Blues Discussion Thread 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m 50-50 on Schenn. I wouldn’t break the bank on him, and if he doesn’t want to extend, Id move him. You could get a 1st and a decent prospect for him
If it's up to me, I'd try getting a top 4 LHD for him to shore up the defense. As well as a 1st.

That would solve one of our roster holes. Then we'd just need to find a goalie in the summer and we should be improved at keeping the puck out of our net.

I'm not as concerned with getting a prospect for him. I want a guy that can help now. We have Kyrou and Thomas that should be full-time top 9 players next season anyways to help make up for his loss.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Okay, I just saw posts in this topic and hadn't seen the topic on Schenn in the tradeforums, but I just made a post somewhere else on the Blues forum asking myself if we should be trading Schenn. As I mentioned there: Montreal would seem like a good tradingpartner, but if Vegas offers a first + Hague we should definatly listen.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Ill believe it when I see it
A lot of really crappy players have won Cups. If crappy players can win Cups, then really good players certainly can as well.

It's all about being on the right team at the right time. If the Blues haven't put together the right team yet, that's not necessarily Pietrangelo's and Tarasenko's fault.

Reactions: Brian39

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A lot of really crappy players have won Cups. If crappy players can win Cups, then really good players certainly can as well.

It's all about being on the right team at the right time. If the Blues haven't put together the right team yet, that's not necessarily Pietrangelo's and Tarasenko's fault.
Yeah, people said the same stuff about Ovechkin. While some of the stars might be better in the playoffs or big moments than other stars, to win a Cup, it takes so many other factors that are simply out of their control.

Reactions: Brian39 and Thallis

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
There are plenty of great posters here that provide so much insight and detail on hockey, that it genuinely becomes a great place to discuss hockey.

And then there are those that want to trade everybody with zero regard for risk analysis.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I was pretty excited about three young forwards making the team out of training camp. I should have tempered my excitement since the three collectively have played 50 games, and scored three goals, one of the three (by Kyrou) being scored late in a blowout loss.

Still, if we see improvement in one or more of these guys, its about the only way we can find something to hope for in this grim season.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

That’s fair, but these 2 guys are supposed to be their top 2 players and carry the team. Just not seeing it

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
There are plenty of great posters here that provide so much insight and detail on hockey, that it genuinely becomes a great place to discuss hockey.

And then there are those that want to trade everybody with zero regard for risk analysis.

I’m usually mr optimistic, but I’m just not seeing it with this group. Just because your trading a player doesn’t mean it’s a downgrade.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
It’s pretty obvious why we suck. Half the team sucks. You arent going to win many games when your top 9 has Steen, Bozak, Perron and Sanford on it and to a lesser extent, Fabbri (coming off 2 ACL’s) and rookies Thomas (who’s been 0k and has a bright future) and Kyrou.

And the D isnt that great and the goalies suck

This is a bottom 5 team and you’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Edit: I think we should completely rebuild. Sell off Petro, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Bozak, Perron and Steen. We’d get a haul for most of those players. and keep this core

ROR, Schenn (id try to extend him) Parayko, Ed, Fabbri, Thomas, Kyrou, Dunn, Sanford, Kostin, , Mikkola, Bortuzzo (great bottom pairing) PLUS a top 5 pick this year

We’d have lots of payroll flexibility too

I just dont think we can win with this current core of softies. No hart, no physicality.

I feel like I remember you being overtly optimistic and tire pumping of this roster in the offseason. Now the roster is trash? I don’t get it.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It’s pretty obvious why we suck. Half the team sucks. You arent going to win many games when your top 9 has Steen, Bozak, Perron and Sanford on it and to a lesser extent, Fabbri (coming off 2 ACL’s) and rookies Thomas (who’s been 0k and has a bright future) and Kyrou.

And the D isnt that great and the goalies suck

This is a bottom 5 team and you’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Edit: I think we should completely rebuild. Sell off Petro, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Bozak, Perron and Steen. We’d get a haul for most of those players. and keep this core

ROR, Schenn (id try to extend him) Parayko, Ed, Fabbri, Thomas, Kyrou, Dunn, Sanford, Kostin, , Mikkola, Bortuzzo (great bottom pairing) PLUS a top 5 pick this year

We’d have lots of payroll flexibility too

I just dont think we can win with this current core of softies. No hart, no physicality.
I mean I'm not exstatic about the likes of Perron and Steen but what's wrong with having them in the top 9? Every team in the league would have them in their top 9. Heck even Bozak. These aren't awful players. They should be available due to salary and age, but if it's not like we're icing players that have no business being there. They do have talent.

hereisnowhy

Oct 18, 2018
1. Contract status.
2. I personally don't think he's that great. Good player but not a game breaker.
3. He could provide a good return.
Someone has to play with some fire on the team, and you’re trading one of a couple that do. Why use him as username if he isn’t that great, btw?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
It's time to rally the troops and pull ourselves up by the bootstraps. Every game is a new opportunity to turn this season around. I'm not giving up hope until all hope is lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LGB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
If it's up to me, I'd try getting a top 4 LHD for him to shore up the defense. As well as a 1st.

That would solve one of our roster holes. Then we'd just need to find a goalie in the summer and we should be improved at keeping the puck out of our net.

I'm not as concerned with getting a prospect for him. I want a guy that can help now. We have Kyrou and Thomas that should be full-time top 9 players next season anyways to help make up for his loss.

I don't see any team trading a 1st and a current top 4 LHD for Schenn (either at the trade deadline this year or over the summer). That's a ton for 1 year of a 2nd line center (who has stretches where plays like a bona-fide top line center). If we can turn Schenn into a "help immediately top 4 LHD" then it is likely a one-for-one swap or a trade that's basically a one-for-one where a low/mid pick goes one way.

A 1st and older D prospect who is capable of turning into a top 4 LHD within a year (or more likely 2) is much more realistic and is a trade I would be fine with if Schenn won't extend. I would want to target a prospect in his 20s though, not a guy who is several years from being an NHL caliber player. I want a guy who is ready to play sheltered/3rd pair NHL minutes right off the bat with room to grow into a top 4 guy.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't see any team trading a 1st and a current top 4 LHD for Schenn (either at the trade deadline this year or over the summer). That's a ton for 1 year of a 2nd line center (who has stretches where plays like a bona-fide top line center). If we can turn Schenn into a "help immediately top 4 LHD" then it is likely a one-for-one swap or a trade that's basically a one-for-one where a low/mid pick goes one way.

A 1st and older D prospect who is capable of turning into a top 4 LHD within a year (or more likely 2) is much more realistic and is a trade I would be fine with if Schenn won't extend. I would want to target a prospect in his 20s though, not a guy who is several years from being an NHL caliber player. I want a guy who is ready to play sheltered/3rd pair NHL minutes right off the bat with room to grow into a top 4 guy.
I think Bruins make a lot of sense for Schenn. They have lots of quality young players/prospects that they could package. We won't get McAvoy or likely DeBrusk, but Lauzon or Zboril on D and then some combination of Studnicka, Bjork, Donato, JFK, and Heinen. This seems preferable to picks who could be years away from helping.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Here's a question if Johnson waiver was partly due to cap reasons, what other moves can blues so to lower the payroll?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

You can't win always can't you?

I don't have patient to go throught these EA fantasy trades when team is sucking this badly Blues fans trades proposals are all over the place, its like laughable mode now in Blues forum.

I like we've pretty nicely growth in this Blues board, couple new members, but 'oldies' who has been quiet long time has arived back. I don't remember when we had this much new threads and activity in generally in Blues board at long time which is always positive.

Tho I hate people create thread when there is already discussion in some other thread about same topic and our mods are sitting in the corner with Blues balls and doesn't do anything. Clearly in our board should go throw clean up. Just saying, but I understand it boys are busy in other things and there is priority in HFboard, but generally they lack of admins who would go throught forums and clean up threads. Ofc you've to be over the top and read what everything has written so out of this board it would be too big task to go throught. I'm just saying. Well this went quite OT.

And I love our mods, they the best one what I've read so I like how they give their own perspect view about things and they know a shit load of things about hockey in generally, coaching and system. Understand this isn't attack just saying thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: notsoglorious
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad