Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Fish :: Early Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
ROR lost his man brutally.
Parayko had the puck and easily could’ve skated it behind the net to reset and get on his forehand. Instead he tried to force it up the boards through two guys on his back hand, they play it down low, in front, goal. That’s on Parayko and it’s becoming a habit of Parayko.

Reactions: Xerloris and Bendak

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
Allen overcommits everything. That has always been an issue. Even that SOTY-candidate save he had against the flames when he was a rookie or sophomore was a result of him overcommitting. Maybe now h less athletic and slower on his reflex that it has become more obvious.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wow! They play almost ALL the PK well, and then fall apart and can't clear when they had the chance, and give one up with 6 seconds left in the penalty, and then have that same problem 5 on 5 at then end of the period, and give up another with 25 seconds left. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems that a LOT of times this season (actually the past 3-4 years) The Blues seem to relax and lower their intensity near the end of PKs and periods, somehow thinking that the end is really near, so no need to waste energy. That's NOT the attitude of a team dedicated to playing their best and winning. That shows the difference between an ordinary team and a winner. I was hoping the team would follow O'Reilly's example. So, instead of leading 1-0 after a super forechecking and defensive 1st Period, they not only lost their lead, but are trailing, and the period shows up as a negative. :mad:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I am not counting us out yet. I want to see how we come out in the second. I will say this though. Getting 4/6 points on the west coast trip with the injuries we are dealing with wouldn't be the worst case scenario.

It just kind of sucks because Dallas is staying right with us for that #3 spot.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Sharks are skating fast and passing well. Blues need to relax and make the right plays instead of playing to SJ's level. Tarasenko is out, so this needs to be a smart game, not fancy.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Parayko had the puck and easily could’ve skated it behind the net to reset and get on his forehand. Instead he tried to force it up the boards through two guys on his back hand, they play it down low, in front, goal. That’s on Parayko and it’s becoming a habit of Parayko.
I know how it turned out, but most coaches would strongly prefer to try to chip it out of the zone when you're a handful of feet from the line rather than turn your back to the pressure and carry the puck deep back into your own zone.

Sometimes the "right" play just doesn't work out.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
To win this game we need more attention to details and converting on opportunities.

So far I’m not hopeful.

Reactions: Bendak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad