GDT: Blues @ Flames, 7:00PM on Sportsnet(West) & Fan960

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I know I had an argument with a few guys about Irving last game.... but he's done. MacDonald will start next game, no doubt about it. Irving is simply not good enough to start for this team. His fault? No. **** garbage defences fault? Absolutely. But it is what it is.

I don't expect to see Irving to play another game in a Flames uniform. And it depresses me, big time.

I am still hopeful of Irving. I watches Hartley's presser and the change from Irving to MacDonald was to spur on the team. He even said that they should not even talk about the goalies since the team did not even give them a chance to win.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I know I had an argument with a few guys about Irving last game.... but he's done. MacDonald will start next game, no doubt about it. Irving is simply not good enough to start for this team. His fault? No. **** garbage defences fault? Absolutely. But it is what it is.

I don't expect to see Irving to play another game in a Flames uniform. And it depresses me, big time.

It won't be his last game, we got a couple back to backs coming so he'll prob get one of those. It is Macdonald chance to shine now, and if he does well we could see the end of Irving

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I guess our goalie situation is a lot worse than we all previously thought. Seems to be a deep system, that has no one that can step right up however.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Irving is far from the problem. He will be in next game. Our d **** the bed last night. Plain and simple.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
ROR is a future selke winner trust me. Worth much more than gio.

You have no idea how GM's value Gio as compared to ROR, so this is speculation on your part. I know that Gio is a 40-50pt dman, signed to a good contract, can QB a PP, and plays both ends of the rink very well.

ROR is a great young center who should only get better, but he's never shown to be a prolific scorer. He had excellent numbers last season given where he is in his development, but how much better is he going to get? I see ROR as an elite #2C in this league, who can hopefully be comparable to M. Richards or Kesler, but in no way is it certain he will reach that level.

I'd offer up Gio, and my offer would end there.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
You have no idea how GM's value Gio as compared to ROR, so this is speculation on your part. I know that Gio is a 40-50pt dman, signed to a good contract, can QB a PP, and plays both ends of the rink very well.

ROR is a great young center who should only get better, but he's never shown to be a prolific scorer. He had excellent numbers last season given where he is in his development, but how much better is he going to get? I see ROR as an elite #2C in this league, who can hopefully be comparable to M. Richards or Kesler, but in no way is it certain he will reach that level.

I'd offer up Gio, and my offer would end there.

Where was Kessler when he was 21? He's wasn't he close to ROR's level. He can only get better from here. The hnic guys said yesterday they would take him 2nd overall if the 2009 draft was redone today. That's a little over the top but I would defy take him #5 after JT Hedman Duchene and OEL. So that just tells you how valuable this guy is and how much room the guy has to grow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad