Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Jets Fri Dec 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Ugh. Rockets are the throw away candies from Halloween, even my kids won’t eat them. Smarties are pretty tasty though.
Those Halloween sized Smartie boxes are dangerous, you dig into your kids bag for one and the next thing you know there's 12 empty boxes sitting next to you.

Reactions: Pongs21 and Jets 31

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Beyak mentioned last broadcast that Kuli may be good to go on Friday. I'd guess Buff, Morrissey and Copp will all be good to go. Will be interesting to see who of Petan and Lemieux gets shipped to the Moose.
The only way Petan leaves the Jets is via a trade. He won't clear waivers and the Jets won't lose him that cheaply.

Reactions: GNP

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The only way Petan leaves the Jets is via a trade. He won't clear waivers and the Jets won't lose him that cheaply.

The calls to move on from Petan are so out of touch with a team managing assets. If something came up that was good for the Jets and involved him fine... but the idea that we should turn around and trade him just because is nuts. We have been very healthy in the forward group. Chances are that won't last. We'll need Petan and others to fill in in those cases. Any variation of Petan-Roslovic-Appleton or Petan-Roslovic-Perreault looks pretty good to me. Any extended looks with those groups likely means some decent on ice results for them.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm a bit surprised how crappy the Blues are playing , hopefully they keep it going for at least 1 more game .;)

Reactions: Robinson2187

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
The calls to move on from Petan are so out of touch with a team managing assets. If something came up that was good for the Jets and involved him fine... but the idea that we should turn around and trade him just because is nuts. We have been very healthy in the forward group. Chances are that won't last. We'll need Petan and others to fill in in those cases. Any variation of Petan-Roslovic-Appleton or Petan-Roslovic-Perreault looks pretty good to me. Any extended looks with those groups likely means some decent on ice results for them.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we throw an asset away for nothing. And I have been a big Petan booster. I still think he has value on the team and don't want him to go...but. theres guys who seem to be more able to ply thier game at the NHL level than Nic. So we should probably move him....I hope as part of a package for some depth at D.

having said all of that I'd still like to se Petan Roslo and Apples all on a line at the NHL level.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agreed , i've not been impressed with Lemieux at all so far , to me if someone has to go down it's Lemieux .

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice audio:

Players: Wheeler, Scheifele, Chiarot and Kulikov.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Updates on Byfuglien/Kulikov? Any update on Morrissey/Copp/Morrow? On Andrew Copp's progression. What is he expecting from the Blues in their fourth meeting in first few months of the season? What did the players learn from the east coast road trip? Was the comeback against the Rangers something the team can use later on? What did he learn about his team? Did he learn something about the three defencemen called up from the Moose? What goes into a team not using injuries as an excuse? His thoughts on hazing.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Looks like Maurice has Lemieux ahead of Petan. I guess he likes the truculence quotient. When Copp is back, I think they are both sitting. Appleton is going to get a run now...

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Looks like Maurice has Lemieux ahead of Petan. I guess he likes the truculence quotient. When Copp is back, I think they are both sitting. Appleton is going to get a run now...

Before I denounce the move to Lemieux I'll give it another game, but it was night and day what that line was able to accomplish with either MP or Petan in place of Lemieux.

Reactions: sipowicz

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

He may have run Lemieux against the Isles because of Martin/Clutterbuck?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
He may have run Lemieux against the Isles because of Martin/Clutterbuck?

Not like it was relevant though, as I’m sure everyone could see. To me, Lemieux is pointless unless he starts to throw some big hits or something to piss off the opponent. I’m not liking his game where it seems he plays reserved.

Reactions: blues10

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Not like it was relevant though, as I’m sure everyone could see. To me, Lemieux is pointless unless he starts to throw some big hits or something to piss off the opponent. I’m not liking his game where it seems he plays reserved.

I generally notice that he has one or two moments a game.
i.e. a good angle on a forecheck, wins a board battle.
Other then that I don't see much and often don't notice him out there.

When you look at things like shot differential when he's on the ice or some of the other possession data you start to see a pretty negative picture. Pepe Lemieux should be working the popcorn line not the 4th line.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Before I denounce the move to Lemieux I'll give it another game, but it was night and day what that line was able to accomplish with either MP or Petan in place of Lemieux.

The big reveal at the end will be that "Brendan Lemieux" was Chris Thorburn the entire time using Polyjuice Potion.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Howard Chuck

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
12? Amateur. :laugh:

I'm on your side. We buy those boxes largely because my kid doesn't like Smarties. She can pilfer whatever she wants - KitKat, Aero, Coffee Crisp but I pull the Smarties out just to prevent her from being sad.

Also in the pet peeves category - the full sized bars you can get at Superstore (8 to a box, 2 of each, same makeup of brands)? Yeah, they downsized the Smartie boxes to under 60g. Total ripoff. ;)

Reactions: Howard Chuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad