For

Draisatl, Nurse

What's your counter?

St Louis is an add for Draisaitl, not the other way around

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I think you quoted the wrong post. Buddy wanted McDavid.

And yes, Draisaitl is more valuable than Parayko. At least IMO.
Thats fine to have your opinion. But to the entire Blues organization Parayko is more important and second best Dman, would be the best dman on your team. For a player who mostly plays wing with mcdavid. Since we got schenn we are not in desperate need for an unproven center for a proven top defender.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Nurse is not available at all.
Draisaitl isnt going anywhere either most likely.
Same with Parayko and Pietrangelo.
None of these players will get moved, their mgmnt and fans value them too much.

Exactly this... Love Parayko and Pietrangelo, but I don't trade Draisaitl for... well... almost anything.

If I were StL, I don't trade Peitrangelo for... well... almost anything.

Both would create holes that are just too big to fill. I have Pietrangelo as a top-5 D in the league as well as highly regarded as a leader. I have Drai in a very analogous category, with the caveat he's still young and improving (and that's the additional value... his fit with McD's window... that would prevent him from being moved).

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Thats fine to have your opinion. But to the entire Blues organization Parayko is more important and second best Dman, would be the best dman on your team. For a player who mostly plays wing with mcdavid. Since we got schenn we are not in desperate need for an unproven center for a proven top defender.

You clearly take your Oiler knowledge from the Bible of HF-narrative rather than... you know... actually watching the Oilers play. Drai is playing mostly center and he is far from unproven.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Removing the homer ranking from each side. An independent ranking from 15-March has Draisaitl at 68 and Parayko at 168. I think both should be higher, but there still is a significant gap between the two.
Pietrangelo is 104

Also, a winger that takes 1200 faceoffs in a season is by definition a centre. 56% in the dot FYI

Fantasy: Top 250 rankings for 2017-18

Last edited:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Removing the homer ranking from each side. An independent ranking from 15-March has Draisaitl at 68 and Parayko at 168. I think both should be higher, but there still is a significant gap between the two.
Pietrangelo is 104

Also, a winger that takes 1200 faceoffs in a season is by definition a centre. 56% in the dot FYI

Fantasy: Top 250 rankings for 2017-18
You wingers take face-offs all the time. Your rankings are point based hence the fantasy rankings. If you are trying to say that drias gets youPetro or an elite top 5-10 dman in the league then who is really the homer. It has been posted several times that 65-70% percent of the time drais is playing with Mcdavid. Who do you think is playing center. The position of center is more than taking faceoffs. It has to do with actually playing down the middle, setting up plays, crashing the net, Being the most defensively responsible player. All you have added were fantasy rankings which are point based, Faceoff numbers. Lets be perfectly clear. Parayko is a young, cost controlled, multi year contracted offensive rhd d, he would be the best dman on your team and would play the #1 Rhd role. Those are facts. He hold more value than Drais.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You clearly take your Oiler knowledge from the Bible of HF-narrative rather than... you know... actually watching the Oilers play. Drai is playing mostly center and he is far from unproven.
If he is mostly playing center then why does stats show he is playing with Mcdavid 60+ percent of the time. So you are saying that Mcdavid is not playing center when they play on a line together?.

62.5% of the time he plays with Mcdavid during even strength
100% of the time he plays with Mcdavid on the power play.

That seems like a lot of time to be playing with Mcdavid when Drais is suppose to be on his on centering a line. Did connor move to the wing and EDM not tell anyone LOL. Facts Are Facts.

Leon Draisaitl - Full Stats, Line Combos and Game Logs

even strength line combos

power play line combo

Penalty Kill line combo

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Exactly this... Love Parayko and Pietrangelo, but I don't trade Draisaitl for... well... almost anything.

If I were StL, I don't trade Peitrangelo for... well... almost anything.

Both would create holes that are just too big to fill. I have Pietrangelo as a top-5 D in the league as well as highly regarded as a leader. I have Drai in a very analogous category, with the caveat he's still young and improving (and that's the additional value... his fit with McD's window... that would prevent him from being moved).
I respect the fact you wouldnt trade him for anything. The only reason i fire back at some posters is when they try to underate Parayko. Petro is on a different level and Only player on EDM blues consider is the guy no team should trade. Wonnt even speak his name.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I respect the fact you wouldnt trade him for anything. The only reason i fire back at some posters is when they try to underate Parayko. Petro is on a different level and Only player on EDM blues consider is the guy no team should trade. Wonnt even speak his name.
Why are you so afraid of saying Lucic's name?

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
OK if you say so. Let's just end this right meow. Drais is a nice toy best to you and him. We are not trading petro or parayko for him. Have a lovely off-season and draft. See you next year
He was never offered for either of them. He is not available, end of story.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
From Blues: top pairing D
Edmonton: top 6 C
What would it take?

I'd offer:

ONE of Parayko OR Pietrangelo, Berglund, Kostin

For

Draisatl, Nurse

What's your counter?

My counter is that the Oilers don't shop for a #1D from a team that doesn't want to give one up, and that St. Louis finds their #1C elsewhere too.

This will go the same as every other time.

"We want Parayko."

"OK, we want Draisaitl."

"No, not Draisaitl, Parayko isn't worth that much because (insults player). How about Nugent-Hopkins+?"

"No, Nugent-Hopkins sucks because (reasons), we'll add to Parayko for Draisaitl though."

"Reasons Parayko isn't as good as St. Louis fans say"

"Reasons why Nugent-Hopkins sucks"

And around in circles we will go.

Reactions: yababy

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
My counter is that the Oilers don't shop for a #1D from a team that doesn't want to give one up, and that St. Louis finds their #1C elsewhere too.
I agree, we actually found our 1c. Brayden schenn, he put up same numbers as drais but actually played the 1c role the entire season, didn't play 62% wing. That's what I keep saying drais isn't needed. If we didn't have schenn be totally different story.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
It has been posted several times that 65-70% percent of the time drais is playing with Mcdavid. Who do you think is playing center.

Draisaitl is playing center. McDavid is playing wing when they play together, and yes, wingers carry the puck too - see Taylor Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad