OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Why? Im mean I get that we are better off right now than if we had signed him to that ludacris contract, but he was still the greatest hitter of a generation and was pretty much directly respobsible for us having one of our most succesfull decades as a franchise.

Everytime I think about pujols, it makes me sad he isnt here anymore. Watching him get relegated to a hapless city and franchise is very disappointing for me personally. Watching him breakdown is even more depressing.

I hold nothing against him. But I don't feel sorry for him. He chose to leave for the money, and quite frankly he made it into the giant circus that it was by acting the way he did.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Yeah I realize that. Look at when I posted that. I was upset that he lost it on such a dinky play.

It was unfortunate, but when you think about it, maybe it was for the best on the no "no hitter" for Wacha, who has had a outstanding rookie season. Read article below, and Hope Wacha doesn't suffer the fate of other Redbird hurlers after they thew a no hitter :

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/cardinals-analysis/2013/9/25/4768720/michael-wacha-no-hitter-broken-up Article by Dan Moore

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It was unfortunate, but when you think about it, maybe it was for the best on the no "no hitter" for Wacha, who has had a outstanding rookie season. Read article below, and Hope Wacha doesn't suffer the fate of other Redbird hurlers after they thew a no hitter :

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/cardinals-analysis/2013/9/25/4768720/michael-wacha-no-hitter-broken-up Article by Dan Moore

That's circumstantial at best though. There are far more pitchers that throw no hitters and continue to be the same pitcher after than those that are negatively effected. I realize the article is just in reference to the cards but im looking at the big picture. I'm not that superstitious.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I missed the first inning last night, but I got to watch Miller pitch in person. Really liked his game.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Want to know the best part? That wasn't even his best stuff last night. Not even close. He was sitting around 90-92, but normally he's sitting around 94-95.

I figured it wasn't, but the way he stuck with it and powered on through was impressive. I think that is the difference between pitchers that flame and fizzle and those that have long-term productivity.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I figured it wasn't, but the way he stuck with it and powered on through was impressive. I think that is the difference between pitchers that flame and fizzle and those that have long-term productivity.

Exactly. The amazing part is that is definitely an organizational standard. We've seen the same thing god knows how many times from guys like Waino and Carp.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Now that I think about, did anyone notice how efficient Miller and Wacha pitch? They take just seconds before their next pitch, while I've noticed that Lynn and Westbrook take up to 30 seconds.

Don't really no if it matters or not, just a cool observation I've noticed when not watching hockey.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Waino and Carp are like that too. Normally the top pitchers work fast, where as games with Suppan and Westbrook take forever.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Now that I think about, did anyone notice how efficient Miller and Wacha pitch? They take just seconds before their next pitch, while I've noticed that Lynn and Westbrook take up to 30 seconds.

Don't really no if it matters or not, just a cool observation I've noticed when not watching hockey.

As far as being efficient in between pitches Miller is very good. He needs work on being more efficient with his pitch count though. But IMO, without a doubt the guy that works the quickest is Maness.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Rams game almost here! Expectations for tonight?

I'm quite confident that we can get this done. Just put down rather a large bet on Bradford to throw more than 250.5 yards.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don't share your optimism Alklha :laugh: I'd bet Bradford throws for more than 250, but I really don't think we're going to win this game. San Fran knows that their hopes of a division title can take a HUGE hit if they fall to 1-3. I don't think they'll let that happen. I expect a pretty rough game from the Rams. I think I've just been conditioned to expect the worst from the Rams. :laugh: It'd be a great win if they can pull it off. Maybe it will even propel them into something unthinkable, like winning a game on the road?!!? Lol. Sorry to be so pessimistic. I just can't help it with this team. They seem to always find a way to frustrate me.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Our pass D is horrific, but the 49'ers looked beat up against the Colts and now the short week. We probably don't have the running game to take full advantage of that though. We certainly aren't going to win if we give them a free 20 yards at the start of every drive.

But you are right about frustrations with the team, which is why they'll find a way to win. 1-3 we know the season is largely over already... 2-2 prolongs the frustration for longer :laugh:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Bradford has made a lot of bad decisions tonight, which is only going to continue this season if we can't run the ball at all.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Bradford has made a lot of bad decisions tonight, which is only going to continue this season if we can't run the ball at all.

I hardly blame him for the interception. Bradford has made some bad choices but ultimately his yardage and TD total has been pretty solid this year. I've been quite pleased with him this year.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Agreed, I've got no problems with Bradford this season, he is growing into a very good player. He was in a bad position the last couple of years, now he has a bit more protection and the receivers group has got a little better and the running game just destroys any potential benefit.

This half just needs to end already.

Zuerlein would have made that kick :laugh:

GrandPapillon*

This is why St. Louis is a baseball town. The Cardinals are the 1 team in town that wins and doesn't make horrible personnel decisions (Paajarvi for Perron). Utterly embarrassing for the Rams tonight. That is the type of performance that should lead to several people losing their jobs. They won't because the Rams are a bottom-feeding organization from top to bottom, but they should.

Greatest Show on Turf II or Fastest Show on turf...my ass.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'll agree that it was a disgusting performance, made worse by the fact it dragged on for forever. Our D is a complete joke, it was somewhat hidden last season with their ability to make big plays but that wasn't going to last. Offensively I'm sure we'll hit the 30-40 point range a few times this season, but we're completely one dimensional and will be shut down more often than not. Short week and our prior ability to handle better 49'er teams gave me some wildly misplaced confidence.

Best hope for the season now is that we make steady improvements as we go alone. And that the Redskins continue to suck.

GrandPapillon*

I really don't want to hear anyone calling out Rams fans for not attending games anymore either. When you have a team that puts forth this kind of "effort" that may choose to leave town anyway and drive their clown cars to LA, you can't blame fans in a struggling economy to stay home and the trainwreck on television.

I don't know if it is more Schotty or Bradford, and I really don't care. This should be Sam's last year in St. Louis. If it is on the coordinator, this means that should he be fired, Bradford would be on his 4th coordinator and playbook since entering the league. Not exactly a recipe for success. Best case scenario, Rams get 2 top 10 picks and get a tackle that can stay healthy for 16 games and block someone and Boyd from Clemson who can run an offense in today's NFL.

I also don't want to hear another single word on how the Rams are in better hands than before. Quick and Pead are looking like 2 huge swings and misses in the 2nd round. Not acceptable for a team that needs help filling as many holes as possible.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I really don't want to hear anyone calling out Rams fans for not attending games anymore either. When you have a team that puts forth this kind of "effort" that may choose to leave town anyway and drive their clown cars to LA, you can't blame fans in a struggling economy to stay home and the trainwreck on television.

I don't know if it is more Schotty or Bradford, and I really don't care. This should be Sam's last year in St. Louis. If it is on the coordinator, this means that should he be fired, Bradford would be on his 4th coordinator and playbook since entering the league. Not exactly a recipe for success. Best case scenario, Rams get 2 top 10 picks and get a tackle that can stay healthy for 16 games and block someone and Boyd from Clemson who can run an offense in today's NFL.

Bradford does not have the tools to be an NFL quarterback. He's no threat to do.... anything. He's no deep threat, no run threat...??? There's no way he leads any team to (only) 9 or 10 wins a season.

RGIII and less a few players at least gives you a shot to win a few games.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
This Rams team is way worse than I imagined. I had a 7-8 win season for them in my mind, but hey we might get two top 10 draft picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad