OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
What do you guys think of a movie quote game? Gentlemen's agreement to not Google anything, of course.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
This is going to be hard. I can't place the quote but I have this gut Star Wars instinct. Sounds like something Han Solo would say.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
This is going to be hard. I can't place the quote but I have this gut Star Wars instinct. Sounds like something Han Solo would say.

I read it in the knight's voice from The Last Crusade, oddly enough.

I looked it up...Would have never guessed it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
"It will come out....no more."

"WHAT? WHAT WILL COME OUT NO MORE?!"

I know this scene damnit! I can't think of the title of the movie, though. Ahhhhhh.....I will NOT look it up.

EDIT: Definitely got it! I'm not sure how this game works, though. Should I answer it, or let more people see it?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I know this scene damnit! I can't think of the title of the movie, though. Ahhhhhh.....I will NOT look it up.

EDIT: Definitely got it! I'm not sure how this game works, though. Should I answer it, or let more people see it?
Go ahead and answer it. First come, first serve.

In before Big Trouble in Little China. Hah!

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Inconceivable!

Ah yes. I was once playing poker with this guy and I learned he was a major producer for Castle Rock. I'm like, look, I have to ask, it's been bugging me for 20 years. At the end of the movie Inigo Montoya has fulfilled a lifelong, all-consuming quest, and he asks this powerful, important question to the effect of having been in the revenge business so long, now that he's got it what will he do with his life. And they laugh it off like, oh, you'll be the next Dread Pirate Roberts. And it always bugged me, and I asked him why they cheaped out on that answer. He didn't really have a good explanation, something about it needing a light moment there. I suggested maybe it needed to be a whole second movie just to answer that question and that's where we left it.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Ah yes. I was once playing poker with this guy and I learned he was a major producer for Castle Rock. I'm like, look, I have to ask, it's been bugging me for 20 years. At the end of the movie Inigo Montoya has fulfilled a lifelong, all-consuming quest, and he asks this powerful, important question to the effect of having been in the revenge business so long, now that he's got it what will he do with his life. And they laugh it off like, oh, you'll be the next Dread Pirate Roberts. And it always bugged me, and I asked him why they cheaped out on that answer. He didn't really have a good explanation, something about it needing a light moment there. I suggested maybe it needed to be a whole second movie just to answer that question and that's where we left it.
I hope you took him to the cleaners at the table. I really enjoy that movie, but that's definitely one spot where they could have done a bit more.

Well done, btw.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I hope you took him to the cleaners at the table. I really enjoy that movie, but that's definitely one spot where they could have done a bit more.

Well done, btw.

Not well done. You kinda gave it to me. I mean, "Inconceivable" should be immediate for many. And as I recall he took himself to the cleaners. It was one Saturday night at the Bike in April 2008.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
^^I see the white text. You're not fooling anyone :P

Big Trouble in Little China. I'll go with an easy one because I'm too tired to think of a tough one.

"May I have 10,000 marbles, please?"

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Not well done. You kinda gave it to me. I mean, "Inconceivable" should be immediate for many. And as I recall he took himself to the cleaners. It was one Saturday night at the Bike in April 2008.
Nice memory. Great asset for a poker player.

Yeah, that was a pretty significant tip, but I felt bad about the subtlety of the original quote. Nobody every remembers the conversation between the grandson and the grandpa. I should have tied in the part about it having sports, but the transition into the game from CarvinSigX's question was too perfect without it.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
No, this movie did not win Best Picture (though in retrospect it most obviously should have).

I didn't think any of his friends were named Lance. I think I'm on the right track though, at least with the setting.

Edit: Nope, way off. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad