Proposal: Blues - Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I'm not sure. But if you support a one sided trade in your team's favour and then criticize others for calling you on it, then it's possible you'll get more responses.
I mean, I didnt support anything but ok. Funny that you said "pot calling the kettle black" then accuse me of supporting a one sided trade (which I didnt do) after you just supported a one sided trade..

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
No way the Leafs trade Matthews and effectively two 1st round picks for that package.

ROR is 30, and Parayko only has 1.5 years left on his deal

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I mean, I didnt support anything but ok. Funny that you said "pot calling the kettle black" then accuse me of supporting a one sided trade (which I didnt do) after you just supported a one sided trade..
Incorrect. You went through the trouble of copying multiple posts to try to support a one sided trade in your home team's favour.
But nice try at deflecting.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Incorrect. You went through the trouble of copying multiple posts to try to support a one sided trade in your home team's favour.
But nice try at deflecting.
Incorrect and thats some weird logic.

You support a one sided trade in favour of the blues because you dont like the leafs. Pathetic.

I'll make this clear to you since you seem to have trouble understanding. I dont support this trade. I dont want this trade to happen. I dont like this trade. It is not a good trade for the leafs. You can try and find some hidden meaning behind me quoting multiple posts are you can literally take my word for it when I say I dont supoort this trade. The blues dont have a single player that could entice the leafs to trade Matthews

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Incorrect and thats some weird logic.

You support a one sided trade in favour of the blues because you dont like the leafs. Pathetic.

I'll make this clear to you since you seem to have trouble understanding. I dont support this trade. I dont want this trade to happen. I dont like this trade. It is not a good trade for the leafs. You can try and find some hidden meaning behind me quoting multiple posts are you can literally take my word for it when I say I dont supoort this trade. The blues dont have a single player that could entice the leafs to trade Matthews
A one sided trade in favour of the Leafs?
You’ve lost all perspective. If you want to go full homer then stick to the Leafs board instead of calling out others on the main board.

To be clear, I have absolutely no problem with you not wanting to trade Matthews. Just don’t act like those pointing out that the trade favours the Leafs are somehow being partisan. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Leafs laugh, hang up the phone and block St. Louis' number.

Um...how is Toronto worse off from this deal?

In a vacuum, Matthews might be better than ROR. But not enough to refuse a deal that includes a Conn Smythe Selke caliber centre, an arguable top 10 D in the league, and a projected top line player in Thomas.

Toronto definitely does this trade. St. Louis does not.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
A one sided trade in favour of the Leafs?
You’ve lost all perspective. If you want to go full homer then stick to the Leafs board instead of calling out others on the main board.

To be clear, I have absolutely no problem with you not wanting to trade Matthews. Just don’t act like those pointing out that the trade favours the Kesf are somehow being partisan.
So you think a trade is so one sided for the leafs yet a leaf fan doesn't want to do that. Try and hide your bias a bit.
Its a bad trade for the leafs, st Louis doesn't have anything to get Matthrws. Sorry that that upsets you.

I dont agree that it fsvours the leafs so we will have to agree to disagree since you've already resorted to insults.

P.s. I'll post where I want, hfboards doesnt need you policing peoples posting habits, they have mods for that

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
So you think a trade is so one sided for the leafs yet a leaf fan doesn't want to do that. Try and hide your bias a bit.
Its a bad trade for the leafs, st Louis doesn't have anything to get Matthrws. Sorry that that upsets you.

I dont agree that it fsvours the leafs so we will have to agree to disagree since you've already resorted to insults.

P.s. I'll post where I want, hfboards doesnt need you policing peoples posting habits, they have mods for that
It’s pretty ironic when one of the most biased posters on this site tells others to check their bias.

and then you proceed on about how the Blues don’t have the pieces to get Matthews. Yeah sure buddy.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I agree that you can post where you want.
But if you’re going to go full homer on this Board and call out others in the process then expect some push back.

Reactions: TheNewKid

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
It’s pretty ironic when one of the most biased posters on this site tells others to check their bias.

and then you proceed on about how the Blues don’t have the pieces to get Matthews. Yeah sure buddy.
Solid response " no u".

Yall keep responding with the same thing.

You dont trade a player like matthews without a player coming back that doesn't have close to the vslue he does.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I agree that you can post where you want.
But if you’re going to go full homer on this Board and call out others in the process then expect some push back.
He’s always full homer, there’s no off switch. But any slight against the mighty leafs he’ll take it personally and then get aggressive at people on an online hockey forum over a hypothetical trade lmao. I assume he’s an adult (maybe I shouldn’t) but regardless it’s really immature and he does it like clockwork.

it’s really not worth fooling with

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Blues simply cannot trade their current #1 C, their (possibly) soon to be #1 defenseman, and a good, young cost controlled player -- even for someone like Matthews.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Neutral fan here. While I can totally understand not wanting to trade Matthews as he is the best player in this deal, the Leafs do improve if they make this trade. The drop off in offensive production is massively offset by the increase in defensive abilities both with ROR and Parayko.

Blues don't do this at all, especially with the chance of them losing Pietro.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
giphy.gif

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
St Louis would miss the playoffs for the next 4 years and eventually lose Matthews to FA. Don't see them doing this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad