GDT: Blues @ Flames, 7:00PM on Sportsnet(West) & Fan960

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Guys?

Apparently there is another game tonight.

:blues (7-5-1) @ :flames (4-4-3)

Preview (from Yahoo)
The Calgary Flames are without their starting goaltender and the St. Louis Blues are unsure about the status of theirs.

Both teams also excel on the power play heading into their first meeting of the season Friday night in Calgary.

The Flames (4-4-3) remain without Miikka Kiprusoff, who may not return until after this month due to a sprained knee ligament. Leland Irving has taken his place.

St. Louis (7-5-1) is unsure when Jaroslav Halak will return. Halak is listed as day to day after missing the last five games with a groin strain, and coach Ken Hitchcock gave rookie Jake Allen his first career start over a struggling Brian Elliott in Wednesday's 4-3 overtime victory at Detroit.

Neither team will want their goalies to see too much of their opponents' power plays Friday. These are the Western Conference's best teams with the man advantage, with St. Louis a league-leading 34.7 percent and Calgary at 27.5.

Both have also had trouble on the penalty kill, with the Blues at 77.6 percent and the Flames at 72.5. Calgary hasn't left that unit exposed much, averaging a league-low nine penalty minutes.

Flames Starting Lineup (Based on last game):

Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Horak - Iginla
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Jackman - Jones - Comeau

Bouwmeester - Giordano
Brodie - Wideman
Smith - Babchuk

Irving

Blues Starting Lineup (As per Blues GDT):

Perron - Backes - Oshie
McDonald - Steen - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Berglund - Stewart
Sobokta - Nichol - Reaves

Cole - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Russell - Polak

Allen

iginla-jarome-111128-6col.jpg

142561015.jpg

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Defense has gotta be a lot better than they were against the Stars. So does Irving. I sure don't expect us to score 7 goals tonight.

That being said, I wouldn't say no to another 7 goal outburst. Most likely to be a one or two-goal game though. 3-1 or 3-2 (hopefully for the Flames) if I had to guess.

GFG!

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Important game, we need to start gaining ground now and this is a team we are chasing . I hope Iggy and Cammy can continue their recent success into this game

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
These are the type of teams we are going to have to be able to beat if we make the playoffs anyway, so I hope the Flames take this one seriously. It will be close if the Flames play well.

The Defenders and Irving need to be sharp tonight, and we are going to need production from the top-9 as St. Louis has a deep forward core like ours.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
We can def win this one, should come down to a coaching battle and Blues aren't respecting Hitchcock's system lately. As long as Leland is solid we take this one 5-2.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Cammalleri and Iginla aren't skating this morning and the team is not doing line rushes so we won't get any accurate line predictions.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Got a break the win one, lose one, lose one in s/o or o/t pattern. Need to put a streak together of 3 or 4 wins in a row.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
2 - 2 going into OT... Anyones game.

I'm hoping we see a "countdown record" after tonight! 5-4-3, instead of a flat 4-4-4. :)

I have a feeling before the night is up we will see Iggy and Cammy on the same line working their magic! Go Flames Go!!!!

JustChatting

Apr 14, 2012
Flames will go up 2-0 early and then St Louis will have a strong second period but the Flames will pull it out for a 5-4 victory.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Flames will go up 3, lose the lead in 3 minutes but hopefully win it in OT. 4-3 :)

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Another good test for the Flames. If playoffs are the goal, they need to beat teams like St.Louis.

GFG!!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Another good test for the Flames. If playoffs are the goal, they need to beat teams like St.Louis.

GFG!!
Sorry this is off topic, but how do I upload a picture by my name like everyone else seems to have?

fallsviewafro*

Defense has gotta be a lot better than they were against the Stars. So does Irving. I sure don't expect us to score 7 goals tonight.

That being said, I wouldn't say no to another 7 goal outburst. Most likely to be a one or two-goal game though. 3-1 or 3-2 (hopefully for the Flames) if I had to guess.

GFG!

If Elliot is in net = 7 goal game for us again. He is unspeakably bad and Irving will have no problem outclassing him.

Tonight Iginla plays in his 1200th game.

:yo:

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
We need our defence to play better and tighter this game. Also Tanguay needs to stay out of the box.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hit "User CP" on the top left of the menu bar above, and "edit avatar" in the menu along the left side of the screen.

:teach:

For tonight, I predict the following:

Thank you, I just made something and I think it might look nice there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00