OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Cano to the Mariners for 10 years, $240 million. Looks like people still haven't learned that those contracts don't work.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yikes that's ugly. Think about this...he basically got a Pujols deal. That's absolutely insane. Now, I don't think he'll fall apart as fast as Pujols did, but that's still a terrible contract. I'm shocked the Mariners were the ones to give it to him. I'm kind of wondering if the Yankees didn't do the same thing we did with Pujols. Set your limit and let him test the market. If he gets a bigger deal then he's overpaid by somebody else, and if not, then you got your player at a price you are comfortable with.

Edit: While I was looking for the Cano stuff I found this:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ver-might-join-cardinals-132532488--mlb.htmly
God help us all. I thought we were finally rid of that old ****. Go away McCarver! I hate you.

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Cano is at least consistent and has years ahead of him, unlike Ellsbury. I think it'll be better than other contracts, but still not very good.

He's older than Ellsbury. Ellsbury is 30, Cano is 31.

Two years ago, Albert signed a 10 year, 240 million dollar contract as the best player in the world. Nobody ever said Cano was the best player in the world. This is a horrible contract.

-

One more day.... M-I-Z!!!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Mike Shannon is awesome. Always entertaining, especially when he is drinking more late in games.

As for the USA, there are no easy games, but Portugal has always been an overrated side, so if we play our best, we can make it through. Not as bad as some think.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Ugh US got so screwed. If we can muster one win id bet it's against Germany

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It could have been a lot worse for the US (Spain, Netherlands & Chile in Group B!).

Also, the fixture scheduling helps the Americans. The start with Ghana and finish with Germany. Take for granted that you have to beat Ghana to have any chance of qualifying. If the Germans win their opening 2 games (which is to be expected), then all the US need is a draw against the Portuguese to set up a situation where the Germans have already qualified and a draw suits both teams in that final game. Massive advantage to face them last than in the opening game.

Yikes that's ugly. Think about this...he basically got a Pujols deal. That's absolutely insane. Now, I don't think he'll fall apart as fast as Pujols did, but that's still a terrible contract. I'm shocked the Mariners were the ones to give it to him. I'm kind of wondering if the Yankees didn't do the same thing we did with Pujols. Set your limit and let him test the market. If he gets a bigger deal then he's overpaid by somebody else, and if not, then you got your player at a price you are comfortable with.

Edit: While I was looking for the Cano stuff I found this:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ver-might-join-cardinals-132532488--mlb.htmly
God help us all. I thought we were finally rid of that old ****. Go away McCarver! I hate you.

Really can't stand McCarver either, thankfully the international feeds have meant I've rarely had to endure him during the World Series just during the rest of the season.

Cano... :laugh: If you have money to burn then who cares about paying a fortune in the later years of these deals. Not completely the case for Seattle, but I do think he'll still be an effective enough player in 5 or 6 years even if he is significantly overpaid. It's the same in all sports, you really don't want to be building a team through FA because typically the player is the only winner.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
McCarver is a million times better than Hrabosky.

I think it's funny when Hrabosky talks about being a pitcher....haha whatever. Give them both credit though...they are both better than Ozzie Smith....

I think they can do better than McCarver and Hrabosky both. Maybe they should have Kelly Chase do baseball games....haha

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
So we beat the hardest team and not the others?

I think Germany sweeps and 2 other teams will be 1-1-1.

Just a feeling I got, we got their old coach who knows their team extremely well and we got a few players who grew up in Germany and are familiar with their team

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just a feeling I got, we got their old coach who knows their team extremely well and we got a few players who grew up in Germany and are familiar with their team

Fair enough. The German team is just ridiculously talented and deep. They don't have a weak spot.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I do the same for McCarver. I'd rather listen to Shannon and Rooney.

Any day of the week, This.

Beltran to Yankees, 3 years, 45 Million, meh, McCann, Ellsbury, now Beltran, good luck Carlos. The Yankees pitching still is terrible but I'm certain they will sign 3 FA's in hopes of buying a World Series title :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad