Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
very unbalanced -
for just AMatt alone, St L also adds a few 1sts and Kostin or Kyrou
not saying they would,
but you want that type of young and dominant player, you won't get him for a 'fair' trade or a 'hockey trade'
you admit you are redesigning the whole thing, and you pay big, big price

Robertson probably not available
could be a deal around 15 and Parayko
Lol parsyko for 15.. you kidder

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Leafs: ROR + Parayko + Thomas

Blues: Matthews + Robertson + 15th

Toronto gets their defence partner for Rielly, ROR brings in toughness and playoff experience along with another local Ontario boy in Thomas.

St Louis builds their team around Matthews and resign Pietrangelo, adding a top prospect and a top 15 pick in a deep draft.
Highway robbery by the Leafs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So you think a trade is so one sided for the leafs yet a leaf fan doesn't want to do that. Try and hide your bias a bit.
Its a bad trade for the leafs, st Louis doesn't have anything to get Matthrws. Sorry that that upsets you.

I dont agree that it fsvours the leafs so we will have to agree to disagree since you've already resorted to insults.

P.s. I'll post where I want, hfboards doesnt need you policing peoples posting habits, they have mods for that
Leafs don't think it's worth it. The rest of HB knows the Blues overpay.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I understand the arguing of you don’t trade a young franchise player. But with that being said as well, for the next year or two RORs impact on a game to game basis isn’t much less than that of Matthews. They’re night and day players but are both extremely impactful. With where the Blues are currently at given the rest of the roster making that swap isn’t worth giving up a pretty sure fire young cost controlled center as well as our best contracted defensemen.

This trade would tear down any chance the Blues have at being competitive for the next 2-3 years without some miracle happening but would certainly give a franchise cornerstone to build around.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs: ROR + Parayko + Thomas

Blues: Matthews + Robertson + 15th

Toronto gets their defence partner for Rielly, ROR brings in toughness and playoff experience along with another local Ontario boy in Thomas.

St Louis builds their team around Matthews and resign Pietrangelo, adding a top prospect and a top 15 pick in a deep draft.

I think Toronto just keeps building Matthews, signs Ontario boy Pietrangelo to play with Rielly and keep the top 15 pick. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: kb and Atomos2

1FreakZilla3

Jan 2, 2014
Oshawa
Leafs Decline..

Robertson is not spare parts, the kid scored his first nhl goal in the play in round Vs Cbj, Going to be a helluva player someday..

Reactions: kb

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Um...how is Toronto worse off from this deal?

In a vacuum, Matthews might be better than ROR. But not enough to refuse a deal that includes a Conn Smythe Selke caliber centre, an arguable top 10 D in the league, and a projected top line player in Thomas.

Toronto definitely does this trade. St. Louis does not.
Toronto doesn't do this trade.

Matthews is our 23 year old franchise player who's already a top 5-7 center in hockey. He's THE building block for the Leafs. He won't be traded for someone turning 30 next year and a player who's a UFA in 2 years. Don't get me wrong, O'Rielly and Parayko are studs and top flight players, but they don't get Matthews out of Toronto. Matthews only leaves if it's a ridiculous, all time overpay (think McDavid or Mackinnon). We explore trading literally anyone else before we look at dealing Matthews

Reactions: kb and 1FreakZilla3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad