GDT: Blues @ Flames, 7:00PM on Sportsnet(West) & Fan960

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I don't know what you guys are talking about, Combs looks like he might break out

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Frankly, with how the Flames played the first period, a 5-2 score is flattering.

And Hartley needs to take it easy on the line juggling. When you get a winning lineup, he should stick with it a little longer, instead of the constant turnaround in lineup rotations we see every game.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Frankly, with how the Flames played the first period, a 5-2 score is flattering.

And Hartley needs to take it easy on the line juggling. When you get a winning lineup, he should stick with it a little longer, instead of the constant turnaround in lineup rotations we see every game.

Heh, remember when Butters rolled the same lines when we had that 9 game losing streak a couple of years ago

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We have something very special in Brodie. He might even be a top pairing defensemen one day

I agree he is an excellent young player. I think his path will follow a similar path as Gio's career but I really believe Brodie has a higher ceiling.

This game was a complete stinker in the 1st and it was over after 15 minutes. The Flames need to forget about it, move on and hope for some NHL goaltending going forward.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Avs fan coming in peace. I'm from calgary and have a soft spot for the flames. I've watched most of the games and honestly the biggest issue with the flames is they got no identity. Every player is different and it's it's hard to tell what kind of team they are. I think they should seriously just blow it up and trade away they're big assets. If feaster was smart, he'd go after O'Reilly from the avs and start the rebuild around him. He's the type of guy you build a team around and I honestly can't think of a better way to start a rebuild. I hate losing him from the avs standpoint but unfortunately it looks like its going to happen. The flames are probably going to have to pay a premium but it'll be worth it the long run. I hope it happens, it's sucks trading him to a division rival but the guy is a real gem and feaster should be all over him. Him and Beartshi on the same line would really be something.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Avs fan coming in peace. I'm from calgary and have a soft spot for the flames. I've watched most of the games and honestly the biggest issue with the flames is they got no identity. Every player is different and it's it's hard to tell what kind of team they are. I think they should seriously just blow it up and trade away they're big assets. If feaster was smart, he'd go after O'Reilly from the avs and start the rebuild around him. He's the type of guy you build a team around and I honestly can't think of a better way to start a rebuild. I hate losing him from the avs standpoint but unfortunately it looks like its going to happen. The flames are probably going to have to pay a premium but it'll be worth it the long run. I hope it happens, it's sucks trading him to a division rival but the guy is a real gem and feaster should be all over him. Him and Beartshi on the same line would really be something.

Going after O'Reilly would most likely require our 1st round pick (unless you want one of our aging veterans). I just don't see us being good trade partners on this one. Giordano maybe comes to mind but he won't be enough to get it done. Bottom line, I don't want this team to give up any of the future and seeing as the price will be higher for us than say eastern teams, I think I would pass. He is a fantastic player though.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Going after O'Reilly would most likely require our 1st round pick (unless you want one of our aging veterans). I just don't see us being good trade partners on this one. Giordano maybe comes to mind but he won't be enough to get it done. Bottom line, I don't want this team to give up any of the future and seeing as the price will be higher for us than say eastern teams, I think I would pass. He is a fantastic player though.

Let's say the flames trade Iggy and get some picks and a good prospect. They can then package that prospect with gio to colorado. They can get it done if they want to.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Bah. Every time we have a good opportunity to get close to a playoff spot, we blow it. Seriously, how long has it been since this team was in a playoff spot period? Unreal. Too bad Feaster is still probably drinking the Kool-Aid thinking this team is capable of consistent performance. That, or he is being manipulated by the owners (which is arguably worse, because you can atleast fire a GM).

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If Gio wasn't enough, I'd pass on ROR. He is FAR, FAR to unknown at this point to pay more. Let us not forget, this is HF and only here are sexy prospects worth far more than a proven top pairing dman.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
If Gio wasn't enough, I'd pass on ROR. He is FAR, FAR to unknown at this point to pay more. Let us not forget, this is HF and only here are sexy prospects worth far more than a proven top pairing dman.

ROR is a future selke winner trust me. Worth much more than gio.

Last edited:

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site

Man Giordano is so overrated around here.

In what Universe is Giordano a top pairing defencemen?

To me Gio is a 3-4 tweener.

Not saying that he shouldn't be an attractive piece to the Ave's

and the Ave's have said they want a roster player and a top prospect.

So a high draft pick doesn't necessarily have to be included.

I'm not willing to give up one of the real high end Gem's like Gaudreau, Jankowski, or Baerstchi.

But I'd be all over:

Giordano
Reinhart
Brossoit/Gilles
4th

for

O'Reilly
7th

something along those lines.

You've gotta think the Ave's probably have reasonably significant offers from 10-12 teams. The fact is Centremen are hard to come by. And if the Ave's had the above offer on the table vs the other dozen offers, I'm not so sure I'd take what Calgary is offering. But if I'm the Flames I'd atleast try

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Christ, people want to give more for O'Reilly than the Flames would get for trading Iginla. If the asking price of O'Reilly is more than a 1st or 2nd plus a decent prospect then I would walk away.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
I know I had an argument with a few guys about Irving last game.... but he's done. MacDonald will start next game, no doubt about it. Irving is simply not good enough to start for this team. His fault? No. **** garbage defences fault? Absolutely. But it is what it is.

I don't expect to see Irving to play another game in a Flames uniform. And it depresses me, big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad