Prospect Info: Blues 2021 draft

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I haven't been able to watch today, but I just looked at our picks. I like the Robertsson pick a good bit. I don't know much at all about Galloway. I am disappointed that he is a lefty since our entire defensive pool is lefties. Only a minor complaint though, as you got to take BPA. If the scouts thought he was BPA, then its good.

Matt Kessel says WTF?

Reactions: stl76

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Montreal drafted Xavier Simoneau.

He's 5'7" and has already been passed over two drafts. I'm surprised they used a pick on him as they could've signed him for free after the draft.

Our final pick is on coming shortly. I wouldn't mind Jacob Guévin (a right defender) or Joe Vrbetic if we decide we want a goalie.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

He's 5'7" and has already been passed over two drafts. I'm surprised they used a pick on him as they could've signed him for free after the draft.

Our final pick is on coming shortly. Please eiter a Jacob Guévin (a right defender) or Joe Vrbetic if we decide we want a goalie.

We usually take a goalie. However, we have a nice group of goalie prospects and not many picks this year. This would be the year to skip the goalie.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Blues take Ivan Vorobyov, RW with their 7th round pick.
Possibly our last pick of the day.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Galloway is a LONGSHOT, big and physical like the Blues like but other than rushes, lacks in offensive zone production and also seems to consistently have D-zone lapses, loses battles, and turns the puck over for extended DZ time. Typically 5th rounders are longshots but this year there's players that slipped due to the OHL not playing. I wish the Blues took a chance on a player that went soon after like the Leafs taking Ty Voit at 153. An early projected high 2nd rounder who fell to a 70s ranked player on many draft boards. Simply because he hasn't played an OHL game since March 2020.
Always appreciate a first hand scouting report, here's hoping Galloway develops nicely and cleans up the deficiencies you see in his game.

As far as your comments on players from the OHL slipping, definitely makes a lot of sense. Sounds like Beauterham was on the same page re: Ryan Mast.

This draft was deep with defencemen. Galloway played well in The WHL this season. He's young. Let's see how he developes over the next 4 years. Let's hope he's got a lot of ambition to be the best player he can be, and he gets good coaching, and works hard at it. He's got good size, can skate well for a D-Man, and started to hit his scoring stride. I'd guess he has a decent shot at eventually making The NHL. He looks like a late-bloomer.
Didn't mean for my post to come off as negative on Galloway, agree with everything you're saying here. I've never seen him play, just going purely off stats and the fact that 5th rounders rarely make it.

FWIW recent Blues 5th round pick Matt Kessel looks like he has a decent shot at making the NHL so maybe we can strike gold twice in the 5th!

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
I can't find much on Ivan Vorobyov other than some solid MHL stats from EP. Anyone have any Russian scouting intel? Could be one of those nice surprise pick due to low scout travel.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
We’re gonna bring his twin and Leo Loof’s twin over to compete with the Blackhawks and their two sets of brothers (Jones’s and Dach’s)

Do they have to compete at hockey or can it also be something else? Because the Vorobyov's are complete unknowns and the Lööfs aren't that good. ;)

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
There’s a highlight video of him on YouTube, and he looks much bigger than he’s listed on EP. Maybe it’s just the cameras playing tricks, but I saw him and thought “ah, this is who we hoped Toropchenko would be.” His shot is all kinds of filthy.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Our final pick is on coming shortly. I wouldn't mind Jacob Guévin (a right defender) or Joe Vrbetic if we decide we want a goalie.
Guevin would’ve been perfect :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad