GDT: Blues @ Avs | Paul Stastny Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Honestly no one on the Blues really stood out, which is usually a bad thing, but in this case, it's very pleasing.

No one player or line dominated the game, but it was more of a combined effort to dictate play. Every line had their moment and all really played well. I guess by RR10's definition, no one played great, but everyone played pretty well. In fact, this was the hardest game in the season to decide on the top 3 stars because everyone was pretty much on the same level tonight.

...now if we can just get Steen, Pietrangelo and a few others, to join in on some target practice, and we would be getting somewhere.

...also if we can get Schwartz and Lehtera to start shooting the puck instead of acting like Tarasenko's pitching machines, that wouldn't hurt either...

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Pietro is playing against tough opponent and Shattery gets sheltered minutes. Hold your horses. I think Pietro played well, only those couple missed open wide scoring changes was bad for him.

Need to say this, but Jackman was preetty good tonight. He was gritty, give hard hits and moved puck fast enough. Maybe d-mans got easier forecheck compare to Nashville/Chicago, but still decent game for Jackman. He still got that vision to give good passes on o-zone like we saw on OT. Overall I liked how our d-mans played tonight. No strange plays d-zone and they feed forwards when they were on high speed and we didnt see that forwards get puck when they are standing.

I think my point still stands

Shattenkirk is more offensively productive, thus more likely to get the Norris than Pietro, at this point.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
Attaboy Osh.

Glad they pulled this one out. Would have been a tough one to swallow had they lost. Definitely were the better team on the ice for the majority of the game.

I have to say I was impressed with the Avs goalie. Guess it shouldn't be too surprising considering their coach but he was very strong tonight.

Thought the Blues might have been looking ahead to Tuesday when they face Los Angeles. Glad that wasn't the case.

I got in late on watching but thanks to the invention of DVR. His name is Calvin Pickard.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
There are no easy shots for Blues players.

Sometimes (most times) I wish you'd root for a different team so you could post your crap there. They scored 16 goals, in the 3 games leading up to this one, that's pretty good imo. Your nothing is ever good enough mentality is getting rather tiresome.

Reactions: BadNewsBlues

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
He's got an extremely mild curve.

He even whiffed huge trying to clear the puck on one of those late PK's. For such a big guy, who is the #1 D on our team, he sure does have a cream puff of a shot. Is he allowing is wrists to break or turnover to early, is that why his shooting accuracy has been so awful? Dude has taken 93 shots (I wonder how many more he's taken that haven't been recorded because they were nowhere close to the net) and his shooting % is a whopping 3.2% :shakehead

Reactions: BadNewsBlues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad