GDT: Blues (2-2-1) vs. Flames (Bad) | October 26, 7:00 MDT

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh you not liking star wars isn't the egregious part for me as someone who isn't the biggest fan myself.

It's saying you'd rather watch twilight. I mean, to laugh at maybe?
I'd rather not watch either.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We go down a couple goals and the usual suspects arrive to post and "support" the team

Well I'm out.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Markstrom is the one bright spot this season. And that's with a couple suspect goals. The majority of the time he's our best player. I'm glad he's looking better than the tyre fire of last season... But where's our bloody top end talent. Help this man. Score.

Reactions: Felidae

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Just seen Caufield scoring a nice goal in OT, we don't have these kind of players on our team- that's why we are losing.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
This is clearly a "core" worth committing to.

Conroy might be worse than Feaster, if such a thing was even possible

Guy has literally been on the job for like 6 months and inherited one of if not the biggest messes in the NHL, give your head a shake. He isn't the one who signed all these boat anchor contracts that have gimped this franchise for the next 5+ years.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I've blocked a few posters from the general threads. Heavy hitters. It's not a bad option!

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
M
Markstrom is the one bright spot this season. And that's with a couple suspect goals. The majority of the time he's our best player. I'm glad he's looking better than the tyre fire of last season... But where's our bloody top end talent. Help this man. Score.
Markstrom is much better than his current .897sv% this season imo

A lot of the goals haven't been his fault. Or maybe that's just me trying to find something positive lol.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
M

Markstrom is much better than his current .897sv% this season imo

A lot of the goals haven't been his fault. Or maybe that's just me trying to find something positive lol.
No, you're right. I see a goalie making more solid saves than last year. By a good margin. He has made way more 10-bell this season so far. He's not getting support by the team.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I'm still going to watch, just not going to participate here because too many posters only come around when we're losing and make it unbearable to read.
I think our problem is and I'm guilty of it too. We're such a passionate fan base. We freaking love our Calgary Flames, and it's frustrating to watch them play under their potential. This team should be good. Unfortunately, even when the puck is on our stick it seems to bounce off and be a turn over. It's shocking to me how there hasn't been any chemistry so far.
I have a Huberdeau jersey, I'm cheering for this dude like I have with all of my past favorites, but it's just head scratching how we're not competing to win.
These guys need to come out strong, they need to fight back to win these tight games.
I don't speak on behalf of everyone here, but I love my Flames, but when I get frustrated, I get upset.
Anyways dude, I get it. If you don't post again tonight enjoy the game, and keep on cheering. I definitely will.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Boom, yeah I feel that way. I want us and expect us to compete every night. Looking at our roster on paper, I demand more.. and it gets so deflating at times. I bloody well want a game breaker on this team again.

Reactions: Boomstick

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Guy has literally been on the job for like 6 months and inherited one of if not the biggest messes in the NHL, give your head a shake. He isn't the one who signed all these boat anchor contracts that have gimped this franchise for the next 5+ years.
No but he is the one desperate to re-sign Hanifin and Lindholm.

And no doubt this math will be incredibly hard to understand but if the team is this bad with Lindholm @ 4.85M and Hanifin @ 4.95M, what exactly are they going to be when those two they're making 9M+ and 7M+ respectively?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad