Confirmed with Link: Blues acquire Nikita Soshnikov for 2019 4th round pick

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
14 career points in 70 games. And Sanford nearing return. A bit odd but whatever.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Not sure where they see him fitting in. Another LHS to add to the stable. Didn’t cost us anything which is fine. His cap hit is only 773k. He also did well with the Marlies in his conditioning stint.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I mean, it's hard to complain about this to any degree. Traded a 4th rounder for a guy who is only 24 and is if nothing else a good AHL player with a decent shot to be a solid 3rd liner. So, yeah, thumbs up.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Relatively young player, he has bounced between the AHL and the Leafs the last few years. Giving up the 4th round pick is fine with me. I don't expect to see much of him, but I'd say he'll develop into a good third line player.

Here are his stats: Nikita Soshnikov

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
What is a Soshnikov and what does it do?

Leafs fan here. Good 4th line guy. Seriously fast and every shift is 100% all out for him. Very physical and doesn't back down from anyone. He's got a bullet wrister but never really put himself in a position to use it and never played with linemates who could find him in the scoring areas. He's got a bit of untapped potential offensively and could succeed in a 3rd line wing role for you guys. I'd say 15 goals is his upside, maybe 20 if it really goes well for him, as he's a PPG guy in the AHL. Regardless, he's really fun to watch and I think y'all will enjoy having him. Just no opportunity really for him in Toronto with our winger depth.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Precursor to another deal ;)

Don't think so honesty. It's been well known for a while the Maple Leafs are on a roster crunch on forwards. Hopefully, we just got a potentially solid 3rd liner for basically nothing.

Only downside to this is he's, once again, a freaking lefty.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Sosh is a fast, gritty player that isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas, hit and has a hell of a shot. He has offensive instincts. I really like him. He gives his all every shift. Should be a good third line player. You guys should definitely be happy about this.

Can he play Right Wing, or is he strictly a LW?

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Sosh is a good player to have.

His ceiling is a 3rd line winger, unless he improves his puck skills. His shot is fantastic but he doesn't get a ton of opportunities to score. He kills penalties quite nicely. Very tenacious but he's very thin and I can't see his body type sustaining that style of play.

He is still young and a pretty decent 4th line winger with some upside because of that elite shot.

Good luck Sosh.

<3

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
He can play both.

That I like to hear. If he's capable on the right side, I can say he has a very decent shot to get some time on top 9 here. Our Left is silly good but RW is arguably our biggest weakness right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad