Confirmed with Link: Blues acquire Nikita Soshnikov for 2019 4th round pick

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I mean, can anyone say for sure Soshnikov isn't a Russian sleeper agent?

HA. You think it is a coincidence that the Blues have like the 2nd most Russians on a single team? Of course not! Am I the Only on that notices that Tarasenko, Barbie (when on the wing), now Soshnikov, and soon to be Kostin all on the right wing. Blues might have all Russian RIGHT WING corps. If that is not collusion, then I don't know what is.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
HA. You think it is a coincidence that the Blues have like the 2nd most Russians on a single team? Of course not! Am I the Only on that notices that Tarasenko, Barbie (when on the wing), now Soshnikov, and soon to be Kostin all on the right wing. Blues might have all Russian RIGHT WING corps. If that is not collusion, then I don't know what is.

Don't forget Jaskin, raised in the Czech Republic, but Russian born.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Ha, remember watching that movie on TV when I was a little kid, man I loved those Van Damme movies as a kid back in the day :laugh:. Bloodsport, Lionhart, Sudden Death, etc.

Dude, same here, ha. Kickboxer and Death Warrant are good, too.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
In the Morning Skate in today's PD, Yeo said Shashnikov could arrive in St. Louis as early as tomorrow. If not, it should be very soon.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Hah, you know meaning of 'Sisu'?
Haha yeah, I think I know the meaning of sisu (as well as any lazy American can...). When I think of "sisu" I think of Finland fighting with Russia in WWII. I'm sure you already know the history, but Finland was totally out matched by the resources and numbers of Russia. Prospects of victory were basically zero, yet Fins kept fighting despite the bad odds and cold miserable conditions. Eventually, they basically outlasted the Russians and technically won. That's what I think of when I think of "sisu."

Obviously in relation to Soshnikov, I was mostly joking.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Haha yeah, I think I know the meaning of sisu (as well as any lazy American can...). When I think of "sisu" I think of Finland fighting with Russia in WWII. I'm sure you already know the history, but Finland was totally out matched by the resources and numbers of Russia. Prospects of victory were basically zero, yet Fins kept fighting despite the bad odds and cold miserable conditions. Eventually, they basically outlasted the Russians and technically won. That's what I think of when I think of "sisu."

Obviously in relation to Soshnikov, I was mostly joking.

Yeah, our grandfathers were true heroes. How many stories I've heard that young mens wanted to go army and defend Finland, but you need to be 18 years old so those guys faked their parents signatures so they can fight and if they couldn't get change they generally hang themselves. Its was brutal time and knowing they were fighting outside wild nature cold tempature -40c and most of were at fight continually 6-years. I can't imagine nowadays mens could do that if really we would be war against Russia. Ofc those days were different days, but its just 70-years ago and still you can see the effect and culture effect on us and friendship with Russians. So yeah sisu does have bigger meaning then just not give up when you face impossible.

Btw there was volunteers from USA back then, mostly finnish americans who wanted to help their previous country. Can you imagine there was almost 10 000 swedish mens who volunteered for fighting with Finland. Side note Christopher Lee has been volunteer too from Great Britain.

Last edited:

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Hoping he will play on Sunday. Yeo said "...we have nothing to lose by putting him in there". Was that an admission that the team is at rock bottom? Looking forward to see what Soshnikov can bring. The way #71 has been playing, Yeo should consider putting him in that slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad