Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Wild #5 | 22 fin time | something NA time look below | happy happy joy joy

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
Predictions on the starting date of the series?

Pretty good guess from the Predators board:

Just a guess when looking at scottrade and Bridgestone event schedule:

Can't play in St. Louis- Thursday 4/27, Saturday 5/6, Friday 5/12

Can't play in Nashville- Thursday 4/27, Sunday 4/30, Wednesday 5/3, Friday 5/5, Saturday 5/6

This is my prediction:

Friday 4/28- Game 1 @ STL
Sunday 4/30- Game 2 @ STL
Tuesday 5/2- Game 3 @ NSH
Thursday 5/4- Game 4 @ NSH
Sunday 5/7- Game 5 @ STL
Tuesday 5/9- Game 6 @ NSH
Thursday 5/11- Game 7 @ STL

And I am willing to bet that if my predicition is accurate, games 2 and 5 will be NBC afternoon games as long as the Atlantic division series is NOT Boston vs NYR

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
From r/hockey

IMG_0397_zpsqs2t3cdn.jpg

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
You could immediately see Stastny make an impact on the top line. I like Barbashev but he's not ready to take on such a heavy burden this early in his pro career.

So true. His impact was obvious. Top line was much more consistent shift to shift this game. I still think Shevy is going to get more games next round. Plus moving down the lineup and getting easier matchups, he will become more noticeable.

Schwartz - Stastny - Tarasenko
Steen - Barbashev - Perron
Paajarvi - Sobotka - Berglund
Upshall/Sanford - Brodziak - Reaves

Honestly if Upshall doesn't settle his **** down I wouldn't mind him grabbing some pine next round.

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
Can't get over that game winner. Sobie looked like he got a power up. The MPS goal was off DUUUUB and off the bottom of the crossbar.

Great series, I get people saying we were outplayed because of the possession. I think Allen made some outstanding saves but a lot were from weird angles that didn't really have a chance. The last two games were a bit different than the prior 3 obviously for him. I don't think we'll beat Nashville but who knows. Overall I'm stoked on blues hockey right now

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
At the start of the season if someone had said that Paajarvi would get the OT winner to win the first round of playoffs, they'd have been run off the board lol.

Good series. Need to clean up our play a bit though for Nashville, they have better goal tending than Dubnyk so we need to spend some more quality time in their end. Go Blues!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He got 2 assists but I didn't really think so.

Looked the same as always. Shaky.

Same....if that man could just skate..... he really isnt that bad of a player. His skating is just brutal though.

Also...

No game 7s!!!!! Seriously, this series was hard to watch but they could have so easily collapsed yet they took 2! OTs on hostile ground with some heart breaking GTGs

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Can we please take a second and appreciate how incredible Joel Edmundson was this game and really has been the entire series? Rock solid defensively, blocking shots, some huge hits, making good decisions with the puck, reading the play well and contributing offensively in a big way. He has been making HUGE strides all season IMO and it's fun to see him show up big time in the playoffs. He's tied with Schwartz & Steen for the most Blues goals in the playoffs so far FFS lol.

Today he played 27:16 (more than Bouwmeester) and lead all Blues with a PLUS 4.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Looks like the NBC peacock is green for some other reason, I honestly thought it was for the Wild because they were at home lol :badidea: However I just looked up and noticed it's still green for the Rags/Habs game.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Can we please take a second and appreciate how incredible Joel Edmundson was this game and really has been the entire series? Rock solid defensively, blocking shots, some huge hits, making good decisions with the puck, reading the play well and contributing offensively in a big way. He has been making HUGE strides all season IMO and it's fun to see him show up big time in the playoffs. He's tied with Schwartz & Steen for the most Blues goals in the playoffs so far FFS lol.

Today he played 27:16 (more than Bouwmeester) and lead all Blues with a PLUS 4.

:bow:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hahaha Roenick ripped Boudreaux on NBCSN for saying "we were the better team".

Lol such a stupid thing to say. You don't lose a series 4-1 as the better team. When teh score was tied, the Wild scored 1 goal all series. The Blues scored 8 times. When both teams needed a goal, the Blues scored and the Wild simply didn't. The Blues were better.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lol such a stupid thing to say. You don't lose a series 4-1 as the better team. When teh score was tied, the Wild scored 1 goal all series. The Blues scored 8 times. When both teams needed a goal, the Blues scored and the Wild simply didn't. The Blues were better.

I hope someone clips it. It was great. Cori doesnt win games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad