Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

For the non twitter folks :

Niku Trouba
Chiarot Buff
Kulikov Myers
Schilling Nogier

No Mo's on the ice.
Awesome that Buff might be back and before Kulikov got hurt i thought he was having his best game of the season . But i'm a little concerned about Morrissey , the guy is a iron man out there blocking shots and hitting , i've thought many times oh no that's got to have hurt him but he wouldn't miss a shift . Sort of like Mark Stuart but with a little more talent , just a little though . :sarcasm:

Reactions: Ducky10

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the Jets take this game at about 5-2. The Blues are not playing well this year, and their # 1 defenseman is out in Peterangelio. The Jet's are on a roll having won 4 straight, and are at home now -- I don't see them losing this game.

As for comments on Petan - I've always thought he would come to life, and make the Jet's team, as he did so well in the AHL last year with Roslovic ?? It's hard to understand why he can't adapt to the NHL game. I do think he has some kind of mental block, but will eventually become an NHL er -- how long it takes --who knows ??

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I think the Jets take this game at about 5-2. The Blues are not playing well this year, and their # 1 defenseman is out in Peterangelio. The Jet's are on a roll having won 4 straight, and are at home now -- I don't see them losing this game.

As for comments on Petan - I've always thought he would come to life, and make the Jet's team, as he did so well in the AHL last year with Roslovic ?? It's hard to understand why he can't adapt to the NHL game. I do think he has some kind of mental block, but will eventually become an NHL er -- how long it takes --who knows ??
I think many are hopeful at some level that he can stick and if it doesn’t happen in Winnipeg maybe somewhere else.
I’d rather he stay up than Lemieux we’ll see

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think many are hopeful at some level that he can stick and if it doesn’t happen in Winnipeg maybe somewhere else.
I’d rather he stay up than Lemieux we’ll see

If we're playing rough, chippy physical teams like Calgary, I would play Lemieux personally. Guys like Bennet and Tkachuk rough up our smaller guys.

If we're playing highly skilled teams -I would use Petan, and play him with Roslovic and Appleton. So -- it depends who we're playing.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

If we're playing rough, chippy physical teams like Calgary, I would play Lemieux personally. Guys like Bennet and Tkachuk rough up our smaller guys.

If we're playing highly skilled teams -I would use Petan, and play him with Roslovic and Appleton. So -- it depends who we're playing.
We have a huge team. We’re fine without lemieux. We have a team full of guys 6’3” to 6’5”.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
We have a huge team. We’re fine without lemieux. We have a team full of guys 6’3” to 6’5”.
No kidding, it always amuses/baffles me when people suggest the Jets need to add toughness to their lineup. I do not see the Jets getting roughed up, not sure what others are watching.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No kidding, it always amuses/baffles me when people suggest the Jets need to add toughness to their lineup. I do not see the Jets getting roughed up, not sure what others are watching.
Ya lots of posters from other teams always bring up the fact that the Jets are a huge team and are going to be tough to play against , especially with Buff in the lineup . :nod:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Ya lots of posters from other teams always bring up the fact that the Jets are a huge team and are going to be tough to play against , especially with Buff in the lineup . :nod:

Indeed, but all that size and toughness throughout the lineup is negated by the presence of Petan. He's the antitoughnessmatter.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

You're aware petan isn't a skilled player anymore. That's the problem he isn't a energy player or a skilled player. Jets aren't holding a roster spot for someone that cant score and has nothing else to offer. He was given every opportunity, 110 games. Time for other prospects the team feel are ready to see get their shot.

Reactions: TheGovernment

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
I really liked our forward group before Copp was injured. Pretty good depth. Speed, tenacity and balance.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
You're aware petan isn't a skilled player anymore. That's the problem he isn't a energy player or a skilled player. Jets aren't holding a roster spot for someone that cant score and has nothing else to offer. He was given every opportunity, 110 games. Time for other prospects the team feel are ready to see get their shot.

I don't really agree ffh -- that Petan isn't a skilled guy anymore. I think the Jet's management and the people on this forum, do have their doubts right now, but I'm more sitting on the fence with Petan ?? -- just don't know if he'll make the grade ??

You say he's played 110 games, which may be right, but when your playing 6 minutes in those 110 games, with unskilled players most of the time -you don't have much of a chance to prove yourself. Same sort of thing with Ehlers --if you play him on the 4-th line he disappears -- but put him on the 1st line, and he looks like a star NHL player.

The thing with Petan that I find so puzzling is his numbers were "outstanding" with the Portland Winter Hawks, and they were good in the World Junior with team Canada, as he was one of the leading scorers. He also scored a lot with the Moose last year--so what does that tell you ?? I'm not quite sure ?? --it's puzzling. Considering this though, you'd have to think the talent is there.

I am of the opinion, that you either have talent or you don't. You can't really teach a guy to be a sniper like Laine, or a great playmaker like Wheeler -- these guys just naturally have this talent. I really do believe that Petan has the talent --it just doesn't go away. I do think he has a "mental block" about playing in the NHL, and so far he hasn't proven himself. I think the Jet's should try to get a sport's psychologist to work with him, and see if this helps. He just may end up being a guy that just couldn't make the grade with the big club. I say, give it some time here.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I know we keep calling it the CLL line but it should totally be read as LLC so we can give it some dead clever nickname like "The Company Line"
Ha, that's funny. My sister calls that line "The Corporation" for that very same reason. She thinks it's clever. I told her I think it's dumb. No offence to you, though... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->