Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Wild #5 | 22 fin time | something NA time look below | happy happy joy joy

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How we win this series?

Allen, I'm now totally solded on him that he's winnable goaltender on post-season.

Great to see Sobotka stepping out. Lehterä was akward in 1st period, but after that he was maybe our best forechecker. Strange to say. Two goals were on him when he put his body on line and sprinted to boards and forced turnovers. One goal was on him when he got out of penaltybox.

Hard to put him on pressbox after good game. I would think of that Upshall should sit next game off and Barbashev would join in.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Congrats on dispatching the Wild. This is going to be the most physical series of the playoffs in my opinion. Good luck and good hockey ladies and gentlemen.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I don't think we deserved to win it, but I'll certainly take it! Jake was awesome, but he really needs to communicate with his defensemen. Blues need to up the intensity. Go Blues! :handclap:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Congrats on dispatching the Wild. This is going to be the most physical series of the playoffs in my opinion. Good luck and good hockey ladies and gentlemen.

Rinne and Allen are both playing great hockey right now, looking forward to it!

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Well, that's comforting at least...Yeo just stated that the team needs to grow and stop turtling when they have the lead. It's good that the coach recognizes that it's a glaring issue.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Oh the madness that will now ensue. Oh well, when you're right, you're right. :)

Hey eventually (and thankfully), he was right about Allen being the goalie of the future. Loved Elliott, but don't think he would of ever stole a series like Jake just did.

Hope his next series prediction proves just as accurate.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
With the amount of time both teams have off before the next round, I think STL vs nsh is going to be a ****ing blood bath. Can't wait!

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
He was one of four to pick the Blues in 5 in this forum's prediction thread, with RoarBacon, Blueton, and Ajax IIRC, but he was the only one to post a game-by-game prediction (somewhere else, I think) and he certainly nailed that.

giphy.gif

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I feel slightly confident going into round 2 knowing the boys played far from their best game.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
And of course I get busy at work and miss the ned. PRV with the winner :amazed:

I'd just like to thank Ranksu for the wonderfully effective reverse Finnish juju. You never let down, even doubling down with some nice Allen mini-meltdown shots when the game was tied. Which of course activated the 4th line caliber Swedish flash to do good things.

Keep it up Ranksu, you're the MVP of the series for me :laugh: the Blues will need all the reverse bad vibes you got and then some to contend with Nashville with how they're playing right now.

Who'd have thought (through injury of Fabs & no Backes, Brouwer, Shattenkirk or Elliott) the Blues with one of they're worse rosters of the post Oshie era would be able to make it to the second round :help: :popcorn: :yo:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If Blues stop trying turtle for long stretches, stop taking dumb penalties and keep pushing the play when they have leads, this team could be stanley cup final material. jake keeping them in every single game, they are getting depth scoring.

preds will be a tougher team because rinne is much better than dubnyk.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
Well, that's comforting at least...Yeo just stated that the team needs to grow and stop turtling when they have the lead. It's good that the coach recognizes that it's a glaring issue.

I heard that too. Interesting to hear him say that. I somewhat expected the "lack of push" was something somewhat instructed by him.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Making it to the second round was about all I could hope for prior to the beginning of the season. The fact that we had such a drastic personnel change and still remained competitive is a testament to the team. Excited about the future when we have Fabbri back and some of our young guys looking to be in the lineup this coming season.

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012

I am psyched we won but the team we turn into every time we get a lead is not a team I enjoy watching. After the first ten minutes this game was miserable. Still, without some help from the refs (what happened to letting them play in the playoffs?) we probably would have won in regulation.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
The fact that we won the series largely without Stas is pretty huge.

Stas was a comforting presence today.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

Thanks, congrats on Smashville doing just that to the Hawks, Hope the Blues finally bring their A game, but Nashville looks like the team to beat this year in the West or East imo. I'm just thrilled the Blues have shed their 1st round choker tag now, but if Blues fans are being honest (at least) most of us thought this team might have a shot of getting a top 10 pick in this draft, not making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Hope it's a fun and clean series with no injuries :yo:

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I am psyched we won but the team we turn into every time we get a lead is not a team I enjoy watching. After the first ten minutes this game was miserable. Still, without some help from the refs (what happened to letting them play in the playoffs?) we probably would have won in regulation.

I doubt Yeo enjoys watching it. He pretty much said the team is not the same when it has a lead.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Well calling Pajaarvi to score after the Zucker goal was the highlight of my day. Didn't think it would be an OT game winner.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
If Blues stop trying turtle for long stretches, stop taking dumb penalties and keep pushing the play when they have leads, this team could be stanley cup final material. jake keeping them in every single game, they are getting depth scoring.

Preds will be a tougher team because Rinne is much better than Dubnyk.
And also because The Preds' puck-carrying, rushing defencemen make them harder to defend, despite their forwards having less speed than those of The Wild. Still, I'd call this series a "pick 'em" - too close to call series (with Stastny back). Fabbri being out hurts. But, adding Sobotka's hustle, faceoff skill, defence and intangibles helps make up for much of that loss of scoring potential.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Paajarvi baby.

Phew, what a crazy series but glad we got the win and very glad for Mike Yeo to beat his former team. He's gotta be feeling hyped about this one.

At least we've made it this far. I was so tired of losing in the first round every year, literally that was the most embarrassing thing from 2013-2015. That was my lowest point as a Blues fan. At least we can actually pull out wins in the playoffs now.

Who knows what'll happen against Nashville. But it is winnable. Would love to keep this going.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

He keeps saying it, yet doesn't fix it.

Hell idk..Im not in the locker room

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad