OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Meh, not crazy about the Donald pick, he is a hell of a player but we need help elsewhere. Our D line was already the biggest strength on the team, need help in the secondary.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm pleased with both picks. Robinson is an athletic freak. I just hope he learns how to pass block because he didn't do a whole lot of that in college.

Donald's weight has me concerned. 285 going up against 320+ linemen seems like a lot to accomplish. He was a stud at the Senior Bowl, and he's clearly talented. If he develops, our DLine is disgusting.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
I've seen most every Pitt home game in person during Donald's tenure and the kid is a beast. I know the Rams DL is stacked as it is, but AD is a helluva player and has a motor that won't quit. He's definitely more of a 3 technique as opposed to a 1. He won't excel at clogging the middle of the line and holding down a double team. But he is probably one of the best gap penetrating DL I've seen in a long time, the guy just creates havoc against both the run and the pass. Hope he does great for you guys!

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
Donald consistently gets pressure, he's incredibly explosive. I'm so excited to watch this guy. An elite athlete with elite explosiveness. How can you block our line, honestly?

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I'm pleased with both picks. Robinson is an athletic freak. I just hope he learns how to pass block because he didn't do a whole lot of that in college.

Donald's weight has me concerned. 285 going up against 320+ linemen seems like a lot to accomplish. He was a stud at the Senior Bowl, and he's clearly talented. If he develops, our DLine is disgusting.

I would think the Rams are expecting Brockers to see all the double teams, which would leave Donald all alone with one blocker in the middle......as we saw in the highlights package, the kid seems to be unblockable one v one......clearly it's a different story with NFL men, but I think the kid has great potential to be a big play impact lineman.

I mean, when you line him up with Brockers, Quinn, and Long.....not to mention Ogletree coming off the edge from time to time......man that's a ton of firepower.

We still need to address DB though, we can't put all the pressure on our DLine to pressure the QB every time.

I've never been a huge Bradford fan, but I really hope that with the emergence of Zac Stacy and hopefully getting Jake Long back healthy for training camp, he puts up a monster year.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
All I have to say about the Rams draft picks today is there is still a massive crater at CB and Safety. Looks like that on every passing down they better get the sack or they will continue to get burned big time.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
All I have to say about the Rams draft picks today is there is still a massive crater at CB and Safety. Looks like that on every passing down they better get the sack or they will continue to get burned big time.

No doubt we have needs in the defensive backfield. We have ten more picks, though, so we can still address those needs.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Some were saying Donald was the best pick of the 1st round. Not most talented, but best pick. He reminds some of Sapp. We have an entire defensive line that can get after the quarterback.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I feel for the poor souls of the QBs that have to face our defensive line.

I was thrilled with Greg Robinson. Definitely the right pick at 2.

I wanted Haha Clinton-Dix at 13, but I didn't really expect Donald to be available. It does put our backs against the wall over the next 2 days to fix the secondary.

In round 2, I'd take Marqise Lee or Xavier Su'a Filo. Otherwise I'm going to the secondary twice today.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
49ers got Stevie Johnson for a 2015 conditional 4th, that could become a 3rd. I wish we could've gotten him. He would've given us size and a proven track record to mix in with the speed of guys like Givens and Austin.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Josh Gordon's suspension will ensure that Lee won't last long enough for us to get him. Browns would be stupid not to draft him.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Traded up to 41, please be one of the FSU DBs!

edit: Nice! Joyner, he is a little small but he is good, can play CB or S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad