Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ CBJ - Preseason game #4 Away Game

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
How can you put Maroon with ROR - Tarasenko. Maroon was awful last game. He doesn't have legs to play such a high tempo game with ROR and Tarasenko. That line needs legs, so Kyrou, Fabbri or Blais could do that job well.

Maroon fits well 4th line and maybe powerplay and stand front of net, but asking to do more is too much for ask.

How was he awful? Maroon parked in front of the net with ROR and Tarasenko is an ideal situation. Hes also good at protecting the puck down low on the boards which is perfect to create space and generate chances for Tarasenko.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
How can you put Maroon with ROR - Tarasenko. Maroon was awful last game. He doesn't have legs to play such a high tempo game with ROR and Tarasenko. That line needs legs, so Kyrou, Fabbri or Blais could do that job well.

Maroon fits well 4th line and maybe powerplay and stand front of net, but asking to do more is too much for ask.
I'm not as high on Maroon as most are but he brings an element that this team needs. Definitely not sold he's a regular top 6 guy for us though.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ

I'd like to see someone a bit more dynamic on the left side of that line if you're going to keep ROR with Tarasenko as well, but we'll just kind of have to see how it all shakes out.

Reactions: JHockey123

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
How was he awful? Maroon parked in front of the net with ROR and Tarasenko is an ideal situation. Hes also good at protecting the puck down low on the boards which is perfect to create space and generate chances for Tarasenko.
He looks good in about a 10 foot area around the offensive net, and when he's engaged on the boards.

The rest of the time, IMO, he's hovering somewhere between having a negligible impact and being something of a liability, depending on what's happening at the moment.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Schwartz Schenn Perron
Blais OReilly Tarasenko
Fabbri Bozak Steen
Maroon Thomas Kyrou

Just a thought...so many options

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I'm not as high on Maroon as most are but he brings an element that this team needs. Definitely not sold he's a regular top 6 guy for us though.

He makes a 4th line Reaves or Thornburn type player irrelevant. He can play with top lines by simply parking his big rig in front of the net and collecting the trash.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
He makes a 4th line Reaves or Thornburn type player irrelevant. He can play with top lines by simply parking his big rig in front of the net and collecting the trash.
Yeah but thats not the only aspect that's important in today's game. I'm glad we have him. Just not sold he's a top 6 regular on a deep team like this

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
My hope all along has been that Maroon is just keeping that LW spot warm until Fabbri/Kyrou are ready for it. I don’t want him anchored to ROR-Tarasenko long term.

Edit- Poor Fabbri. Lower body isn’t encouraging.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I think you guys forgot how physical game Jaskin brings and I bet Jaskin has more skills to carry to puck and play possession game compare to Maroon. Like I said Maroon is maybe our best 'net front presence' and crack goals that way. I believe using Jaskin that job would work at least some level. We know he had strong spring with Czech team in World Championships games, he played top line minutes with Krejci etc. So if Jaskin also play PK would that make him more useable to team then what Maroon brings.

I won't bash Maroon under the rat rug, but everybody has to fight and earn their spot to team. We have such a strong depth in Blues team now, so we could easily see 2-4 forwards share split regular season games how they perform.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I hope Kerber is right about the team reporting Fabbri’s injury as not something to worry about.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Jaskin snipes on the PP. Great shot. Third time Bob has been beaten high glove.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00