontario. They only divide the assets both had a hand in paying for an maintaining.

4 myths about common-law relationships | CBC News

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Goalies are too up and and down imo to move on, especially without a legit replacement. As I'm looking at the options, there isnt one

1: I don't disagree that goalies can be up and down.
2: I can't agree that we should keep Allen because of that.

Allen has been way too inconsistent considering the defense in front of him is top 3-5 in the league and has made Brian Elliott and Carter Hutton look like savior #1's.

We know what Allen is capable of. We saw it vs. Minnesota for one week. We also know that he isn't going to consistently play at that level. We've seen that for 5 years.

I'd much rather see what a guy like Robin Lehner could do behind a top tier defense. Something he has never had. His numbers are very impressive considering he has only played on horribly built teams with no defense.

Is Lehner a true option for the Blues? Don't know. I would just rather see what he could do behind the Blues defense than hope and pray Allen can keep his head on straight 82 games plus the playoffs.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We've in our system goaltender who fits perfectly in our defensive system. Question is can he reach his potential and will our coaches give that kiddo change to play NHL level next season? Tho he would have deserved to get 1-2 game last season, but...

Maybe in future Allen is good goaltender behind Husso. Give Allen 10-15 games where he won't be too shakey. :sueme:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
1: I don't disagree that goalies can be up and down.
2: I can't agree that we should keep Allen because of that.

Allen has been way too inconsistent considering the defense in front of him is top 3-5 in the league and has made Brian Elliott and Carter Hutton look like savior #1's.

We know what Allen is capable of. We saw it vs. Minnesota for one week. We also know that he isn't going to consistently play at that level. We've seen that for 5 years.

I'd much rather see what a guy like Robin Lehner could do behind a top tier defense. Something he has never had. His numbers are very impressive considering he has only played on horribly built teams with no defense.

Is Lehner a true option for the Blues? Don't know. I would just rather see what he could do behind the Blues defense than hope and pray Allen can keep his head on straight 82 games plus the playoffs.
To me, from what I've seen with Lehner, I'd give him a hard pass still.

The guy just let's in savable goals.... I guess it depends on what the Blues ultimately want to do. I'm not comfortable with either guy going to next season.

I'm not into the numbers on Lehner but we've seen a goalie come out of Buffalo and fail in St. Louis. Sometimes getting peppered all night makes you look better then you are

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We've in our system goaltender who fits perfectly in our defensive system. Question is can he reach his potential and will our coaches give that kiddo change to play NHL level next season? Tho he would have deserved to get 1-2 game last season, but...

I think its a little early to bring Fitzpatrick up to the NHL level.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I will stay firmly in the camp of subtraction from core is not the path forward. There isnt a positive in swapping Berglund for Bogosian. He's not negative value. Bogosian is injury prone as hell. If ROR costs Parayko, DA has failed.

You might not view Berglund as a minus but his performance was so bad last year it cost him a trip to the press box. Again these are all ifs but if DA targets ROR what do you expect him to give up that you don't conclude as a fail? If it's not someone like Parayko my guess is it would take a lot of futures & picks etc..
I wouldn't move CP55 for ROR. But if the package also included Reinhart and a swap of goalies, I'd have to think a lot harder about it. Our visiting fan from Buffalo didn't completely dismiss the hypothetical trade proposal either but suggested some tweaks.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wouldn't move CP55 for ROR. But if the package also included Reinhart and a swap of goalies, I'd have to think a lot harder about it. Our visiting fan from Buffalo didn't completely dismiss the hypothetical trade proposal either but suggested some tweaks.
I'll dismiss it lol. Parayko is just a no go for me.

I haven't seen anything concrete but from what I've heard talking heads say, ROR wouldn't be an absurd cost.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Reports from Ottawa saying the Blues are still one of the most aggressive teams in pursuit of Hoffman. I know it’s Garrioch but he does have some Senators sources.
Is that just from the video that he put out? He said that he spoke to an assistant GM of some NHL team and they told him that the Blues (along with a few others) were aggressive in the market for scoring. He then wanted to link that back to Hoffman as though there aren't any other considerations to take into account.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Doubt we’ll get Taveras and I doubt we are interested in Stastny. What does that leave us? Status Quo or big move? I’m leaning towards the latter.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Doubt we’ll get Taveras and I doubt we are interested in Stastny. What does that leave us? Status Quo or big move? I’m leaning towards the latter.

I wouldn't say they aren't interested in Stastny, but I'd worry that Winnipeg is going to re-sign him. I think a big trade is going to be what happens. I could see a couple players heading to the Blues via trade, or even in one trade. If Ottawa really goes into a rebuild mode this off-season, do the Blues have enough to trade for Duchene and Stone?

I don't know how ridiculous the price would be but what if the Blues offered Parayko, Thompson, Sobotka, and this year's first round pick for Duchene and Stone? Would you all do that? I know Ottawa probably wants to trade Hoffman instead, but would they take that? Is that an over payment from the Blues? I don't like trading Parayko, but if you can get Duchene and Stone for essentially him, Thompson, and a pick, that's good value to me. I don't know if it would be enough, but it seems like it's close. They get a defenseman for when Karlsson leaves. They get a future C/RW for Brown, a 3C they can flip for more picks/young players, and a first round pick.

It's Friday and I'm bored at work.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
The -Dispatch Blues chat w/Gordon just ended. He said a great deal more than I thought about trades and prices:

1. Tavares is unlikely (duh)

2. Hutton will test FA and we aren't matching his price (also in a post article this morning)

3. Hoffman would cost a 2nd-round pick and middling player (sobotka?)

4. He mentioned Bouw coming back as a top 4 repeatedly. sigh...

5. Lehner/Allen swap is a feasible aspect of an O'Reilly deal, but he isn't high on Lehner

6. He lists Bernier, Khoudoubin and Elliott as backup options if/when Hutton splits in FA

7. Johnson would probably cost a 1st, a good prospect and a depth winger (he assented when Jaskin was used as an example)

8. He sees Dunn as being part of the O'Reilly return.

9. Edmonton would want Parayko for Draisaitl. oh boy.

10. I asked about bouw and Gunny being trade chips. his response: "Bouwmeester will not be a No. 7 defenseman. And if Gunnarsson falls into that role, the Blues will move him for a draft pick once the injuries hit other teams. Armstrong has expressed confidence they will start the season, but, again, that is months away."

11. Then I asked him about off-the-reservation players. his response: "Brassard would be a nice target, but Pittsburgh softened its cap hit there with some maneuvering. I know Boston might want to offload the onerous David Backes contract, but I'm not sure the Note is up for a reunion at those prices."

lots to unpack there.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I wouldn't say they aren't interested in Stastny, but I'd worry that Winnipeg is going to re-sign him. I think a big trade is going to be what happens. I could see a couple players heading to the Blues via trade, or even in one trade. If Ottawa really goes into a rebuild mode this off-season, do the Blues have enough to trade for Duchene and Stone?

I don't know how ridiculous the price would be but what if the Blues offered Parayko, Thompson, Sobotka, and this year's first round pick for Duchene and Stone? Would you all do that? I know Ottawa probably wants to trade Hoffman instead, but would they take that? Is that an over payment from the Blues? I don't like trading Parayko, but if you can get Duchene and Stone for essentially him, Thompson, and a pick, that's good value to me. I don't know if it would be enough, but it seems like it's close. They get a defenseman for when Karlsson leaves. They get a future C/RW for Brown, a 3C they can flip for more picks/young players, and a first round pick.

The only way I see Parayko being dealt, is if another RD is coming back. Or, it necessitates another trade, spending yet more assets/roster players. I agree the value is there, but you essentially fill one big hole and open another. I respectfully pass.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
The -Dispatch Blues chat w/Gordon just ended. He said a great deal more than I thought about trades and prices:

2. Hutton will test FA and we aren't matching his price (also in a post article this morning)

3. Hoffman would cost a 2nd-round pick and middling player (sobotka?) No...Doug...just no. Don't do it. I don't care if he's innocent or not, that's a whole lot of drama.

4. He mentioned Bouw coming back as a top 4 repeatedly. sigh... I don't see it, unless he's 100% healthy and skating like the 2015/2016 Bouwmeester.

5. Lehner/Allen swap is a feasible aspect of an O'Reilly deal, but he isn't high on Lehner

6. He lists Bernier, Khoudoubin and Elliott as backup options if/when Hutton splits in FA I would do Khoudobin, but not the other two.

7. Johnson would probably cost a 1st, a good prospect and a depth winger (he assented when Jaskin was used as an example) Do you mean he dissented with Jaskin? If Jaskin is needed to get TJ, bye bye Jaskin

8. He sees Dunn as being part of the O'Reilly return. I think he's getting that from the hypothetical put out there from Sportsnet I believe it was. I can't see the Blues parting with Dunn since 19 and 4 are an uncertainty.

10. I asked about bouw and Gunny being trade chips. his response: "Bouwmeester will not be a No. 7 defenseman. And if Gunnarsson falls into that role, the Blues will move him for a draft pick once the injuries hit other teams. Armstrong has expressed confidence they will start the season, but, again, that is months away." Bouw won't start as the #7. I would bet he's the #5/6 until he can prove he's healthy.

11. Then I asked him about off-the-reservation players. his response: "Brassard would be a nice target, but Pittsburgh softened its cap hit there with some maneuvering. I know Boston might want to offload the onerous David Backes contract, but I'm not sure the Note is up for a reunion at those prices." Brassard isn't a top 6 C any more and no thanks on Backes' contract. If Boston retains a shitload of that contract or takes like Steen or Berglund, then maybe.

lots to unpack there.

There are things I respect about Gordon and then there are things I don't. I don't respect his hockey acumen. He is the best guy they have left there for hockey, but he's not tied in as deeply as Korac, JR, or any of the hockey insiders across the league.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
There are things I respect about Gordon and then there are things I don't. I don't respect his hockey acumen. He is the best guy they have left there for hockey, but he's not tied in as deeply as Korac, JR, or any of the hockey insiders across the league.

The poster suggested a 1st, barbashev and jaskin. Gordon agreed with Jaskin but suggested a better prospect.

Reactions: wannabebluesplayer

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
The only way I see Parayko being dealt, is if another RD is coming back. Or, it necessitates another trade, spending yet more assets/roster players. I agree the value is there, but you essentially fill one big hole and open another. I respectfully pass.

I think it depends on how things shake out. Your right side is thin outside of Pietrangelo and Parayko, but so is your left, outside of Dunn and Edmundson. Bortuzzo and Schmaltz probably shouldn't be relied upon, but in the same light, Gunnarsson and Bouwmeester are coming off surgeries and can't be counted on either. I think the Blues would have to target a free agent RD to replace Parayko until Schmaltz can prove he's ready to take the rains or another player can move over.

I totally understand the hesitation though, and I partially agree with you. If Parayko could be swapped out for Dunn, I wouldn't be opposed as it looks like there are more LHD on the way, but maybe not with the polish or upside of Vince Dunn, but then I think you'd need to move out more salary because I believe Stone is an RFA or will be next season and Duchene is close to UFA.

Reactions: simon IC

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

3. Hoffman would cost a 2nd-round pick and middling player (sobotka?)
If that's the cost, we'd have him
4. He mentioned Bouw coming back as a top 4 repeatedly. sigh...
No, he won't
Bleh
6. He lists Bernier, Khoudoubin and Elliott as backup options if/when Hutton splits in FA
Whateves
7. Johnson would probably cost a 1st, a good prospect and a depth winger (he assented when Jaskin was used as an example)
Ok
f*** off(not directed at anyone)
Ok
10. I asked about bouw and Gunny being trade chips. his response: "Bouwmeester will not be a No. 7 defenseman. And if Gunnarsson falls into that role, the Blues will move him for a draft pick once the injuries hit other teams. Armstrong has expressed confidence they will start the season, but, again, that is months away."
Boumeester as 3rd pairing and Gunny traded confirmed
11. Then I asked him about off-the-reservation players. his response: "Brassard would be a nice target, but Pittsburgh softened its cap hit there with some maneuvering. I know Boston might want to offload the onerous David Backes contract, but I'm not sure the Note is up for a reunion at those prices."
No thanks for either
lots to unpack there.
I completely forgot about this guy when JR went to the Athletic

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

That's not getting Stone and Duchene.....at all

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
After seeing that Krejci might be available, do you think he’d be a solid get? 3 years left, RHS. Very responsible defensively.
Eh, depends on cost. Wouldn't be jumping for joy. The Krejci love for me died a few years ago. I'd be just as excited if we resigned Stastny or got ROR

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I realize I’m probably in a very lonely minority here, but I would much rather move Parayko than Dunn. The return would be better for Parayko and Dunn offers an element of speed and elusiveness that Parayko doesn’t.

If you picked up a RW like Hoffman for Sobotka + and a 1C in a cap neutral deal for Parayko you would have plenty of cap space to go after a guy like Carlson this summer or Karlsson next summer.

Reactions: Majorityof1

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Draisaitl plays the exact brand of Hockey i love to watch, would love to add him and build around him.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
1st rounder + Sobotka (cap dump) for Hoffman
Parayko (+ small add possible) for Drai

Hoffman - Drai - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Thompson
Fabbri - Thomas - Steen
Berglund - Barbashev - Jaskin

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I realize I’m probably in a very lonely minority here, but I would much rather move Parayko than Dunn. The return would be better for Parayko and Dunn offers an element of speed and elusiveness that Parayko doesn’t.

If you picked up a RW like Hoffman for Sobotka + and a 1C in a cap neutral deal for Parayko you would have plenty of cap space to go after a guy like Carlson this summer or Karlsson next summer.
What happens when you dont get either one, because you wont get either one

Reactions: stl76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad