Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Habs lost to Arizona tonight. Somebody's having a worse night than we are.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Puck has ended up at the right end of the ice on most of Puljujarvi's shifts tonight, at least.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Perhaps we misunderstood what “generational” means. Maybe it means we make the playoffs once in a generation? I think we are poised for a solid run in 2035. If we sign Jagr.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So should we put Draisaitl on waivers? Is that what people have decided now? Or should we add a 1st round pick to get him off the team any way possible?
No he should either get moved down the lineup for a period or get treated like other struggling players do.

Instead he gets left out there like he is playing good hockey.

Good players have struggles. Todd decides to give him more ice time and hopes that helps. That's not how that works

Reactions: booyakasha

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why do you keep saying getting demoted? Maybe theres another ****ing reasoning to it, like getting the 3rd line going

You've never coached or played hockey at any level have you.

You don't shove a player playing well down your lineup to play with worse players in a tied situation (when Jesse was moved down) against a good team. I keep saying demoted because THATS WHAT HAPPENED. He gave it away and the coaching staff bumped him DOWN.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Yeah i've dissed on drai too and everybody swarmed me saying i didn't know what i was talking about. Drai played with mcdavid and had a good season, and one good playoff series. His contract is garbage the dude can't drive his own line and he's lethargic as hell. lol we're so screwed.

I think he has talent and all but mentally, I’m not sure. He doesn’t seem as committed or competitive like McDavid.

Reminds me of Crosby/Malkin dynamic where the latter, despite all the talent in the world, is inconsistent at the worst times

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Puj looks good. That's the only positive. I still don't think Drai has recovered 100 percent..

Serious question is he even allowed to play if he doesn't pass some sort of baseline testing?

As to the game, started promising enough........ Not that anyone is saying this, but this game is definitely NOT on Talbot. He has been left hanging out to dry on three goals.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Ducks fan here. I don't know how you guys can stomach McDavid setting Maroon (and others) up with grade A chances over and over and nobody cashes in.

Reactions: Mez

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Todd clearly has favorites. Just like putting Pakarainen on the 2nd line. My ****ing god, he has gotten on my nerves with his idiotic ocoaching.

It's a problem in sports and it's a problem in some work cultures - rewarding process and ease of management over results. Pakarinen works hard and does exactly what he's told. It's very easy to manage a guy like that.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Luckily status quo is working out so well for us.

Who though? If they're not better than Todd, what's the point? If this team isn't listening to a proven NHL coach, are they going to listen to a newbie? Is McDavid going to pull a Lebron and coach himself?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You've never coached or played hockey at any level have you.

You don't shove a player playing well down your lineup to play with worse players in a tied situation (when Jesse was moved down) against a good team. I keep saying demoted because THATS WHAT HAPPENED. He gave it away and the coaching staff bumped him DOWN.
I've played hockey at a fairly high level, It wasnt a demotion.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Why wasn't Jujar playing? Two game point streak and looking good but gets sat? Makes no sense.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Who though? If they're not better than Todd, what's the point? If this team isn't listening to a proven NHL coach, are they going to listen to a newbie? Is McDavid going to pull a Lebron and coach himself?

Thierrien “could” work. Nelson is there.

I’m getting tired of TMac at this point and his posse. Just clueless as f*** if McDavid isn’t clowning the opponents on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad