Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
oh yes, the token "ITS EARLY ACCESS/ALPHA/BETA" excuse. That excuse worked so well for DayZ! Look at it now. The reason FN is 100x more popular than PUBG is because the devs arnt incompetent and they support their game 100x better.

U think us adults really enjoy playin Looney Tunes Battle royale? HELL NO we dont, its cause there is literally zero other MP games worth playing. U either play with the kids in the germ infested FN ballpits or u play buggy broken games made by terrible early access devs who take the money and run off with it. ill take the germ infested ballpit game over a game with massive desync and god awful hit detection where you spend 30 minutes looting b/c the looting system is tedious and slow. then you die to some nice desync.

if only we could get SOCOM 1/2 or VANILLA WOW again. sad to see how GARBAGE mp gaming is now, every game is the same.

I'm an adult and I'd totally play an actual Looney Tunes Battle Royale game :dunno: But as for Vanilla WoW, Blizzard is supposedly bringing it back. No time frame that I have heard, but they did announce it. I played a ton of Vanilla WoW. Killed Rag, Nef for what would have been AoTC and got through 3/4 of AQ40. I have zero interest in going back outside of nostalgia. Its going to be so terrible for anyone but griefers without the quality of life improvements (flying, phasing, multiple leveling zones, etc). The gankers will love it cause they'll have a bunch of mountless 30-somethings stuck in STV to annoy. But for me, no thanks.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I'm an adult and I'd totally play an actual Looney Tunes Battle Royale game :dunno: But as for Vanilla WoW, Blizzard is supposedly bringing it back. No time frame that I have heard, but they did announce it. I played a ton of Vanilla WoW. Killed Rag, Nef for what would have been AoTC and got through 3/4 of AQ40. I have zero interest in going back outside of nostalgia. Its going to be so terrible for anyone but griefers without the quality of life improvements (flying, phasing, multiple leveling zones, etc). The gankers will love it cause they'll have a bunch of mountless 30-somethings stuck in STV to annoy. But for me, no thanks.
WoW Classic isn't going to be released until they know how they're doing with BfA. It would've made sense to release it if they had it ready in the spring as the content lull waiting for the new expac to drop would've made it feasible for even causal players putting time into Classic. If either of the two big new features in island expeditions and warfronts fall flat, and AP farming is similar to early Legion, a lot of people will burn out and subs will drop. Blizzard will probably release Classic as soon as they can if they see a sizable drop in sub count, otherwise, I'd expect it to be released either next summer as they'll likely adjust their WoW patch cycle to accommodate the initial dip players switching to Classic.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This Chevy pop up ad makes me hate Chevy so much that I would never buy a Chevy as long as I live. I can’t even stand the sight of a Chevy due to it. I have to close the MFing ad every time I click on a page.

Reactions: Memento

Boyesfan

Feb 4, 2008
I think it is time for the Cards to tear everything down and rebuild. I just can't see this team ever competing for a championship with how its constructed.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I think it is time for the Cards to tear everything down and rebuild. I just can't see this team ever competing for a championship with how its constructed.

They can't really. They need to move some veterans out and unfortunately, eat some of that money. I know DeWitt doesn't like doing that but Holland, Cecil, and Gregerson just need to be let go. That clears three bullpen spots. The starting rotation looks like it's in solid hands for now. Martinez, Mikolas, Flaherty, Gomber, Hudson, Weaver, Hicks (potentially), Gant, Poncedeleon, etc. You also have Reyes that if you can get healthy, still possesses an electric arm. I think there's also pitching farther down the line.

As far as position players, I know it's hindsight, but I kind of wish now that Ozuna wasn't traded for by the Cardinals. I think Alcantara and Sierra would have been good here. That being said, I think you trade Pham, Ozuna, Norris, and Jose Martinez. Load up on some more prospects. Then you package some of your depth of outfielders with a few of the cost controlled pitching and get a couple young, good players. The Cardinals have a wealth of good young pitching and a wealth of outfielders. O'Neill and Mercado can't stay down in the minors forever. Bader shouldn't be riding the bench.

I think they need one or two true middle of the order bats and they could compete again within a couple years.

Boyesfan

Feb 4, 2008
They can't really. They need to move some veterans out and unfortunately, eat some of that money. I know DeWitt doesn't like doing that but Holland, Cecil, and Gregerson just need to be let go. That clears three bullpen spots. The starting rotation looks like it's in solid hands for now. Martinez, Mikolas, Flaherty, Gomber, Hudson, Weaver, Hicks (potentially), Gant, Poncedeleon, etc. You also have Reyes that if you can get healthy, still possesses an electric arm. I think there's also pitching farther down the line.

As far as position players, I know it's hindsight, but I kind of wish now that Ozuna wasn't traded for by the Cardinals. I think Alcantara and Sierra would have been good here. That being said, I think you trade Pham, Ozuna, Norris, and Jose Martinez. Load up on some more prospects. Then you package some of your depth of outfielders with a few of the cost controlled pitching and get a couple young, good players. The Cardinals have a wealth of good young pitching and a wealth of outfielders. O'Neill and Mercado can't stay down in the minors forever. Bader shouldn't be riding the bench.

I think they need one or two true middle of the order bats and they could compete again within a couple years.

The thing I'm scared of is that if they don't tear it down all at once you will have a pitching staff that is in it's prime and position players who are too young to contribute. I would like to move Martinez (if he comes back healthy) and Mikolas. I would also want to move Carpenter now while his value is so high. There really isn't a position player on the team right now I wouldn't move.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
The thing I'm scared of is that if they don't tear it down all at once you will have a pitching staff that is in it's prime and position players who are too young to contribute. I would like to move Martinez (if he comes back healthy) and Mikolas. I would also want to move Carpenter now while his value is so high. There really isn't a position player on the team right now I wouldn't move.

Oh, I totally see where you coming from and I don't entirely disagree. I just see enough good young position players on this team to build around, along with some good young pitching. Martinez could absolutely go if you're getting back a young all-star middle of the order bat. He's a very good pitcher who's already cost-controlled for three more years. That could be a huge return.

I wouldn't move Mikolas as he's good value and has been a really good pitcher. You won't be back in the playoffs next year, but you can compete. Plus, I think he's a fun loving dude who's good for the younger pitchers to learn from, kind of like Wainwright. As far as Carpenter, I've mentioned moving him before and many don't like that idea. His value will probably never be higher, so now would be the time to get some good prospects for him. I'd also move Ozuna, J. Martinez, and Pham. I think Wong will flourish under a different manager. If they can get a truly good defensive shortstop, then you move DeJong to third where his power plays and his defense is probably better. You have O'Neill and Bader that you can put in the outfield with Fowler, because let's be honest, you're probably stuck with Fowler. The only thing you're missing then is a 1st baseman. I'd hope the Cardinals would have picked one up during all their wheeling and dealing.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
Elledge looks like a decent prospect, 10th in the Mariners' system.

Happy to see Hudson get the call up and no more Holland or Lyons.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Kind of surprised they moved Tui, still only 25 and having a solid season. This prospect sounds like a Cardinals pitcher though, hard throwing sinkerballer.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Pham traded to the Rays for Justin Williams, Genesis Cabrera & Roel Ramirez.

That is a pretty underwhelming return considering that Pham is under control for another 4 years.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
Pham traded to the Rays for Justin Williams, Genesis Cabrera & Roel Ramirez.

That is a pretty underwhelming return considering that Pham is under control for another 4 years.

Cards wanted a LHB so they got Williams, the rest are meh... we will see what they do the rest of the day.. seems like we are sellers instead of buyers.. and I do agree feels like we got hosed a little... maybe if we bring in Archer for a little less than expected it will be a wash...

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I don’t know anything about any of those prospects from the Rays tbh. But the Cardinals seem to be turning to youth to ride out the season which is good I think. I’d imagine O’Neil will get pretty regular playing time for the rest of the year. They clearly weren’t much of a threat to do anything this season. Try and figure out what the plan is for the offseason and get this thing turned around.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I have a feeling the Cardinals will be moving more players in the off-season or maybe the waiver deadline in August. I do wonder if they'll try to and move a veteran player.

Greg Amsinger on MLB Network said they should possibly look into trading Molina and Carpenter. I would possibly trade Carpenter if there was a good enough return. Molina needs and deserves to retire as a Cardinal unless he wants to go to a contender his last year.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Seems like they were targeting to get more left handed hitters in their system. Pham was too up and down and epitomized Cards baseball lately. I think we got an influx of quality and quantity with these trades.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Bader has been nearly as bad at the plate vs righties. I dont disagree, but Bader isnt the everyday answer either.
His defense is elite, he's Kevin Kiermaier. He'd be just over a 6 WAR player with 600 plate appearances. He's 3rd in WAR behind Carpenter and Mikolas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad