Prospect Info: Blues 2021 draft

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I never understand why it’s popular to just crap on Pronman. He has his biases, much like Button, much like Saxon, and much like everyone else. Be aware of his biases and read his write ups to understand what he sees. Much like how one should read all write ups. It’s just silly to crap on one and act like the others don’t have the same issue.

It's because Pronman's preferences don't map to reality. Why "be aware" of his biases when you can just ignore him and get better opinions from other sources?

Reactions: Stealth JD

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Dallas was confident they could get Johnston without any games played. And picked up a haul of picks to do it! Very good haul by them, and I think Johnston will be a good player for them

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I just want to say that I don't hate the Bolduc pick. I think he will be a solid asset for the Blues. My frustration comes from the fact that upon my own research this year I felt like there were several superior picks available. I still think whoever takes Lambos will get the steal of the draft. Lambos is a top 10 pick that fell due to injury.
I don't think it was JUST the injury. From what I read he struggled a bit on the ice before the injury ever happened. That said, it was a weird year and it couldn't have been easy traveling to a foreign country and playing juniors there.

FWIW I was hoping we would take Lambos too. Bolduc was never really on my radar, but I'm looking forward to learning more about him and following his development.

Sure would be great if we could figure out a way to finagle a 2nd and take Kirsanov...

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The pick of the draft might be me picking up one of these Triburst lights :nod:

CoverYour5

Sep 25, 2018
I mean, lots of other teams are passing on Lambos too; it’s not just the Blues
Agreed. There's a reason why he has fallen this far. Maybe that reason hasn't made it through the media. Who knows. I'll reserve judgement myself as I haven't done a ton of research into the prospects this year.

I thought the blues would trade the pick. We will see what happens throughout the rest of the first round I guess.

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
Really wanted Ceulemans, was hoping we could move back and take him or after taking Bolduc move up into the draft to snag him. I think Columbus did well there. Between him and Boqvist they potentially rebuilt their top 4 RHD in one day (obviously a couple years out to develop).

Hoping Bolduc turns out to be a solid top 6 center for us and maybe we add some additional picks to refill the cupboard.

Reactions: mk80

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
"In a weird series of events, the Blues trade for the 28th pick to re-draft... Dominik Bokk??"

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Logan Mailloux to the Habs... that is a nightmare like the Arizona pick last season

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: