OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Perfect ending to the game really, and not just because Alabama lost!

Onto Mizzou now. Not sure what to expect from the Texas A&M offense after their showing last week, but I don't really see them being capable of holding Franklin & co to under 40.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Nice game Mizzou. I'm pretty much just a bandwagon follower of Mizzou football, but I like to see them win a big game. Hopefully they can win that SEC Championship. That would be pretty incredible.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Ohio State loses to Michigan State and we win against Auburn, I hope we would be ahead of Alabama in the BCS. At least we can at least guarantee ourselves a BCS game with a win against Auburn, which would be more than huge.

Cotton Bowl is the worst case scenario, and if you told me at the beginning of the season that we would be in the Cotton Bowl, I would've laughed in your face.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Nice game Mizzou. I'm pretty much just a bandwagon follower of Mizzou football, but I like to see them win a big game. Hopefully they can win that SEC Championship. That would be pretty incredible.

This for me as well.

I follow all the St. Louis teams pretty closely but I admit I only follow Mizzou when they're doing well.

I did watch this entire game and it was great. I'm normally not much into college ball.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Very good second half when the pressure was starting to mount, took a while to find their feet in the first half. The Aggies really lost the plot on their last possession onwards and made killing the game easy.

Cautiously optimistic about next week, I think we'll match up pretty well with Auburn.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I'm just curious why does our boards seem to be dead all the time? Has it always been like this, were it seems like whole days can go by without seeing a single new post on the non-sticky section? New topics are virtually non-existent here as well, as the sad part is I've searched the internet several times over for Blues forum's and this one by far seems to be the busiest, which isn't very busy. I realize everybody has lives outside of Blues hockey, but the same thing holds true for other teams, and quite a few of their individual boards have considerable more traffic.

Just curious why it always seems to be like this here, can anybody who has been a regular here a lot longer than me shed some light on the situation?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's always like this. We don't have as many members as other teams, and those of us that are on here probably have other things to do. I'll post a lot in small segments, but I'd rather be doing other things with my time.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I'm just curious why does our boards seem to be dead all the time? Has it always been like this, were it seems like whole days can go by without seeing a single new post on the non-sticky section? New topics are virtually non-existent here as well, as the sad part is I've searched the internet several times over for Blues forum's and this one by far seems to be the busiest, which isn't very busy. I realize everybody has lives outside of Blues hockey, but the same thing holds true for other teams, and quite a few of their individual boards have considerable more traffic.

Just curious why it always seems to be like this here, can anybody who has been a regular here a lot longer than me shed some light on the situation?

The STL today forum is busy, but have more of the "rookie" questions.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
If Ohio State loses to Michigan State and we win against Auburn, I hope we would be ahead of Alabama in the BCS. At least we can at least guarantee ourselves a BCS game with a win against Auburn, which would be more than huge.

Cotton Bowl is the worst case scenario, and if you told me at the beginning of the season that we would be in the Cotton Bowl, I would've laughed in your face.

That would be like '07 all over again when Mizzou got screwed out of a BCS game over freakin KU and Illinois, and we beat both those teams that year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That would be like '07 all over again when Mizzou got screwed out of a BCS game over freakin KU and Illinois, and we beat both those teams that year.

Yep. At least this time we control our destiny. If we beat Auburn we get a BCS game, if we lose we don't and Auburn and Alabama get one, both who we didn't beat, so it isn't as bad as Kansas and Illinois.

If Ohio State loses, which I think they will, we'd be in the national championship with a win.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

If you look at the stats for each team's board, the Blues' board is by far the least trafficked according to the total posts on each board. We have about 40,000 fewer posts than the next closest team(Dallas). I'm personally okay with it. We would have more posts if we had more problematic users. If multiple people came on here daily spouting random garbage to get the fan base riled up, and the fan base collectively attacks those posters for being idiots, we would have more posts, but far less quality. The situation now is perfectly fine by me.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Archer might be the funniest ****ing show I've ever seen in my entire life.

Thekidline

Aug 9, 2010
Saint Louis Mo
Yep. At least this time we control our destiny. If we beat Auburn we get a BCS game, if we lose we don't and Auburn and Alabama get one, both who we didn't beat, so it isn't as bad as Kansas and Illinois.

If Ohio State loses, which I think they will, we'd be in the national championship with a win.

To be fair mizzou controlled their own destiny in 2007 going into the BIG 12 title game against Oklahoma. But you are right about the illinois kansas v alabama auburn point.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Regardless of if Mizzou wins or losses, I still view this season as a plus. I mean we will AT LEAST make it to the Cotton Bowl, worst case scenario. I would never have thought we had a chance to make that heading into the season.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm not really a Mizzou fan (from Nebraska) but I followed the B8 and then B12 for a long time. I'm kind of sick of the SEC media hype. I'm curious what Missouri fans think about the perception of the SEC being so far above any other conference, and then A&M and Missouri move in and become competitive immediately.

I don't buy that it has much to do with recruiting yet. I think the truth is that the SEC is a good conference, but that ESPN/ABC has an incentive to sensationalize it a bit (due to their contract). But the B12 was never that far behind. (Yes, Alabama has been deserving of its titles.) Bottom line is good for the Tigers, but I think they've also kind of shown that the SEC isn't untouchable in the way its portrayed.

I also love how this must be needling Texas folks, to see A&M and Mizzou succeeding.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just FYI we weren't screwed by Illinois in 2007. Illinois making it/not making it had nothing to do with Mizzou making it.

You can only have 2 teams in a conference in the BCS. Oklahoma was one by virtue of winning the Big XII and yes we were screwed by getting passed over for Kansas.

But nothing to do with Illinois.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The SEC is by far better than the Big 12. When we were in the Big 12, I didn't buy into their hype. Now that we play in the SEC, I realize there aren't as many cakewalk games as there were in the Big 12. For years the Big 12 was all about the South and Nebraska, and then the South and Mizzou. Kansas State was competitive throughout those years, but also at times, they didn't do anything.

The depth of the SEC makes them superior to everyone, and there is always at least 1 elite team, and in most years multiple elite teams. No other conference can match that every year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just FYI we weren't screwed by Illinois in 2007. Illinois making it/not making it had nothing to do with Mizzou making it.

You can only have 2 teams in a conference in the BCS. Oklahoma was one by virtue of winning the Big XII and yes we were screwed by getting passed over for Kansas.

But nothing to do with Illinois.

Right, it's just a dumb system. The BCS should be the top 10 ranked teams in the BCS, it shouldn't matter what conference you are in. Politics will never allow that though.

We were screwed because the bowl picked 8th Kansas over 6th Missouri because they thought Kansas would travel better and that is just hysterically funny.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The playoff system will save a lot of trouble like this for next year.

Its better, but not a lot better.

I'd prefer a system where all the conference champs get into a playoff, with a few wildcards to round it out. If you want, have a play-in game for the Sun Belt and MAC or whatever. But it would be so much cooler if the conference championship games all had teams with national title hopes on the line. It would make out of conference matchups against top teams more doable, since they wouldn't hurt your chances. And wildcards would let teams like this year's Alabama still have a chance.

And it would finally mean its a system where every team has a chance at the national title at the beginning of the season. Even with a 4 team playoff, teams that go undefeated but start outside the rankings might miss out.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Too many games at that point. They still are students and you don't want the future NFL players to take an unnecessary hits.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Its better, but not a lot better.

I'd prefer a system where all the conference champs get into a playoff, with a few wildcards to round it out. If you want, have a play-in game for the Sun Belt and MAC or whatever. But it would be so much cooler if the conference championship games all had teams with national title hopes on the line. It would make out of conference matchups against top teams more doable, since they wouldn't hurt your chances. And wildcards would let teams like this year's Alabama still have a chance.

And it would finally mean its a system where every team has a chance at the national title at the beginning of the season. Even with a 4 team playoff, teams that go undefeated but start outside the rankings might miss out.

I agree. I think it's a crime to keep Northern Illinois out of the BCS hunt, even if they've had an easy schedule. Heck someone on ESPN this morning said they'd put Auburn in the championship over Ohio State if both those teams win. Ohio state hasn't even lost, come on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad