OT: Blues @ 2018-19 season

Where this team goes next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
So this guy's been staying here at the hotel for about a month, he's from Missouri moving here and is a huge Blues fan too. So we talk for probably a hour a day about the Blues. Well anyway he just came up to me just now and said, "Hey what did you think about the FA signings!?" To which I said "meh..." To which he replies "SERIOUSLY! We got Perron back he had a monster year last year! And Tyler Bozak is good!!" To which I replied, "yeah Perron had a good audtion year, and has never played like that any time as a Blue, and Bozak is a better Berglund." To which he says "Are you kidding we're gonna be good!" To which I just kinda nodded my head and said I gotta get back to work. And I just realized the guy probably posts here, and will read this later on lol. Just messing around buddy, I agree the Blues are gonna be great with Perron for a 3rd try & Bozak, look out Stanley Cup Finals here we come!

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I want to change my vote, I think we're easily a playoff team now with the addition of ROR. Went from super down about the upcoming season to happy and very much looking forward to how this team looks in the next few years. Lets Go Blues!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Can we reset this poll so I can change my vote?
I want to change my vote, I think we're easily a playoff team now with the addition of ROR. Went from super down about the upcoming season to happy and very much looking forward to how this team looks in the next few years. Lets Go Blues!
You can change your vote by clicking the button in bottom right corner of the poll area.

Reactions: 91ReasonsYouLose

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
You all suck. I had confidence before ROR and now everyone is jumping my bandwagon for the 3rd round.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Positivity in Blues forums is on the upswing with Armstrong making some bold moves!! I'm excited, but being a Blues fan I expect some disappointment come playoff time!! I'm guessing two rounds deep in the playoffs, possibly WC finals. But I like our future.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Listen, we all want the same thing here, which is one god damn cup in our lifetime. This team on paper looks just about as good as it did in 2015, and we've got at least 2 years to make it count so let's f***in do this

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Still cranky today Ranksu? Yesterday you were complaining that adding only Bozak and Perron was basically just giving up on next year. You had already somehow figured out how the next year was going to end. Just wondering if the latest events have changed your outlook at all.

Oh yeah, and Berglund is gone. Maybe you can finally smile and be happy!

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Still cranky today Ranksu? Yesterday you were complaining that adding only Bozak and Perron was basically just giving up on next year. You had already somehow figured out how the next year was going to end. Just wondering if the latest events have changed your outlook at all.

Oh yeah, and Berglund is gone. Maybe you can finally smile and be happy!
Naw! We still have Steen and Sundqvist! :naughty: Personally, If I were a Finn, I'd dislike The Russians a little more than The Swedes. But, with Tarasenko and Kostin on the team, it's difficult to have that as a policy.

But, never mind. After Army's work yesterday, I'm more than happy enough for TWO Blues fans!!! So, i make up for hard-to-satisfy Ranksu, in spades! :popcorn::thumbu::D:D;)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I Changed my vote from Bubble team for ----> Stanley Cup winner :bb:

657937799099df929fc0e306c31c4b93.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Note in MI

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
To all Blues fans: what are your thoughts on Alex Steen? He'll be 35 next March. Does he still have it? Has he lost a step? I see many of you have him pencilled in on your second line which is good. I am curious... does he hit, block shots...I never get to see him play. I'd appreciate any info.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
To all Blues fans: what are your thoughts on Alex Steen? He'll be 35 next March. Does he still have it? Has he lost a step? I see many of you have him pencilled in on your second line which is good. I am curious... does he hit, block shots...I never get to see him play. I'd appreciate any info.
Third line*

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia

Yeah, certainly lost a step at this point, but he is still an effective two way player. He hits, blocks shots, leaves it all out on the ice, and can play just about any role on the team. With all of our additions this offseason, I think he will see a decrease in ice time this season, but I think his production will stay the same because he will be playing with a lot more skill than last season.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He’s still a solid middle 6 forward. Some fans act like he’s completely washed up and is a pure cap dump. I would ignore them.

Reactions: Blueston

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
The only 2nd line Steen will be a part of is paired with ROR for a matchup line, but with Yeo's deployment strategy, I doubt that will be a common line outside of holding the lead in empty net situations.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
There have been teams that walked in looking like pretenders and wound up with their names on the Cup.

Why not this year and why not us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad