OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
If you have to lose a no hitter at that point then you at least want them to get the ball into the outfield. Just a crappy way to lose it, but obviously an outstanding outing for him.

What is the preference for the NLDS? Dodgers or Pirates/Reds?

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
If you have to lose a no hitter at that point then you at least want them to get the ball into the outfield. Just a crappy way to lose it, but obviously an outstanding outing for him.

What is the preference for the NLDS? Dodgers or Pirates/Reds?

Red or Pirates, most will say reds due to our record vs pittsburgh, but I don't think either are built to win.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Red or Pirates, most will say reds due to our record vs pittsburgh, but I don't think either are built to win.

We're going to be playing the dodgers. We can't play the reds/pirates because you can't play a team in your division in the NLDS. Unless I'm mistaken about that rule. Braves get the wild card team anyway.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'd basically agree. Cincinnati have been to the postseason a couple of times in the past few years and haven't managed to win a series and the Pirates are even more inexperienced. As much as I like Holliday, any time I think of playing the Dodgers I remember his attempt to catch that fly ball a few seasons ago that led to the sweep...

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
We're going to be playing the dodgers. We can't play the reds/pirates because you can't play a team in your division in the NLDS. Unless I'm mistaken about that rule. Braves get the wild card team anyway.

Haven't heard that rule, but I'm pretty sure yanks played the orioles in the ALDS last year.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It was a rule, but I'm pretty sure they scrapped it when they brought in the new wildcard playoff game.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I'd basically agree. Cincinnati have been to the postseason a couple of times in the past few years and haven't managed to win a series and the Pirates are even more inexperienced. As much as I like Holliday, any time I think of playing the Dodgers I remember his attempt to catch that fly ball a few seasons ago that led to the sweep...

People are gonna hold that against him for awhile, even though it was a way tougher play than it appeared. The dodgers fans were all waving white towels and that obviously had an affect on how he read the ball.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
whats more impressive to you guys, wachas performance tonight or millers one hitter at the beginning of the season?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
whats more impressive to you guys, wachas performance tonight or millers one hitter at the beginning of the season?

Both amazing, but I still think Miller's game was a bit more impressive. 27 straight hitters out. No walks, no errors, nothing. 27 straight. That's a perfect game. The only hit they got was a jam shot flare over the 2B's head. Damn I wish Wacha could've finished this one out.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Wacha pitched amazing last night but it was Miller hands down. Technically it wasn't a perfect game but for all intents and purposes it was. He set down 27 in a row. That's absolutely incredible.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
C'mon, man, It wasn't a throwing error! 1st the ball grazed ever so slightly off Wach's glove, Adam's foot came off the bag plain and simple,Craig streaches and gets that throw and stays on the bag for the Bang bang play IMO so yes Adams can stand to lose some wight in the offseason. Still a outstanding pitching performance for Wachca no reason to hang your head, Redbirds closer to winning the division.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
C'mon, man, It wasn't a throwing error! 1st the ball grazed ever so slightly off Wach's glove, Adam's foot came off the bag plain and simple,Craig streaches and gets that throw and stays on the bag for the Bang bang play IMO so yes Adams can stand to lose some wight in the offseason. Still a outstanding pitching performance for Wachca no reason to hang your head, Redbirds closer to winning the division.

Yeah I realize that. Look at when I posted that. I was upset that he lost it on such a dinky play.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm upset too, but boy I was cheered up after hearing Wacha's interview. Not only can the guy speak well, he seemed so happy and cheerful even though he didn't get the no-no. True class act guy.

I wouldn't have blamed him for being upset, but he's showing a lot of maturity. I think he is going to be the ace up our sleeve in the playoffs.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I didn't think there was any way in hell Shelby would make it into the seventh after that first inning he had. He did a great job today. That's back to back excellent start by rookies.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Totally forgot we got Wacha thanks to Pujols. Man, I'm so glad he's gone.

Why? Im mean I get that we are better off right now than if we had signed him to that ludacris contract, but he was still the greatest hitter of a generation and was pretty much directly respobsible for us having one of our most succesfull decades as a franchise.

Everytime I think about pujols, it makes me sad he isnt here anymore. Watching him get relegated to a hapless city and franchise is very disappointing for me personally. Watching him breakdown is even more depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad