Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Jets 7pm-Used Up All The Goals Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Can't help but feel these last 2 games couldn't have gone any better unless Eddy doesn't get hurt. Forwards were awake, Tarasenko seems to be getting his confidence back quickly, Allen and Hutton with really good games, and 2 big wins against division rivals. Let's keep the momentum going.

Reactions: Lakewood

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Tripping on Bouwmeester. It's going to be a shooting gallery - 6 on 4.

But Schwartz gets the Shorty/empty-Netter. Great play to get possession! Blues win 5-2!!! Great playoff-style road win for The Blues!!!

You know what. I really want to watch a game live with Robb some day. I just feel like he would be incredibly fun to watch a game with. Maybe we should start a GoFundMe or something to get Robb over here for a game.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
What a chicken**** sequence by Little. Not once but twice. Glad to see Bortuzzo go off on him

The worst thing is I used to try to get friends and people I know to like hockey. Try watching that video with someone new to hockey and explain why the ref 10 feet away didn't call 1 penalty. Things don't get that blatant every game but plays happen more often than not where all you do is say it's the f***ing gong show. If hockey ever becomes a pure skill and physical sport it'll climb the ranks compared to baseball, football, and basketball. For some reason they've never wanted to take the gong show element out.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Want to see something really funny? Watch the guy with the beard wearing the cream colored Jets sweater. A lot of the fans during the course of the play start yelling at the ref and pointing. He just sits there and at the end eats his popcorn. He's either the lead investigator of NHL player safety or he's the reincarnation of Walter Sobchak and he's finishing popcorn instead of coffee. Either way it's funny :)

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I hope that arm that got cross checked is black and blue in the morning. Cup checks should be an automatic suspension. I find it more offensive than so many other rat like moves.

Reactions: 67Blues

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Man we have seriously the toughest stretch to finish this season.

Just look at our schedule from February 1 on:

MTL BOS BUF MIN COL WPG PIT NSH DAL SJS WPG NSH MIN DET DAL SJS LAK ANA COL NYR CHI BOS VAN CBJ SJS VGK ARI WSH CHI CHI COL

That’s 14/31 vs the ridiculous central
Chicago 3x
Minny 2x
Colorado 3x
Nashville 2x
Winni 2x
Dallas 2x

SJS three times, LAK and VGK + ANA all teams fighting for pacific playoff spots or already in.

Boston x2 pitt Washington

Non playoff teams in MTL, BUF, ARI, VAN, DET, NYR.

That means we play 6 of our last 31 vs non playoff teams. 4 of the last 28.

Buckle up folks it’s about to get bumpy.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Man we have seriously the toughest stretch to finish this season.

Just look at our schedule from February 1 on:

MTL BOS BUF MIN COL WPG PIT NSH DAL SJS WPG NSH MIN DET DAL SJS LAK ANA COL NYR CHI BOS VAN CBJ SJS VGK ARI WSH CHI CHI COL

That’s 14/31 vs the ridiculous central
Chicago 3x
Minny 2x
Colorado 3x
Nashville 2x
Winni 2x
Dallas 2x

SJS three times, LAK and VGK + ANA all teams fighting for pacific playoff spots or already in.

Boston x2 pitt Washington

Non playoff teams in MTL, BUF, ARI, VAN, DET, NYR.

That means we play 6 of our last 31 vs non playoff teams. 4 of the last 28.

Buckle up folks it’s about to get bumpy.

Friggen brutal

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
So since Dallas won again (Cause of course they did), that now means 7 teams have hit 70 points in the NHL, and 4 of them are in the Central. Bru-Tal.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Can't help but feel these last 2 games couldn't have gone any better unless Eddy doesn't get hurt. Forwards were awake, Tarasenko seems to be getting his confidence back quickly, Allen and Hutton with really good games, and 2 big wins against division rivals. Let's keep the momentum going.

Agree, lots of positives to take from last night. Allen looked very solid, Tarasenko as well. I thought Steen had a really good game, his hard work directly led to at least one goal. The third line seemed to have a bit more life with Sobotka in the middle, Berglund with a lovely redirect. Great road win against a team many Blues fans don't give us a chance to beat come playoff time.

Small side note, Dunn only had 12 minutes. Thought he would get more ice time in Eddy's absence, not less. Wonder if Yeo still doesn't fully trust him when we need to go into full defense mode.

Just reading the box score now, didn't realize earlier that Stastny was a +4 last night. Big ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad