Tribute Blues and exBlues weddings

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
You miss the point. I literally don't give a shit if he was invited/not-invited/RSVP'd/declined/crashed the wedding and pissed on the wedding cake. It doesn't matter, at all. Pietrangelo was a great D for us. The team chemistry was great when he was C. We won a cup when he was C. The team could have all unanimously hated his guts. It doesn't matter.

People are just looking for excuses to pile on to prove Armstrong made/didn't make the right decision in not offering Pietrangelo what he wanted in his contract. But these assumptions based on a few photos from off-season weddings are literally meaningless.

No excuses are needed. The only thing you need to do is look at stats and admit that Faulk @6.5 is > Pietrangelo @8.9 or what ever it is he got.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
The funniest part to me is how much people focus on the whole Pietrangelo/ Faulk thing when the actual problem was/is the gradual degradation of the LD, particularly losing Jay Bouwmeester.

Pietrangelo or Faulk?

Who gives a shit, that's not the actual problem.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
You miss the point. I literally don't give a shit if he was invited/not-invited/RSVP'd/declined/crashed the wedding and pissed on the wedding cake. It doesn't matter, at all. Pietrangelo was a great D for us. The team chemistry was great when he was C. We won a cup when he was C. The team could have all unanimously hated his guts. It doesn't matter.

People are just looking for excuses to pile on to prove Armstrong made/didn't make the right decision in not offering Pietrangelo what he wanted in his contract. But these assumptions based on a few photos from off-season weddings are literally meaningless.
We’re talking about the guy who admitted he didn’t pick up a stick until later on? The guy who didn’t win the Conn Smythe or goaltended us to the promised land? Didn’t even get a 2ot goal against anyone, either?

I was on that train until I realized JayBo was the guy we were missing, not Pie.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We’re talking about the guy who admitted he didn’t pick up a stick until later on? The guy who didn’t win the Conn Smythe or goaltended us to the promised land? Didn’t even get a 2ot goal against anyone, either?

I was on that train until I realized JayBo was the guy we were missing, not Pie.

Is this a joke? I ask in earnest, The list of stuff you are knocking him for not doing is just ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. Its clearly shows the lengths people on here will go to to rationalize letting Pietrangelo leave.

He didn't win the Conn Smythe? Oh no, he was only third best Blues player as voted by media.

Our defenseman didn't goaltend us to the promise land? Rofl WTF does that even mean? Did JBo, who you admit was important win the Conn Smythe or goaltend us to the promised land?

Did Binnington or ROR or JBO score the single 2OT goal?

Pietrangelo played 35+ minutes in the double OT game getting an assist on our first goal (of 2) and not letting a single goal against when he was on the ice. He was the captain that year. He had more ice time than anyone in the playoffs. He was 3rd on the team in points for the playoffs He scored the winning goal in game 7 of the Finals. All that is much more impressive than your list of stuff he didn't do.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Fans are illogical. If Petro was still here, people would be making excuses for him. He's gone, so he's the devil. Pujols left and people hated his guts. He returns and he's a hero. They're just people making a career.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Is this a joke? I ask in earnest, The list of stuff you are knocking him for not doing is just ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. Its clearly shows the lengths people on here will go to to rationalize letting Pietrangelo leave.

He didn't win the Conn Smythe? Oh no, he was only third best Blues player as voted by media.

Our defenseman didn't goaltend us to the promise land? Rofl WTF does that even mean? Did JBo, who you admit was important win the Conn Smythe or goaltend us to the promised land?

Pietrangelo played 35+ minutes in the double OT game getting an assist on our first goal (of 2) and not letting a single goal against when he was on the ice. He was the captain that year. He had more ice time than anyone in the playoffs. He was 3rd on the team in points for the playoffs He scored the winning goal in game 7 of the Finals. All that is much more impressive than your list of stuff he didn't do.

As Voted By The Media. What the hell does THAT even mean?

ROR won the Conn Smythe and the Selke which happened to be the award given to the one who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.

Isn't Pietrangelo a dman?

I do give Pie credit for quite a bit, but the one thing you seem to be missing is:

Pie decided to leave, to uproot his family in St. Louis and go somewhere else.

Always remember that.

You're fighting for someone who did not want to be here. Fighting for a guy who helped break the curse and Captained his team to the Cup, hoisted the Cup, became a legend overnight, and decided that wearing the C as the leader of the Blues and continuing to live in St. Louis with his family wasn't good enough anymore.

To hell with him.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
As Voted By The Media. What the hell does THAT even mean?

ROR won the Conn Smythe and the Selke which happened to be the award given to the one who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.

Isn't Pietrangelo a dman?

I do give Pie credit for quite a bit, but the one thing you seem to be missing is:

Pie decided to leave, to uproot his family in St. Louis and go somewhere else.

Always remember that.

You're fighting for someone who did not want to be here. Fighting for a guy who helped break the curse and Captained his team to the Cup, hoisted the Cup, became a legend overnight, and decided that wearing the C as the leader of the Blues and continuing to live in St. Louis with his family wasn't good enough anymore.

To hell with him.

OMG, are you really saying Petro should have won a Selke? Really? That is what you are saying!?!?! These arguments just get worse and worse. A Defenseman should have won the award for "the FORWARD who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game." Pietrangelo was never eligible for it because he is a defenseman, not a forward.

I said as voted by the media because that is who votes on the Conn Smythe. RoR came in first, Binnington 2nd, Rask 3rd and Pietrangelo 4th in voting. Or 3rd best on our team, as voted by the Hockey Writers Association, aka the media.

You are showing your belly with the last half of your post. You're hurt he left and you are rationalizing it as a good thing after the fact. Pietrangelo was a good player for us. None of this BS people keep bringing up about him changes that he was a great player. Not whether he got invited to weddings or some comment he made about not picking up a stick or the fact he didn't play goaltender or win awards he wasn't eligible for, or the fact he came in 3rd amongst Blues for the Conn Smythe instead of 1st.

If you care about Conn Smythe voting than he was our 3rd best player during the cup run. What I'm "fighting for"is the truth, and the truth is he was a damn good for us in the cup run and throughout his whole career. We don't have the Cup without him and we are a damn site worse now as well. But if he thought moving to Vegas was in the best interest of him and his family, then good for him. I wish him well.

Reactions: jura

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Good lord I feel bad for even making a joke about Pietrangelo not being there.

Still the biggest news in that entire event is Eddy keeping his shirt on for more than 30 minutes.

Reactions: stl76

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I do find it interesting how so many of their former teammates show up for these and this is 2nd one this summer and Petro wasn't at either. It's almost as if nobody liked him..
Where is Tarasenko, Krug, Scandella, Kyrou, Zel Zotto, Husso, Perron, Sundqvist, Dunn, Barbashev, Sanford, Fabbri, Blais, Butler, MacMac, Nolan, Thorburn and Johnson?

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I mean he got 10 votes out of 54 total. Not something to write home about especially when Parayko got 7 for pure defensive prowess. Also bragging about the game winning goal when the game itself was 1 goal away from being a complete lopsided shit show is a bold strategy. Bragging that he was captain is also a bad move when you realize the team was so f***ing bad that if it had not been for Binnington we would have missed the playoffs also isn't a good move. Infact most of what you have to say is pretty f***ing stupid.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I mean he got 10 votes out of 54 total. Not something to write home about especially when Parayko got 7 for pure defensive prowess. Also bragging about the game winning goal when the game itself was 1 goal away from being a complete lopsided shit show is a bold strategy. Bragging that he was captain is also a bad move when you realize the team was so f***ing bad that if it had not been for Binnington we would have missed the playoffs also isn't a good move. Infact most of what you have to say is pretty f***ing stupid.

Whoever is defending Petro at this point is like someone making excuses for an ex that cheated on them. I'll always respect what he did for the team, but I also don't care that he's gone. I'd rather have players who actually want to be here.

And even though Petro had the C on his jersey, I consider Steen and O'Reilly to be the main leaders of that championship team. I've heard lots of guys talking about what those two meant to the team on and off the ice, while I almost never hear people talk about Petro's leadership qualities. And I quite often hear about how Faulk is a huge part of the team off the ice, so I'm quite pleased with how that whole situation turned out. Faulker ain't missing any weddings!

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
You can really tell it's the offseason, huh?

Yeah August always sucks, pointless fights about stuff that doesn't matter, all of us just waiting for camp news to endlessly speculate about etc.

Hey here's some news, Zach Bolduc will be in town soon to start working with team staff. Saw it in a piece I read recently.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Whoever is defending Petro at this point is like someone making excuses for an ex that cheated on them. I'll always respect what he did for the team, but I also don't care that he's gone. I'd rather have players who actually want to be here.

And even though Petro had the C on his jersey, I consider Steen and O'Reilly to be the main leaders of that championship team. I've heard lots of guys talking about what those two meant to the team on and off the ice, while I almost never hear people talk about Petro's leadership qualities. And I quite often hear about how Faulk is a huge part of the team off the ice, so I'm quite pleased with how that whole situation turned out. Faulker ain't missing any weddings!

You've had ex-girlfriends who left you because some GM wouldn't pay them as much to stay your gf as they could get elsewhere? That is a weird situation man. Maybe try finding a girl who you don't have to pay. that might make you less sensitive about a hockey player changing teams. In my experience, a professional athlete I never met accepting a better contract for a different team is nothing like an ex-girlfriend.

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You've had ex-girlfriends who left you because some GM wouldn't pay them as much to stay your gf as they could get elsewhere? That is a weird situation man. Maybe try finding a girl who you don't have to pay. that might make you less sensitive about a hockey player changing teams. In my experience, a professional athlete I never met accepting a better contract for a different team is nothing like an e-girlfriend.
She said size didn't matter!

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Krug wants to be here. It has nothing to do with us offering a better contract than Boston. He LOVES us.

This is worse than talking to pro wrestling fans who don't realize it's fake.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Good lord I feel bad for even making a joke about Pietrangelo not being there.

Still the biggest news in that entire event is Eddy keeping his shirt on for more than 30 minutes.
Talking about Pietrangelo (even if it’s a joke) is sort of like talking about anything remotely political these days. Someone will always have a pitchfork and torch ready, others will follow.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad