Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Wild #5 | 22 fin time | something NA time look below | happy happy joy joy

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm so happy for Mike Yeo. I'll admit I was not happy when we hired him, but he has done but prove me wrong and today had to be the most satisfying day in his professional career.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I'm so happy for Mike Yeo. I'll admit I was not happy when we hired him, but he has done but prove me wrong and today had to be the most satisfying day in his professional career.

I'm impressed, I never hated Hitch, but Yeo has changed the way the team plays and the players seem to listen to him. I like what I've seen during games, in that he seems to talk to individual players on the bench and communicate with them in a constructive way.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Would anybody have believed halfway through this season that MPS would score an OT series winner? Sports are crazy, man.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
The play by Sobotka goes down in Blues history - great, great move. And way to bury the shot by Paajarvi - very pleased for him and all the work he's put into making himself an NHL player.

Bring on the Preds.

Four wins down (Edumundson, Schwartz, Schwartz, Paajarvi), 12 to go.
There is a path.​

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Couldn't watch the game but listened to it at work. Holy **** I can't believe Paajarvi scored the game winning OT goal! After the third period intermission I said watch the game winning OT goal be a Paajarvi wraparound goal or something completely unexpected.:laugh:

I am so looking forward to a round 2 Blues-Preds series, this is exactly what I wanted to have happened.

I was sort of skeptical about Mike Yeo when the Blues hired him initially but he won me over pretty quick when he took over for Hitch, really glad the Blues were able hire him as a coach. Happy he was able to beat the Wild.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
giphy.gif

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I got this everyone! I wore my hoodie at the start of the game but took it off for a shower right before the Wild scored. After shower I put it back on before it got too hot and took it off at about 12-13 minutes left in the period. I need to wear the hoodie, this is all my fault. I will deal with the sweating if needed.

@#$X*&^$ where was your head at :rant:
:sarcasm:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Does anyone know if FSMW will air a replay of today's game? (So I can actually watch it this time.)

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Magnus Paajarvi has always been a pretty good player. His offensive ability has always been somewhat lacking to expectations (at least considering draft position) but he's always been a decently well rounded player. I think he can be plugged into a top nine, probably best to keep in the bottom six though.

I'm glad that since he's come up more people have noticed how solid of a player he is, seems his offense was starting to come alive more.

Really happy Paajarvi scored that big goal and even more happy the Blues pulled out a win and took the series. Not gonna lie, I didn't like the way our team played really throughout the entire series and if we continue to lack puck possession and don't start creating more offense, we might get steamrolled by Nashville. Luckily Allen has been standing on his head and I'd go far enough to say he won us that series, made some big saves in each game and really kept us in it, even when we turtled hard.

Today really displayed the value Stastny has to us. I'm not talking about the goal, but his faceoffs helped immensely and his overall game. He can cycle, is creative and also a stalwart defensively. The Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko looked very good for majority of the game. Though I am extremely disgruntled at the fact I was scratched for Jori Lehterrible. Never should happen again (in all seriousness please God never let Jori play over Ivan again, Jori sucks).

Side note: what the hell was wrong with AP27 and JB19? Bouwmeester is crap but usually Petro is a rock solid presence back there. Parayko was also a beast.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
You could immediately see Stastny make an impact on the top line. I like Barbashev but he's not ready to take on such a heavy burden this early in his pro career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad