Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues picks in 2021 draft

1st round pick
2nd round pick traded
Ryan O'Reilly to Blues for • Patrik Berglund • Vladimir Sobotka • Tage Thompson • first round pick (Blues option of 2019 or 2020 if Blues 2019 pick is in top 10, else 2019) (2019 #31-Ryan Johnson) • 2021 second round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick traded
Marco Scandella to Blues for • 2020 second round pick (#56-Jack Finley) • 2021 conditional fourth round pick (if Blues re-sign Scandella before 10-07 or if Blues advance to third round of 2020 playoffs and Scandella plays in least half of the games)
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick acquired
2020 seventh round pick (#202-Chase Bradley) to Red Wings for • 2021 seventh round pick (?-?) on 2020-10-07
7th round pick traded
Justin Faulk • 2020 fifth round pick (#145-Pavel Novak) to Blues for • Dominik Bokk • Joel Edmundson • 2021 seventh round pick

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
It's so crazy that we agreed to a conditional add while trading a 2nd for a guy who just before that got dealt for a 4th alone. Seems like Army only put the screws to Petro in negotiations lately....

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
It's so crazy that we agreed to a conditional add while trading a 2nd for a guy who just before that got dealt for a 4th alone. Seems like Army only put the screws to Petro in negotiations lately....
Montreal/STL/Minn Scandella is 3 times better than Buffalo Scandella. Idk whats up with Buffalo but everyone they get suddenly regress. Look at Okposo and Skinner. There's something in the water in Buffalo.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Montreal/STL/Minn Scandella is 3 times better than Buffalo Scandella. Idk whats up with Buffalo but everyone they get suddenly regress. Look at Okposo and Skinner. There's something in the water in Buffalo.
Someone should have pointed this out to Hall or his agent.

Reactions: BlueOil

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Buffalo going for that #1 overall pick.
OT, but I assume if Buffalo are out of playoffspot at trade deadline, I think they will retain his salary and sell it. It could be really important to keep at some breathing room when going in to season. You never know what you would get if you have free cap space. GM's will pay a lot of then.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
2021 is supposed to be loaded with quality D prospects, I really want to see the Blues acquire extra picks for this draft. Particularly getting back into the 2nd round or even getting an extra 1st (tall task on the 1st imo).

Reactions: Ranksu and simon IC

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
It remains to be seen how the rest of the season plays out, but I don't think 2021 is as loaded in terms of depth for defenseman.

There are quite a lot of good ones, but they're all in between picks 1 - 15. From where the Blues should be picking, I think the Blues are going to be in a position to select another winger than defenseman. At this point, Danil Chayka or Stanislav Svozil might be the best bets, which aren't bad mind you, but I would much rather have one of the forwards that will be in those spots than them. I genuinely think that the Blues were in a great spot in 2020 to draft a defenseman without feeling like they were reaching. I'm not as convinced that will be the case for the 2021 draft. Still, the season just started, so anything can happen (especially in COVID times).

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
It remains to be seen how the rest of the season plays out, but I don't think 2021 is as loaded in terms of depth for defenseman.

There are quite a lot of good ones, but they're all in between picks 1 - 15. From where the Blues should be picking, I think the Blues are going to be in a position to select another winger than defenseman. At this point, Danil Chayka or Stanislav Svozil might be the best bets, which aren't bad mind you, but I would much rather have one of the forwards that will be in those spots than them. I genuinely think that the Blues were in a great spot in 2020 to draft a defenseman without feeling like they were reaching. I'm not as convinced that will be the case for the 2021 draft. Still, the season just started, so anything can happen (especially in COVID times).

I feel the opposite, wasn't thrilled with the defense options in 2020 and thought there was better value taking a forward.

Guess we'll see how 2021 shapes up but it figures to be another wonky season where scouting opportunities will be limited from what I've heard.

Reactions: Ranksu

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

Given the quality of the forward prospects this year(or lack thereof IMO), I tend to think that this is a year where you'll see a lot of teams reach for a forward instead of going by straight rankings. IMO there's a limited supply of quality forwards, and limited supply typically means increased demand which can lead to some ridiculous reaches(cough Filatov cough).

And that means the defensemen will probably drop. I doubt that Power/Clarke/Evinsson are affected; but I think starting at Lambos you could see guys starting to slip 3-5 spots below their listing.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There is one really interesting prospect Samuel Helenius. He is 6'66'' and 183lbs (199cm 83kg) :laugh:now 3+1 in 8 GP, most of next year draft elibigle players. He has smooth wheels such a lanky forward, its not only straight skating, but he's agile in tight turns and lateral skating too. Has hockey IQ, knows where to be, with and without puck understanding is good level for 17-years old. Plays physical game, ofc that body is huge difference maker in finnish league, but he's playing against mens.

I'll info how his season will progress..

He's used at PK too and here is clip where he prevent pass and scores at PK.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
There is one really interesting prospect Samuel Helenius. He is 6'66'' and 183lbs (199cm 83kg) :laugh:now 3+1 in 8 GP, most of next year draft elibigle players. He has smooth wheels such a lanky forward, its not only straight skating, but he's agile in tight turns and lateral skating too. Has hockey IQ, knows where to be, with and without puck understanding is good level for 17-years old. Plays physical game, ofc that body is huge difference maker in finnish league, but he's playing against mens.

I'll info how his season will progress..

He's used at PK too and here is clip where he prevent pass and scores at PK.

Not interested. We only draft players that are from SWE.

Reactions: sfvega and simon IC

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Not interested. We only draft players that are from SWE.
tenor.gif

Reactions: LogosBlue

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
End watching Joonas Oden and Kristian Tanus games. Prospect which weren't drafted. Oden style of play scream 3rd/4th liner. Its really hard to compare his skating to other NHL players, but most of time he's fastest player on ice. He has frame and knowledge how to protect to puck. So much of him reminds Steen when he plays at boards. I'm really bemused about why Oden wasn't drafted. Ofc he doesn't have all over him that wow - efect. He has imo develope from WJC years.

I fully understand Tanus did go undrafted. He's undersized and doesn't have that speedy legs such a small forward, but that kid has hockey IQ. He sees the ice so well. Only if he could grow, increase strenght and leg speed, he would be good player.

Interesting to see if they go undrafted another year.

Question what is prospect age when they can go just signed to NHL, not drafted?

Last edited:

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Reading Dobber Prospects. Owen Power is making me drool! Maybe we could get a lottery pick ...
Owen Power

Power looks to be a beast and I have a strong feeling that he goes #1 overall. I would love to get him, but I don’t see it happening.

More realistically, I really like what I’ve seen of Corson Ceulemans.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Brandt Clarke is also a really exciting prospect. Brandt Clarke He is also a RD, which makes him even more desirable. Luke Hughes and Carson Lambos are two other defensemen that are on my radar already.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Brandt Clarke is also a really exciting prospect. Brandt Clarke He is also a RD, which makes him even more desirable. Luke Hughes and Carson Lambos are two other defensemen that are on my radar already.
Yeah - 2021 is LOADED with top-tier defensemen. I've scoured multiple 2021 rankings sites, and there is no consensus thus far (unlike '22 - Shane Wright or '23 - Connor Bedard). Owen Power, Brandt Clarke, Simon Edvinsson, Corson Ceulemans, Luke Hughes, Carson Lambos, Stanislav Svozil, Aidan Hreschuk all look like they could be top-pairing guys down the road; seems like the top forward is Aatu Räty, but he's hardly in the class of Wright or Bedard; so it's probably a good year to grab a D-man near the top of the draft.

Reactions: TK 421

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2