OT: Blues @ 2018-19 season

Where this team goes next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
You guys had a hell of an off-season. Congrats.

Just like the Flames, now it all depends on if goaltending can pull through.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Flames picked up some nice pieces, but I still don't get why they were so eager to dump Hamilton.

Treliving probably didn’t see Hamilton re-signing with us, so he sold him while his value was still high. He got us two solid RFA’s that we can control for more than 3 years, so you can’t complain.

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Blues roll 4 "scoring" lines, play thrilling run and gun hockey and win the Presidents Trophy, despite a much higher GA, a mediocre PK and inconsistent goaltending. But who cares, we can outscore anyone, right? Then we are shut down in the 1st round by a good defensive team with a hot goalie, and management, players and fans alike are reminded that defense is actually important. :D

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Blues roll 4 "scoring" lines, play thrilling run and gun hockey and win the Presidents Trophy, despite a much higher GA, a mediocre PK and inconsistent goaltending. But who cares, we can outscore anyone, right? Then we are shut down in the 1st round by a good defensive team with a hot goalie, and management, players and fans alike are reminded that defense is actually important. :D

As a life long blues fan anything can go wrong lol.

How is running four scoring lines going to impact the D? Is our Defense not still going to be top 10 worthy? Are you against the activativing of the D in the offensive zone like the Blues were doing early last season? They can still matchup lines and manage zone starts even if they have four scoring line and not a traditional shut down line or 4th line can’t they? Isn’t Yeo still considered a defense first coach? A modern day Hitchcock? Thought that was reason DA wanted him.

I don’t think PK will be a concern they just need to identify the right players. The coaching staff has at least proved they can coach a good PK unlike the PP.

If the Blues clash with a D first team with a hot goalie in the playoffs, I have more faith that this years roster can power through than I did in any of the previous ones.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad