Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Oilers Oct 20 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
And Yak was the difference between them potentially winning a cup or not?
Also, Yak requested a trade (multiple times) so they kind of had to trade him.

I'm amazed that some people would like to see Yak succeed at the expense of their "favorite" team but then again, not too surprised because there are some posters who have a constant axe to grind against the organization no matter what they do, not that the organization doesn't deserve criticism but it seems to be the theme of every single post from some people.

I am continually amazed by people who are so narrow minded that they need to make up facts to fit there beef with other fans. Really, Yak and the Oilers can't be so successful that each make the playoffs and in the process build a nice rivalry? Did you start hating on Gretzky, Messier etc. the moment they left the team. If you answer is yes then you are a liar.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's a good skater, he just doesn't know how to utilize it most of the time because when it comes to decision making he can't think anywhere near as quick as he can physically play. His top end speed is more the average to good part of his skating, but he definitely is explosive and has good lateral movement. A guy with his explosiveness should be able to blow by defenders constantly, but his inability to beat defenders one on one has a lot to do with his inability to pull off moves at high speeds, and I also think he probably doesn't utilize his changing of speeds very well. McDavid for example will slow up and then explode catching D flat footed, while Yak kind of just goes all out off the hop and D can adapt to his speed because he doesn't have an extra gear to use when he starts off in top gear.

I've noticed that too. He's been better then expected if im being honest. I can safely say he's not a 1st OA player but I think he can still be a very servicable top 6 guy.

As for the Oil, you guys have way to much talent to continue to not find success, It'll come. You should have read the Blues board last season. Fans were ready to revolt

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I am not cheering against them. I want them in the playoffs as much as anyone, I want them to win the cup as much as anyone. Concurrent with that I want Yak to Rub management's nose in it.

If my thoughts offend you, perhaps you should put out a detailed listing of what makes and Oilers fan a fan ... vs. what doesn't .... just so we can try and slot ourselves into your guidelines.

Once again your calling out certain fans as "pathetic and spiteful" says more about you than it does about those same fans. Wake up buddy ... didn't JT say its 2016 and Canadians come in all colors now?

Want Yak to rub managements face in what? I'm going to assume you're one of those people who puts no blame on Yak.

Please do tell what it says about me. I'm not the one with constant negative posts, actively hoping for things to occur just to show management. Thats the definition of spiteful, sometimes its better to just move on rather than hold some insufferable grudge.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
There's nothing to support this claim. Yak scored at a 15 goal pace with McDavid last year. Explain to me how that is a good thing for a guy considered a "goal scorer" when Eberle scored at an over 30 goal pace playing with the same guy.

I would also disagree that RNH looked bad in any game this season, but I'm sure you're one of the anti-Nuge posters on here so I won't even bother debating that.

Wow, so now I am an anti-Nuge poster. Go bad to bed.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Want Yak to rub managements face in what? I'm going to assume you're one of those people who puts no blame on Yak.

Please do tell what it says about me. I'm not the one with constant negative posts, actively hoping for things to occur just to show management. Thats the definition of spiteful, sometimes its better to just move on rather than hold some insufferable grudge.

I can't take jabs at management ... but you can constantly take Jabs at posters that don't like management. Calling them pathetic, spiteful etc.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I've noticed that too. He's been better then expected if im being honest. I can safely say he's not a 1st OA player but I think he can still be a very servicable top 6 guy.

As for the Oil, you guys have way to much talent to continue to not find success, It'll come. You should have read the Blues board last season. Fans were ready to revolt

He absolutely has the physical tools to be a top 6 guy. We'll see if he can learn to read the game well enough and play within a system to handle those minutes, so that he's producing enough and not giving up as much defensively. I hope he succeeds, but I have no ill will towards management for trading him away for whatever they could get. It was time for a fresh start for both sides because it wasn't going to work out for him here.

Well I sure hope so haha. We still have some work to do for sure on the defensive side, and special teams, but I've liked how we've looked offensively this year, and our D transition the puck much better than I've seen in the past decade.

Should be a fun game tonight, we had some good ones in the last half of last year against you guys.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
And Yak was the difference between them potentially winning a cup or not?
Also, Yak requested a trade (multiple times) so they kind of had to trade him.

I'm amazed that some people would like to see Yak succeed at the expense of their "favorite" team but then again, not too surprised because there are some posters who have a constant axe to grind against the organization no matter what they do, not that the organization doesn't deserve criticism but it seems to be the theme of every single post from some people.

Look at how Chicago keeps winning cups. They did it by building a solid core, winning trades, drafting smart. Exactly where are the Oilers in this process ... still in the lose the trade, but make the team better part .... cause I don't see that on the Chicago list of things to do to win.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I can't take jabs at management ... but you can constantly take Jabs at posters that don't like management. Calling them pathetic, spiteful etc.

I've never said you couldn't, but I'll gladly call you out for what you're displaying, which is spite. I don't sit and constantly call out posters and take jabs at them, so the comparison is really not even remotely close.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Look at how Chicago keeps winning cups. They did it by building a solid core, winning trades, drafting smart. Exactly where are the Oilers in this process ... still in the lose the trade, but make the team better part .... cause I don't see that on the Chicago list of things to do to win.

Chicago has lost numerous trades though, I think you're just willing to ignore that part. Do you want to know why Chicago has won 3 cups? Because they drafted some absolute gems outside of the first round in Keith and Hjalmarsson, and hit big on Kane, Toews, and Seabrook. They were also able to get Keith and one of the best UFA's (Hossa) on absolute steal deals because of the old CBA. Thats the main reason they've done so well. Sure they've done a good enough job surrounding them with good players through drafting and minor trades, but they've also lost numerous trades including some big ones in Sharp and Saad (not entirely their fault, cap casualties).

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I am continually amazed by people who are so narrow minded that they need to make up facts to fit there beef with other fans. Really, Yak and the Oilers can't be so successful that each make the playoffs and in the process build a nice rivalry? Did you start hating on Gretzky, Messier etc. the moment they left the team. If you answer is yes then you are a liar.

No, it's more stuff like "I hope Yak lights it up tonight" and others who hope he does well tonight to stick it to management. I understand wishing him success in general but against the Oilers? I don't get it at all. I want to see the Oilers beat the Blues 8-0 and Yak goes a -8. Yak can score 15+ goals against the rest of the league and I'll be thrilled for him and us getting a 2nd round pick.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No, it's more stuff like "I hope Yak lights it up tonight" and others who hope he does well tonight to stick it to management. I understand wishing him success in general but against the Oilers? I don't get it at all. I want to see the Oilers beat the Blues 8-0 and Yak goes a -8. Yak can score 15+ goals against the rest of the league and I'll be thrilled for him and us getting a 2nd round pick.

100% this.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Nothing wrong with letting the management know they sold short on Yak. An ECHLer+conditional 3rd is an insult. Just how many times is Chia going to lose a trade? If anything, it's a good thing for the Oilers. It'll prevent future damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00