Half-Assed GDT: Blues Sharks

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Edit: I can confirm. Bolduc is not eligible
If I'm following things right, Kessel and Dean could both go back down [they were in Springfield at the deadline] but Bolduc couldn't [he was up with the Blues]. Which ... how the hell did we not send Bolduc down even if just for a paper transaction to get him potentially playoff eligible.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If I'm following things right, Kessel and Dean could both go back down [they were in Springfield at the deadline] but Bolduc couldn't [he was up with the Blues]. Which ... how the hell did we not send Bolduc down even if just for a paper transaction to get him potentially playoff eligible.
I think there may be a limit of how many moves a team can make after the Trade Deadline in regards to calling players up/sending them down?

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Good news. Per Capfriendly all three of Bolduc, Kessel, and Dean were on the AHL roster on March 8th. So Snuggerud would be the only player not eligible for the AHL playoffs

Reactions: Celtic Note

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think there may be a limit of how many moves a team can make after the Trade Deadline in regards to calling players up/sending them down?
you only get 4 callups after tdl. don't believe there is a limit on how many you can send down, but if they weren't on ahl roster at tdl they aren't eligible for postseason.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
you only get 4 callups after tdl. don't believe there is a limit on how many you can send down, but if they weren't on ahl roster at tdl they aren't eligible for postseason.
I knew it was something funny like that. That would leave us at 3 out of 4 right now.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I knew it was something funny like that. That would leave us at 3 out of 4 right now.
i don't see it as much of an issue, as there isn't anyone else left in springfield we would want. loof may be best prospect there and he isn't even that good of ahl player yet.

we really need to play dean. i prefer it be at nhl level, but if he ain't gonna dress send him back down. he has watched probably more blues hockey than i have this month. in his defense, he doesn't have same choices we fans have. i don't think it would go over well if he bailed on game to go to dinner with friends or attend networking cocktail party like i have done during this prolonged display of sadnesss on ice.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Well this closes an absolutely brutal March for Robert Thomas. He was clearly our best skater for the first five months of the season but put up a putrid 3G 3A 6P -5 statline over 15 games in March.

Not sure what happened, he had a couple of good games after the benching in Detroit but then his production fell off a cliff. If we have any hope of making a playoff push, he needs to go back to the guy he was in the first 5ish months of the season.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Well this closes an absolutely brutal March for Robert Thomas. He was clearly our best skater for the first five months of the season but put up a putrid 3G 3A 6P -5 statline over 15 games in March.

Not sure what happened, he had a couple of good games after the benching in Detroit but then his production fell off a cliff. If we have any hope of making a playoff push, he needs to go back to the guy he was in the first 5ish months of the season.
Heavy lies the crown of being the only player able to consistently drive this offense for the first five months of the season.

We desperately need secondary scoring to take some of the weight off this kid's shoulders.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I didn't see this mess, either. It was bad enough that I was keeping an eye on the score.

Very fitting that this team takes a deep six against the worst team in the league. That goes along with the conversation of the team having no identity to build on.

Reactions: TheDizee

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Msn this would be a frustrating team to watch if I wanted them to make the playoffs. Win and play well against good teams, fall into every trap game face first. The sharks aren't even a trap game, they are a lace up you skates and get 2 points game. We are like "No thanks".

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I didn't see this mess, either. It was bad enough that I was keeping an eye on the score.

Very fitting that this team takes a deep six against the worst team in the league. That goes along with the conversation of the team having no identity to build on.

Sadly this team has no heart. They showed last night that they don't belong in the playoffs. Embarrassing effort

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad