GDT: Blues @ Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Is it even possible that we don't finish this season with Hitchcock? Is it even worth discussing? Who would replace him, and would hat even be a good idea?

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
I'm guessin Kelly and Panger and Bernie are glad they got the nite off for this one.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Paying us back for the Rams beating the Broncos like a drum. I didnt see either of these scores coming. Terrible showing tonight.

For Christmas, I want Elliott back.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't think there's a chance in hell Hitch is fired mid-season. He's Army's guy and right or wrong he's going to stick with Hitch. I would not be surprised to see a trade happen. The big question is when.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I don't think there's a chance in hell Hitch is fired mid-season. He's Army's guy and right or wrong he's going to stick with Hitch. I would not be surprised to see a trade happen. The big question is when.
Why are people even talking about Hitch being fired? Crazy talk. Ridiculous overreaction to a team that is top 4 in its league.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Why are people even talking about Hitch being fired? Crazy talk. Ridiculous overreaction to a team that is top 4 in its league.

I wasn't commenting on whether he should be fired. Just that he wouldn't. There are legitimate arguments for why he should stay, but one could also make a legitimate argument that he should be let go.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Want: Eriksson, Simmonds, Huderdeau, etc. etc.

For Christmas, can we please have a solid 3Lw, a #4 defenseman that can play our #5, the real Alex Pietrangelo, and Elliott back, please?

Jaskin and Lindbohm would be cool, but I'll accept a bigger trade if available.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Since we've heard this last year and the year before, is this the year this reasoning is finally right? I'll give a hint: probably not.

Lovely attitude you have there...

I wasn't saying this last year, or the year before.

My argument is some actual, observable things leading to turn overs or shots against. And then saying that some of the old systems we play, which were once successful, now are not.

Now, if I were making the same argument years ago, would I be saying that its only now that teams have the book on Hitchcock?

Nope. That makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
How can we get rid of him? I dont see any chance that he gets better. He's old and this is typical.

I think we could maybe package him and lindy and a couple picks or something for Luongo at the deadline.

Of course, the risk would be that Luongo doesn't work out in the playoffs and we lose to the Kings in the first round... but then we could just go with a rotation of Ott, Elliott, and Allen in goal for next year... that could be fun:naughty:

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Under Hitch the layers of systems are way too complex. You have to be an Einstein to process the sequential plans of A, B, C, or D. Frankly, not every NHLer can. I like the effectiveness of Bruce Boudreau's simplistic system. Keep it simple stupid!

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013

For Christmas, can we please have a solid 3Lw, a #4 defenseman that can play our #5, the real Alex Pietrangelo, and Elliott back, please?

I hope Florida misses the playoffs so that the blues could pilfer some players from them at the deadline... they have a bunch of players that would fit well with Hitch I think.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
This team has no direction of how it wants to play. Guys look equally confused and heartless. At times, it has seemed more like confusion. There's obviously some grasping in how to utilize our new offensive tools and still be the team that we were last year, but frankly, this team has too many good players to have not figured it out by now.

We can probably bounce out of that before the last 1/3 of the season, but the more alarming trend is that it appears we still lack the mythical killer instinct. Maybe guys like Steen, Backes and Tarasenko have shown some, but the former 2 have failed to channel it throughout the team.

Road record + Record against good teams + ES goals from core players should equal a shift of some sort.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

Why on Earth would you want Eriksson?

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
This team has no direction of how it wants to play. Guys look equally confused and heartless. At times, it has seemed more like confusion. There's obviously some grasping in how to utilize our new offensive tools and still be the team that we were last year, but frankly, this team has too many good players to have not figured it out by now...

What pisses me off is this goes on and nothing gets changed and we all sit around in the summer hoping for some good news. Dan Bylsma was not a bad coach but got $Â¥!+ canned because of playoff failings. Hitch doesn't make it past the first round and life goes on. I want a freaken cup not a crony coach. If Hitch can't change the way he coaches then he needs to go. If waiting till the end of the year is fair and respectful then we have a very charitable organization.

Will see how happy you guys are in May.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
As an Avs fan that was a fun win, but it's pretty obvious that the teams that are comfortably in a playoff spot have checked out for the holidays. It's no surprise the Blues being at the top played like they would like to get to the break without injuries, while the Avs are clinging to stay out of the McDavid sweepstakes. Looking around the league, it's pretty obvious what games were meaningless to certain teams. I envision the score being flipped back in St. Louis in the 29th.

Happy Holidays Blues fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad